Chapter 33

It was lunch, and I had made up my mind. I'll tell dad everything . I was scared, but I had to do it. I was walking to the cafeteria, when I saw Jacob. He grinned at me. I was still lost in my thoughts, but I managed to give him a small smile. Jacob gave me a confused look, "What's wrong ?". I opened my mouth to sat no, but nothing came out. I felt my heart beating faster. I took a deep breath, but it didn't work. My vision was blurry, my heart was beating like crazy, and I couldn't breathe. I felt hands dragging me somewhere. I could feel myself crying. I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I tried to breathe normally, but it was difficult, something was wrong.

          After what felt like hours, my breathing slowed down. I could see properly, I looked around, I was in an empty classroom. Jacob was hugging me tight. I slowly pulled away from him. He looked at me, as if to make sure if I was okay. He then started looking through his bag for something. He finally pulled out a pack of chocolate. He held it towards me, "Here. Eat this". I took the chocolate from him. "What just happened ?", I asked. "You were having a panic attack ", he answered. "How do you know that ?", I asked. "Mom usually has them, she eats dark chocolate after they're done", he said. I nodded slowly, moving my eyes to the chocolate in my hand. "What happened ?", I heard Jacob asking. I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean ?", I asked. "Something usually triggers the panic attack, what happened ?", he asked. I bit my lip nervously, "I'm thinking of telling dad everything".

          He nodded, "So that's what you've been thinking all day ?". I nodded. "Don't stress yourself. I'm sure it'll be okay", he said, holding my hand. I gave him a smile, "I hope so". He looked into my eyes, "We will always be with you", he said. "I know", I replied.

*****************************************************************

          I was looking at my phone as my heart refused to slow down. I was having second thoughts. Taylor sat on the couch, beside me. I told him about my decision, and although he was nervous, he supported me. I took a deep breath before picking up my phone and calling my dad. After four rings, he answered the phone. "Hello Lis", his cheerful voice greeted me. I opened my mouth, but no words came out of it. "Lisa ?", I heard his voice from the other side. I sighed, "Dad". "Is something wrong ?", he asked. "Dad, can you come over today ? Alone ?", I asked. "Yeah, sure. Is everything alright ?", he asked. I looked at Taylor, "Yeah dad, just..... just come over", he said. "Alright, see you later then, bye", dad said. "Bye dad", I mumbled.

          Taylor looked at me, "Do you want me to be here when you tell him ?". I nodded, "I'll need some support". He smiled at me, "I'm here".

******************************************************************

          I've been thinking about what to say. I can't come up with anything. I have no idea how I'm going to talk to my dad about it. His shift has already ended, he's probably on his way. I'm sweating just thinking about it. I look at myself in the mirror, "You can do this Lisa", I said to myself. I heard my phone ring. I looked at it to find Jacob's name flashing on the screen. "Hey", I answered the call. "Are you okay ?", he asked. "Yeah, just uh.. nervous", I said. "I'm here if you need me, alright ? I'm just one call away", he said.

        Before I could answer him, I heard the doorbell ring. My heartbeat sped up. "Dad'd here. I'll call you later ?", I asked. "Yeah. Take care", he said. "You too", I said before throwing my phone on my bed and exiting my room. With each step I took, my heart was going more and more crazy. I took a deep breath and prepared myself. I had to do this. If I don't, Ryan could do this to someone else. With that in mind, I made my way downstairs.

          My dad was sitting on the dinning table. Charlotte was talking to my dad while Taylor was nervously fiddling with his fingers. I walked towards them and sat beside him.  "Hey Lis. How are you doing ?", Dad asked, there was a hint of concern in his eyes. "Dad, we want to tell you something", Taylor said. "Go on", dad said. "I'll leave", Charlotte said. "It's fine. You..... you can stay", I said. I knew that I was going to take legal action against Ryan. She'll find out eventually. Charlotte awkwardly took a seat opposite Taylor. 

          "Lis, what's the matter ? You're scaring me", Dad said. I gulped before speaking, "Dad, I ... I was abused, sexually abused", I closed my eyes. Dad's face was drained of any colour. I continued, "I was raped by..... by Ryan for eight years. I w-was abused by him", tears rolled down my cheeks. I refused to open my eyes. I felt a hand on mine. I looked at Taylor, and he nodded at me. I moved my eyes to my dad. His face was ghastly pale. He was simply staring at me. I saw his eyes tear up. He reached for the glass of water and took a sip from it. "Dad ?", I asked, my voice almost inaudible. I wanted him to talk. I hated the silence.  He slowly got up from the chair, took his jacket laying on the table. He walked towards the door, stumbling on his feet. A sob escaped my lips as I saw my dad open the door and leave.

***********************************************************************************

Author's Note :

Thanks for waiting. Yes, my laptop is working again and I will try to update regularly.

Anyway, If you like the chapter,

Vote.

Comment.

Lots of love.