Chapter 28

"Hey Jacob, I really like you. I was just wondering if you're free today. Would you like to go on a date with me ?", I asked. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. That's it. That's all I have to say. I'll walk up to Jacob and tell him exactly what I feel. I heard Charlotte chuckle from her side of the room. "I've never seen you this nervous". I sighed, "That's because I've never been this nervous. Not even when I had a math test the other day". She chuckled,"Well, let's go. I'm excited to see what happens". I nervously tugged at the end of the shirt I was wearing.

          We went downstairs and I made myself some coffee, when Taylor suddenly stepped out of his room, yelling at whoever it was on the other side of the phone, "No Melody, this is enough, I'm not some toy of yours". And he just left the house, without even sparing us a glance. Charlotte looked at me, "Trouble in paradise ?". I shrugged, "I honestly wish that they'd just break up. It's too much". Charlotte nodded in agreement.

          I was packing my lunch when the doorbell rang, indicating that Janise was here. I quickly put the lunch in my bag and left the house, making sure to lock it. We greeted Janise and got inside her car. I spotted Brenda in the backseat. "Umm... I'm sorry if I'm making anyone uncomfortable. It's just that my mom had to take my car and I couldn't call any of my previous friends, because.... you know", she said. Charlotte smiled at her, "It's fine, you're not making anyone uncomfortable". Brenda smiled back at her.

          "So what's your plan ? What are you going to do ?", Janise asked, excitement clear on her face. I blushed a little, " I'm going to walk up to him and tell him that I like him and if he's free. If he says yes, I'll ask him out". Janise squealed. "Whoa ! Wait a minute ! You're going to ask Jacob out today ?", Brenda asked. I nodded, feeling a little guilty because she had a crush on him. Seeing the look on my face, she smiled, "It's fine. I mean I'm not completely over the crush I had on him, but he doesn't like me, and so he's not my guy". I returned her smile. I sense a friendship brewing between us. Now I'm just hoping my plans go well.

********************************************************************************************

          "Hey Jacob". Jacob turned around and smiled at me. "Ummmmm...", I fumbled with my words. Jacob furrowed his eyebrows. "I like ice creams", I blurted out. The poor guy looked more confused, ''Well, okay...?", he said awkwardly. Scott raised an eyebrow at me. While Janise, Brenda and Charlotte were trying not to laugh. "Yeah. Okay", I said before walking away to my locker. My idiotic friends broke out in a laughter as soon as we reached my locker. "Oh my..... Oh my god ! That was fun", Charlotte said. "Yeah, we should've recorded it", Janise said.

          I groaned and pulled out my books. I'll try again. I'll do this today, that's for sure. I looked at my friends who were clutching their stomachs from laughing so hard. As soon as they saw my irritated face, they started laughing again. I rolled my eyes.

Idiots.

***************************************************************************************

           It's History class and I'm sitting next to Jacob. I've planned to wait for the whole class and then ask him out when only five minutes remain. That way, I can run if he refused. I looked at my watch, it was time, "Hey Jacob", I called out. "Yupp", he answered. I took a deep breath and spoke again, "Can I have a pen ?". He smiled, "Sure". Brenda slapped a hand on her forehead, and then winced from the impact. Scott choked on a laugh, Janise had filled him in. I looked down at my book. "Here", Jacob said, holding out a pen for me to take. "Thanks", I mumbled.

          The bell rang shortly after that. I returned Jacob's pen and stood up. "Are you okay ?", Jacob asked, giving me a suspicious glance. "Ye- yeah, I'm fine", I stuttered. He nodded, but didn't look convinced. We left the classroom. Janise quickly dragged me aside, which means she was waiting outside the door for me. "Did you ask him ?", she asked. I shook my head. She sighed, "Thought so. He texted me, asking me if you are okay, because you've been behaving weird around him", she let out a laugh.

          I made up my mind to ask him in lunch, which was next. The whole way to the cafeteria, I tried to slow down my heart beat and kept my fingers crossed. I entered the cafeteria with my heart still beating fast and my legs feeling wobbly. I walked towards our table. There were only two empty seats on the table. One beside Jacob and the other between Charlotte and Brenda. Charlotte invited Brenda over when no one offered her a seat.

          I sat down next to Jacob. Obviously. "Hey Jacob". Jacob turned to me again, the third time today. And just like every single time, my breath was knocked out of my body. Scott smiled mischievously, "What's it this time Lisa ?". I stuttered again, "Uhh... You.. Your sandwich looks pretty". Jacob looked confused, "Thanks, I guess". I heard chuckles around the table. I awkwardly smiled at Jacob, and he returned it with an amused look.
Fuck. Me.

************************************

The school was over. And I didn't confess. I felt like hell. Janise and Charlotte were standing beside me as I shoved my stuff in the locker. Brenda received a call from the cops, they had traced the IP address and had found out who did it. So that's good.

I groaned, "Why is it so difficult Jan ?".   Janise's gaze flickered behind me for a minute before returning to my face. "Why is it so fucking difficult ? All I have to do is tell him that I like him and ask him if he would go on a date with me, but instead, I'm telling him that I like ice cream and telling him that I need a pen. Fuck me", I finished. I felt frustrated with myself. Janise smiled, "You should turn around", saying that, she dragged Charlotte with her. And do what ?

I turned around and my heart stopped for a moment. I found Jacob standing there, his jaw dropped and both eyebrows raised. I gulped and gave out an awkward laugh, "Hey Jacob". I finally took a deep breath, closed my eyes and said, "Would you like to go out on a date with me ?". My voice was barely a whisper, but I knew he heard me. I opened one eye and looked at him. He looked like he was still in shock, he released a breath.

"Yeah, I'd - I'd love to. Oh my- you have no idea how much I have- I just", he stuttered out. I smiled, "I'll take that as a yes". Without warning, he hugged me tight, "Am I dreaming ?", he asked. I smiled as I wrapped my arms around him, "I'm thinking the same thing".
Yes ! I did it !
Finally !

************************************

Author's Note :

I was waiting for this for so long !
They're finally going on a date.

And I know this chapter is a little late, and I'm sorry for that. I had a little work, and I was lazy. Sorry (insert puppy face).

Anyway, if you like this chapter :

Vote.

Comment.

And if you're interested in reading my other books, follow me on Wattpad.

Love you ❤️