Chapter 27

We were in the cafeteria. I told everyone about the washroom incident. "Poor girl", Janise said, "I wish we could help her in some way". I sighed,"We've been judging her for so long. I feel really guilty", I admitted. "People make mistakes sometimes. It's fine. And she forgave you right?", Charlotte said. I nodded. "Is she planning to take any action ?", Jacob asked. "She said she will", I answered. Suddenly the whole cafeteria was silent. I turned around and spotted Brenda, who seemed frozen on the entrance of the cafeteria. 

           "Oh, look, the slut's here", a guy from somewhere yelled. The students in the cafeteria laughed, some passed sympathetic looks. "No one asked for your fucking opinion", Brenda shouted at him, making me crack a smile. "Look at the nerve she has. If I were you, I'd go die somewhere", a girl said, rolling her eyes. "Oh shut up, will you ?", Janise said, standing up, "Mind your own fucking business and let her live". I saw people rolling their eyes. "Didn't you see the video ?", another girl asked. Jacob sighed, "Guys, she's the victim here". A guy, I think Cody, snorted,"Victim? Yeah right. For all we know, she must have done it for attention. That's what girls like her do anyway".

           I groaned out loud, catching everyone's attention,"Really now asshole ? Let's say she did do it for attention, which she didn't, what the fuck is your problem ? Is her video somehow affecting you ? No right, so shut the fuck up. And whoever did this is going to be punished. we'll make sure of that. And one more thing, if I get to know that any of you shitheads have troubled her, the consequences won't be all sunshine and rainbows, got it ? Now stop wasting everyone's time and go get a life". With what happened, my mood for lunch was long gone. "Let's go outside. we'll pick up our things when lunch is over", Janise said. We nodded, and followed her out.

            I grabbed Brenda's arm and dragged her with us. As we reached outside, we plopped down on the grass. "Are you okay ?", Jacob asked. "Yeah. Thanks for standing up for me", she said. Charlotte gently smiled and placed her hand on Brenda's. "I'm fine. Does anyone have anything to eat ? I mean I'm really hungry", Brenda said. "We'll go back inside and get something. come with me you idiot.", Scott said, hitting Jacob on the back of his head. Jacob winced, " Why do you need me ?". Scott shrugged,"Just because". Jacob huffed but followed Scott anyway. 

            There was an awkward silence before Brenda broke it, "I'm sorry I did horrible things to you guys.  I was just so jealous". I awkwardly looked around. "Aren't you two together now ?", Brenda asked. I shook my head with a blush. She gave me a confused look,"Why not ?". Janise smirked, "Because they don't have the balls to ask each other out". I punched her arm and she winced. "Truth hurts babe", she said, rubbing her arm.

          Before anyone could say anything, Jacob and Scott returned. They gave Brenda the food and sat down. The chatter continued, while I was deep in thought. Can I ask Jacob out ? Should I ask him out ? Am I  ready ? Is he ready ? I stopped overthinking and decided something.

I'm going to ask Jacob out.

***************************************************************************************

            Janise spitted out the water in her mouth, "You're going to do what ?". I rolled my eyes, " I'm going to ask him out Jan". Charlotte looked confused, "Isn't that usually what guys do ?". I shrugged, "I like him and I want to go out with him. So I'll have to ask him out". Janise grinned, "Finally you'll be official". I smiled, "We don't know that yet Jan". I know Jacob likes me. I mean, I  would  be blind if I don't see it. But what if he thinks it's too soon ? What if he thinks we're rushing into things ? And where will I even set the date ? What will I wear ? Will we kiss ? Would I ask him to be my boyfriend at the end of the date ? 

           "I think the idea has finally sunk into her brain. Look at her, she looks like she's gonna piss herself", Janise said laughing. Charlotte joined in on her laughter. I groaned and hid my face in the cushion.

God ! Help  me !

********************************************************************************************

Author's Note :

Yay !! How do you think the date will go ? Or do you think Lisa will drop out of the idea ?

And BTW, WE REACHED 1K READS !!!!!!!!!  Thank you guys for reading my book and for voting and commenting on it. I love you guys so much.

Anyway, if you like the chapter,

Vote.

Comment.

And if you're interested in reading my other books, follow me on wattpad.

Love you