Chapter 8

I don't know what I expected to see when I entered Jacob's room, but it was definitely beautiful. One side of the wall had a bookshelf, it was ten times bigger than my bookshelf. I loved books, and looking at so many books at once excited me. I loved the smell of books and the feeling of soft pages on my fingers, it satisfied me in a weird kind of way.
Creep.

Really? Shut up !

          I touched the books looking at the title and description of every book. I liked one of the books, it was titled 'The Brave One'. (A/N: this book is actually on wattpad, go check it out.) "You can borrow it, if you want to read it", Jacob said, a small smile on his face. I nodded, "I'll take this". He smiled. "So let's start with maths-", he started and I interrupted with a groan. "I hate maths", I said. He chuckled, "You've mentioned that before, Angel".

************************************

          "You're having dinner at my house", Jacob said. "No thanks", I replied. He smirked, "I wasn't asking honey, I was informing you". The word honey did weird things to me.
Seriously Lisa !?! Snap the fuck our of it !!

          As soon as we reached the living room, I heard two voices talking, rather arguing. One voice was definitely Jacob's mom. But I didn't know the second. "Go away John, stop making us suffer. We have done nothing wrong, and Jacob doesn't deserve this. Just... just leave", Mrs. Andrews yelled. Jacob's eyes darkened. His whole body became tense. It was almost as if he was scared. I heard a man's voice, yelling all kinds of expletives. The sound of glass breaking filled the house. I shot a concerned look, but he wasn't looking at me. He had closed his eyes, his face frozen in an expression of pain.  He caught my wrist and pulled me outside.

          As we sat in his car his smile returned. "I'll take you out for dinner", he said. "Can I ask you something ?", I asked. He smiled,"You already did". I glared at him, he  chuckled, "I know you have questions about what happened, and I'll answer those when the time is right, okay ?". I nodded, still thinking. Is it possible that the Jacob who's always smiling has something to hide ? I've always seen Jacob as one of the lucky kids. He had loving parents, good friends and everything that was needed to lead a normal life. But is it possible that Jacob has a secret of his own? Something he's hiding from everyone?

          We had entered a small restaurant at the corner of he street. There weren't much people here. We sat down on a vacant table, we ordered our food and as we were waiting, I felt someone's gaze on me. I looked at Jacob, "What ?". He smiled, "Nothing".  I rolled my eyes. Though I should feel irritated, I didn't.

What the fuck is this guy doing to me ?

************************************

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter and late update 😅😅

Hope you like it !!!!!
Comment
Vote