Chapter 23

Warning : This chapter contains mentions of sexual abuse.

************************************

           "You have to promise me that you won't run away from me", I said, I was feeling insecure. "I won't. I'll always be here", he reassured me. I took a deep breath," I was 8, Ryan, the oldest of us, was 13. I loved both my brothers. We did stupid and silly stuff together, just like any other siblings", I stopped to look at Jacob. He was slowly caressing the back of my hand, making me relax a little. "Then that day came. Ryan said he wanted to play a game. He took me to his bedroom, and- and told me to strip. I remember feeling uncomfortable. I told him that, but he told me that he was the older one and that I should listen to him. I -I stripped", my voice broke, and I tightly closed my eyes.

          "He didn't really do anything, until I turned 11. Then he started touching me. I tried resisting, but he was older and stronger than me", a tear escaped my eyes. Jacob was now holding my hand in a tight grip, his jaw was tense. He looked at me. I looked away, "I was thirteen when he actually did it. He- he raped me. It went on and on, he would always tell me what a freak I was. He would always tell me that I belonged to him . I started distancing myself from people. I thought everything was my fault. Some part of the me still thinks that it was my fault", I looked up again. Jacob's eyes were filled with unshed tears.

            "People started bullying me at school, because I didn't talk. One day I decided to tell Mom everything. So I did. And you want to know what she said ? She said I should stop spreading lies about him. She said that Ryan would never do that. I was shocked. Mom told Ryan that I confessed. Ryan was pissed", I closed my eyes remembering that day. I sighed before talking again, " That day, he took a knife and cut me". I slowly lifted my t-shirt and showed him the scar. Jacob traced the scar, tears falling down his cheeks. I then felt Jacob rubbing my back gently. I started talking again,"I started cutting myself. I thought I would always be stuck with him. But the torture ended. One day when Ryan was forcing himself on me, Taylor walked in. He pushed Ryan out of the room, and asked me about it. I had already lost hope after  telling Mom, so I didn't say anything. He asked me if this has happened before, I nodded. I remember whispering to him, ' help me '. And he did help me. He was planning to move into his own house after a couple of months. But he decided that he'll move right away, and that I'll move with him. The remaining days we were in the house, Taylor stayed by my side. We moved the same week. Ryan told me that I will never be safe and that he'll get me again", I started sobbing as I recalled that. Jacob immediately hugged me tight.
I am strong.
I can do this.

            I hugged him back. I couldn't speak anymore. So I didn't. I just cried. I smelt his cologne. He chuckled, "Did you just sniff me ?". I shook my head, "No asshole, I'm crying". We sat there in silence. He held me tight, letting me cry. He was running his hands through my hair. Just then, my phone rang. I looked at the screen to see Taylor's name flashing on the screen. I accepted the call. "Where the hell are you woman !?! You aren't home since afternoon !", Taylor yelled. I kept my phone a little away from my ear. Jacob smiled. "I'm fine Taylor. Stop shouting", I said. "I will when you're home. I want you here right now", he said. "I'll be there", I replied before ending the call.

            Jacob gently grabbed my hand, "Let's go". I got up and followed him. I had told Jacob everything, and it felt good.

************************************

           We had arrived home. And when we entered my house, a fuming Taylor glared at Jacob and asked, "Where the fuck did you take my sister ?". So Jacob made a stupid excuse about it. He told that mom was troubling me, and so I decided to run off, and that Jacob took me to the park to relax. Charlotte backed our excuse, so Taylor let us leave.

           We were now in my room. I was sitting with my legs crossed on the bed, Jacob was beside me. "Don't let him ruin your life Angel", Jacob whispered. I looked his way. He continued,"If you don't start living your life, you'd let him win. Do you want that ?". I shook my head. He placed his hands on my cheeks,"And don't you ever think that you don't deserve to be happy. You deserve everything in this world. Don't throw away your life for a lowlife like Ryan". I slowly nodded, processing his words.

            He smiled,"You can do this, now smile for me". I scoffed,"I can't just smile for nothing, that'll be creepy". He grinned, "Fine, I'll tell you a joke". I raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you call a three humped camel ?? Pregnant", he said. I rolled my eyes, "That wasn't funny, and you picked it up from an animated movie". He smiled at me, "Then why are you smiling ?". I froze, I was smiling. Why ? I don't know. Maybe it was because I felt good. Maybe it was because of the silly expression on Jacob's face. But this time, I didn't stop smiling. I grinned, he grinned back. And now we looked like two psychopaths grinning at each other.

************************************

Author's Note:

And that was it guys.

Am I the only one, or did people really cry while reading Lisa's past ??

Also, we're only hundred reads away from 1k. Thanks for the love guys.
If you liked the chapter,

Vote.
Comment.

And follow me on Wattpad to read my other books.

Love you ❤️