Chapter 16.

We were sitting in the cafeteria for lunch. "So anyone up for the Valentine's day party ?", Blake asked. "Yup, I need to have a girl tonight , I've not had sex, since like... a decade", Scott replied. Jacob rolled his eyes.
         I was eating the slice of bread when Jacob started speaking, "Hey, check this out". He handed me a paper. I took it from his hands, it said something about a singing contest being held at our school. "What am I supposed to do with this ??", I asked while chewing my food. He gave me an encouraging smile,"I saw the trophies in your room". "So ?", I asked nonchalantly. "So, you should try", he said. I rolled my eyes, "Those were decades ago Jacob. I don't sing now". Janise frowned, "C'mon, your voice is awesome, just give it a try". I shook my head. Jacob sighed, "Okay, if you participate in this competition, I'll give you chocolate treats for a week and we can skip math lessons". I raised an eyebrow, and grumbled out a fine.
Anything for chocolates.

           "Cool, let's register your name, the auditions are tomorrow", I nodded and followed him outside.

************************************

          "Hey", Taylor greeted us as we entered the house. Charlotte smiled shyly.
They're cute.
"Baby, let's go", said Melody, appearing from Taylor's bedroom. Why was she here again ? Oh right, Valentine's day. Charlotte's smile flickered. "Who's this ?", She asked, pointing at Charlotte. "None of your business", I said. Melody frowned at me and left the house, Taylor trailing behind her.

         My phone pinged.
Scott- Be ready with lots and lots of food. We're coming.

I went to the kitchen and started making popcorn, looks like we're having friends over.

************************************

          As soon as I opened the door, Scott leaped on me like a tiger. "Hey, mean girl", he grinned. I grumbled, "Get the fuck off me you dipshit". He grinned wider, "Oh my God, is that food I smell?? I have to go". I looked at my clothes, I was still wearing the jeans I wore to school. I sighed and went to my room to change.

          I walked up to my room. I picked up some shorts and one of my comfy t-shirts. As I was pulling my t-shirt over my head, the door opened, causing me to stop. Jacob stood there, his eyes as wide as saucers and mouth hung open. My eyes widened. What the fuck is he doing in my room ? He immediately closed the door. I'm sure I'm looking like a tomato right now. I don't know what's happening. It's like I want to get away from him, but I can't. Every single time I'm about to meet him, I warn myself to not talk much. To stay the fuck away from him. But as soon as I actually see him, my body refuses to co-operate with my brain. I quickly wore the T-shirt and left the room.

     Jacob was standing outside, "I'm sorry", he said as soon as I got out. Though his smirking face indicated that he wasn't sorry. At all. I huffed and started walking downstairs. "Fuck off", I grumbled, while he laughed.
That asshole.
A kissable and hot asshole.
Seriously ? Shut up.

************************************

            "I thought you were going to the party", I said. We had watched 3 movies and finished all the food. I was feeling sleepy. "Yeah, I was, but then Jacob wanted to spend time with you today. So I was sacrificed sex for my beloved friend", Scott said smirking. Charlotte laughed while Jacob turned a bit pink. I hid my face in the pillow. These idiots are not making it better, at all.

           "Okay, let's watch one more movie and then we sleep", Scott said, while Charlotte nodded. I positioned myself in a sitting position, Jacob was sitting beside me. I felt his gaze on me, but didn't complain. And as the movie progressed, I felt sleep consuming me. Just when I was almost asleep, I saw Jacob hovering above me. "Happy Valentine's day Angel", he wished before placing a kiss on my nose. That was the last thing I remember. Even though, I was half asleep, I felt happy. I felt that this is how my life is meant to be. But I couldn't admit it to myself. I was afraid. Afraid that I'm not enough for him, that I didn't deserve a guy like him. With those thoughts swimming in my brain, I fell asleep.

************************************

Author's Note:

Supp !?

Sorry for the late update.  (Let's just pretend I'm saying this for the first time).

Vote.
Comment.