Chapter 12

Warning: This chapter may contain mentions of abuse.

          The tears didn't stop, I was trying to control myself, but it just doesn't happen. My sobs are loud, and I'm sure anyone out here can hear me.
Attention whore.
The words keep playing in my head. I'm tired of everything. I just want to go  away from here, away from everything, everyone.

          Suddenly two hands encircled around my waist, and I immediately panicked. "Angel it's just me, don't cry, it's breaking me to see you like this", he whispered. But of course, when someone tells you not to cry, you cry louder, I did exactly that.
Yeah, I know, I'm a Rebel.

         I cried and cried, he never said anything like 'it's okay' and I was thankful for that. I don't think I can handle anymore lies. Instead, he said that 'we'll make everything better together'. He traced circles on my back, I buried my head in his chest, hugging him back. After what felt like forever, I stopped crying. I sniffed, "How did you find me here ??". He looked at me, and for some reason he had tears in his eyes,"You weren't there inside, so I asked if anyone saw you, and a girl told me that she saw you running out of the house. I was gonna go check your house, but I heard crying noises, so yeah....". We sat there in comfortable silence, honestly anything with him is comfortable.

Say what ???

Do you have to pop up all the time ?

Ahh, yes !!

I was about to slap myself to stop that bitch from talking when Jacob broke the silence, "What happened to your face ?!?", He asked concerned. Thank God he interrupted me, I mean how would have he felt, if I suddenly slapped myself. I turned towards him to see him looking at me with a confused face. Wait what was he talking about ?? Oh yeah, my face, what happened to my face ?? Then I remembered that my mother slapped me, it must have left a bruise.

          "Angel, you there ??", Jacob asked. I turned towards him,"My mother slapped me". Usually I would've said something like 'none of your business', but I trusted him. I might be wrong, but I feel like he won't let my secrets out. He sighed,"Can I tell you something, something really serious ??". I motioned for him to continue. "My dad, he's not what people think he is", he started, and turned towards me to see my reaction. " I know", I muttered, "How ??", He asked. I shrugged,"Gut feelings".

           He nodded and continued,"I had a sister, I loved her more than the world. My dad he abuses us. He used to hit me too, but my sister got worse, because she always tried to save me from the beatings. My Mom tried to stop him too, but he always beat her unconscious. One day Mom was out, he came home furious. Started yelling profanities at me and my sister. That was the day I tried to stand up for myself, but he got angry, and beat me up to the point I was almost unconscious, that is when my sister interfered, he left me there and went after her, he slammed her head on the table.", He stopped to take a deep breath. Saying that I was shocked would be an understatement, I always thought that he had a good life. Hearing him say those words, seeing him crying, it was like a punch to the gut. I regret treating him like shit. I hugged him tightly, as if to show him, that I'm here, that I'm listening.

         "She died that day. He threatened me and my Mom, everyone thought it was an accident, but he killed her", he cried and cried, and with every sob, I could feel my heart breaking.
Why do I care ?!?
I didn't know. I just knew that I did. He slightly pulled away from me, his face hardly inches away from mine. "We'll make it better", I quoted him, wiping his tears. He gave me a sad smile, and leaned in. For a moment I thought he was gonna kiss me, but he just leaned his forehead against mine. Our noses were touching. His arms were still around me. I didn't pull away, I didn't want to. I felt comfortable, loved. He closed his eyes, and I closed mine. We just sat there, without talking or doing anything. It felt peaceful. I felt like I had someone to support me. I liked it. I liked the fact that we were here. I liked the fact that we were having our moment.

          Jacob slowly pulled away from me, and I almost pulled him back towards me, but luckily, I controlled my urge. He smiled at me and helped me up.We walked inside. When we finally found Taylor, but not before running into a couple making out, and guess who the girl was, Melody. No surprise there. Taylor knows she's cheating on him, he admitted it to me. But according to him, he loves her. I think that he is a fucking idiot.

         We finally found Taylor, and the first question he asked was : "What the hell happened to your face??", He glanced at Jacob, and raised an eyebrow. Before he assumes something, I told him what really happened. He sighed, "I shouldn't have left you alone". I assured him that I was okay. Jacob took me to his room, to avoid any questions about my face. I looked at the mirror, it did look bad. I think the ring on her fingers left marks. He gave me a chocolate pastry, I raised an eyebrow. "They bought pineapple cake and I know you like chocolate, so I bought it for you", he explained. I took it from him, but of course my face decided to betray me and turn red.

           We were leaving, when I told him that he didn't come to tutor me today. "Did you miss me, Angel", he asked with a smile. I bit my lip,"Maybe". He laughed,"Don't worry, I missed you too".

         The ride home was filled with awkward silence, Taylor, me and Melody were in Taylor's car. And Mom and dad decided they're gonna stay for sometime.

Fuck my life.

************************************

Author's Note :

Oh my god !!!!! Did that really happen !! Did I update two chapters back to back. Yes I did, so I hope you enjoyed.

Comment below your thoughts.
And don't forget to vote.