Chapter 24

"Lisa, wake up", Charlotte said. I threw a pillow at her face, she gasped. "Lisa, you have to get up, or we'll be late for school", she tried again. I opened one eye to look at her, "The school starts on Monday, Charlotte". She stared at me and blinked, "Today is Monday".
What ? How ? When ?
And most importantly, why ?

          It's been a whole week since Jacob visited me. In this week, I did everything in my power to improve my social life. I tried smiling in front of the mirror. I cringed at the beginning, but then it worked. I laughed at stupid jokes when I watched movies and stuff. Now I was ready for the first day of senior year. I wanted to make this day mine. Forget about Ryan, about Blake, about all my troubles. I took in a deep breath.

Let's do this.

************************************

I showered and did my usual routine. But instead of tying my hair in a ponytail, like I usually did, I let my hair fall over my shoulders. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I opened the door of my room. Picking up my bag on the way I went downstairs. I really wanted to wear makeup. But I didn't know how to. I'm gonna make Janise teach me.

"Hey Taylor", I greeted. He turned to look at me and froze. He stared at me for a minute before he ran towards me and hugged the life out of me. Stupid shit. "I love you so much Lisa", he whispered. He moved back and kissed my forehead, "I knew you can do it. Now let's get you to school". I could tell he was controlling his tears. I gently smiled at him.

************************************

As I walked into the school, I noticed people eyeing me, probably because of my hair. A few people complimented me. I was practically on cloud nine today. Especially after looking at Taylor's reaction. I took my time table and headed to my locker. After getting the things I needed, I noticed Janise standing at her locker. I jumped on her back and hugged her. "What the fuck you per-", her voice died in her throat as she turned around to find my smiling face.

She blinked once, twice, thrice, and then looked at Charlotte. "Is she high, or what ?", she asked Charlotte. Charlotte laughed and shook her head. Janise looked at me again, a wide grin spread on her face as she jumped on me. I laughed and hug her back.

She then took my hand and dragged me to somewhere, "Scott, where the fuck are you ?? Sccoottt". Scott suddenly appeared and put a hand on her mouth to stop her from yelling. After realizing what he had done, Scott's eyes widened, he awkwardly dropped his hand, a light pink color covering his cheeks. Janise pretended like she didn't notice, but her face betrayed her.
Cute.

Scott's eyes fell on my face and he squealed. Like literally, he squealed like a teenage girl. "Oh my god ! She's smiling. Did you and Jacob do the deed or something?", he asked. I rolled my eyes. Wait, where's Jacob ? I looked around while everyone was talking. No sign of him. I walked to my first class, which I had with Jacob and Scott.

I sat on a seat. The class was now full. But I didn't let anyone sit on the desk on my right side. Where the hell is he ?? The teacher arrived and greeted us. I pouted, but my pout turned into a smile when the door opened. Jacob apologized for being late. The teacher smiled at him, because you know, he was kind of a nerd . Jacob walked towards me with a smile. I smiled back at him. He sat down and quickly kissed my cheek. I choked on air when that happened.
Talk about embarrassing.

The teacher shot me a concerned look. I replied with a 'I'm good'. After a few minutes, I felt Jacob poke my hand. "I'm sorry, I was late". I nodded, "Thank you Jacob". He knew what I was thanking him for. With a smile on his face, he gently placed his hand over mine.

"THEY'RE GOING TO KISS. THEY'RE FINALLY GOING TO KISS", Scott yelled. The whole class, including the teacher, was now looking at us. Boys hooted at us, and girls awed. I slapped the back of Scott's head. The teacher cleared her throat awkwardly and gave Scott a warning.
Fucking idiot. He always ruins the moment !

Moment huh ?

Shut up !!

Aye aye captain !!

**********************************

It was now lunch. After the first class, everyone was talking about me and Jacob. Not that I mind. We were sitting and eating our lunch when I spotted Blake. He had bruises on his face. Anger rushed through my veins as I saw him laughing and smiling. I walked over to him. I tapped his shoulder, and when he turned around, I slapped him, hard.

I saw Jacob giving me a proud smile. But before I could do something else, the lunch lady, or whatever she is, stopped me. She told me to return to my seat. I shot a last glare towards Blake. His face was twisted in anger. I gave him the middle finger before walking back to my seat. Janise gave me a thumbs up. This is it. I love this.

************************************

Author's Note :

This was just a filler chapter, so forgive me if it was boring.

Who ships Janise and Scott ??

If you like the chapter,

Vote.
Comment.

And follow me on Wattpad to check out my other books.

Love you ❤️.