Chapter 31

"So the girl did it because she was jealous of you ?", I asked. I was on a video call with Janise and Brenda, while Charlotte was right beside me. Apparently, a junior, Leah Booth, was jealous of Brenda, because Brenda 'got all the attention ', and so she decided to defame her. "So did you press charges ?", Janise asked her. "No. Mom said it would ruin her life, so we just decided to give her a 'warning' ", she said, adding air quotations around 'warning'. Charlotte frowned, "Are you really okay Brenda ?". She offered us a smile, a clearly sad one, "I think I am. The bullying sometimes get to me, but I'm okay". Janise slightly smiled, "It's just one year now, we'll be out of high school soon. Then you can go to college". Brenda sighed, "Yeah, I can". I smiled at her, "Until then, we're here for you. You're a part of our squad now". Brenda chuckled. After a few minutes, we ended the call. I turned towards Charlotte, "How are things with your parents ?", I asked her. She frowned, "Not really good. Mom calls me sometimes, but dad still refuses to talk to me", she said. I gave a little squeeze to her hand, "It's okay. I'm sure you'll find a way". She smiled my way.  

            It's been a while since Jacob and I started dating. It's all good between us. Yes, we do fight over stupid things, but we never take it seriously. As for Scott and Janise, Scott still likes Janise. And Janise blushes when he flirts with her, so I think It's going good for them. Janise just needs to admit it to herself. Brenda is now a part of my little group. Some people still bully her, but she handles it like a boss. I look at my phone before going to bed. And like always, there's a text from Jacob. 

Jacob - Goodnight Angel. Love you. :)

I smile as I write my reply.

Me - Goodnight Jacob. Love you too !

*******************************************************************************************

         "Hey Scott ! Have you seen Jacob ?", I asked, catching up with him. He frowns, "No, I'm searching for him too". As you might have guessed, Jacob wasn't at school today. Usually, him and Scott would wait for us, but today he wasn't there today. I checked near his locker, but he wasn't there. For some reason, I was really worried. Janise realized this, "Hey, calm down. Maybe he just isn't feeling well and decided to skip school". I sighed, "Yeah. Maybe". But I couldn't shake off the bad feeling I got in my gut. It felt like something bad was about to happen.

*******************************************************************************************

          It was now time for our second class. Jacob still wasn't here. We tried texting him, but he didn't text back or call back. I was getting more worried every passing second. I decided to check near his locker one more time. And when I did, I found him. There he was, casually taking books out of his locker. "Jacob", I called out. Jacob smiled towards me, while other students gave me irritated looks. I looked at Jacob's face as I neared him, and my worries skyrocketed. There, on his cheek, was a huge bruise. 

          "Hey Angel", he said. "What the fuck happened to your face ?", I asked him, while inspecting the bruise. "I fell", he said, his eyes growing darker. I looked back at his eyes, "Bullshit ! That isn't a bruise you get when you fall. Is it your dad ?". He sighed, "I'm fine. It's really nothing", he said, before turning to his locker. I took a deep breath, trying to control my anger, "Really ? You get me worried about you, then you don't answer our texts or calls, and then you lie to me ? Are you serious ?!". Jacob slammed his locker shut, "Just let it go Lisa ! It's none of your business", he said, lashing out. "It is my business ! What the fuck happened ? Do you need help", I asked. He just shook his head at me. "Leave me alone, will you ?", he said before walking away. And I stood there, trying to control my tears.

********************************************************************************************

           "That was really rude of him", Charlotte said. "He's been acting weird today", Scott said, frowning. We were in the cafeteria. I was still angry at Jacob, and some part of me is still concerned about him. That's when Jacob entered the cafeteria with his perfect smile and sat beside Scott. The table was now filled with awkward silence. Jacob glanced at me, but noticed my glare and returned his gaze to the food he bought. Brenda made an attempted to start a conversation, but failed.

          Just then the speakers cracked, and then the principal's voice was heard, "Mr. Jacob Andrews, you're requested to come to the principal's office. I repeat, Mr. Jacob Andrews, you're requested to come to the principal's office. Thank you". Everyone's eyes were now glued to Jacob, who looked confused. He mumbled a 'see you later' before leaving the cafeteria. "Why would Mr. Kirk call Jacob ? I mean he's the golden boy", Janise said. My anxiety only grew when I heard the announcement.

What is happening ?

******************************************************************************************

           The school has ended, and no one has spotted Jacob after lunch. My mind was running wild with thoughts, and all I could do was hope that they weren't true. I tried texting him several times. I was still angry at him, but my concern for him won. My heart was beating at a faster pace and I had no idea what to do. Janise looked at me and back at Charlotte, both had worried looks on their faces. After a fifteen minute ride, we were home. I made myself some coffe and tried to distract myself by watching YouTube. It did not work.  I kept glancing at my phone for any texts from Jacob. I felt like I was going crazy. I decided to call him one more time. The call went straight to voicemail. I sighed, "Jacob, please call back. I'm really worried about you. Please, I just want to know if you're okay", I said. 

Please be safe. 

******************************************************************************************

          It was night now, and I was more angry than ever. I was getting ready for bed, but I knew I wouldn't be sleeping today. Taylor had shooted worried glances my way at dinner. As I was thinking about ways to kill Jacob, I heard Taylor yelling, " Lis, Jacob's here". I stopped doing whatever I was doing, I couldn't even pay attention. For a moment, I wanted to ask him if he was alright, I wanted to hug the life out of him. But I controlled myself, "Tell him to go away", I yelled back. Charlotte looked at me, then at the door, "A little too late for that", she whispered. I looked at the door, where Jacob was standing with a guilty look on his face. "I'll be downstairs", Charlotte mumbled, before leaving the room.

          I stared blankly at Jacob. He awkwardly smiled, "Uhh.. Hey ?", he said, it sounded more like a question. I rolled my eyes. He sighed, "I know I was being a b-word today". I raised my eyebrows, "B-word ? Really ?". He smiled, "I'm really sorry Angel, I didn't mean to snap at you like that". I sat down on my bed, and patted the spot beside me. He entered the room and sat there. "I have a sensible reason, and I promise I'll tell you everything", he said. "Oh no need to tell me anything, it's none of my business after all", I said, the anger clear in my voice. "Please don't be mad at me", he said, "I know that was unexpected. I'm really sorry". I looked him in the eyes, "Are you fine ?". He nodded, a little smile on his face. I sighed, "So, tell me, what the actual fuck happened today ?".

**********************************************************************************************

Author's Note :

Hey guys !!

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.I'll try to update the next chapter tomorrow, or the day after that.

What do you think is happening ?

If you like the chapter, don't forget to 

Vote,

Comment.

Love you.