Chapter 43

Jacob's POV :

          "You should probably go home now", I looked up to see Taylor. "I'm fine", I sighed. Charlotte placed her hand on my shoulder, "She's gonna be okay", she said. I gave her a smile, "I know". I texted mom the details. The doctors said it wasn't a serious injury. The stab wounds weren't anywhere that would feel fatal. He wasn't trying to kill her, that's what he said. He came to 'take her away somewhere they could be happy'. But because she began fighting he hurting her as 'punishment'. Hate filled my heart when I heard this. He had plunged the knife into her shoulder, and then her bicep. To say I'm scared, would be an understatement. I love Lisa, I always have. When I heard what had happened, I was left petrified. It was only when I reached the hospital when I found out the whole story.

          I remember when I saw Lisa for the first time, she was reading a book. Being the extroverted child I was, I wanted her to be my friend. When I had approached her, she had given me a dazzling smile. Maybe that's when I started forming my little crush. I started liking her more when we began talking. Then she had shut down. I didn't know why back then, but I still tried talking to her. I heard someone call her 'The ice queen' once. I had laughed when I heard that. It was stupid, because I knew she wasn't the cold exterior she was putting on. I saw the happiness in her beautiful eyes whenever she talked about something she loved.

           And when we had bumped into each other that day, I decided to take my chance. "What's the worst that could happen ?", I had asked myself, "Even if she doesn't like me back, I'd at least have her as my friend. I felt like the luckiest person in the world when she asked me out. I was on top of the world. I was proud of her when she took a step against Ryan. And when we kissed, it felt euphoric. Lisa is an awesome person. She's brave, she's alluring, she's strong, she's flawless, and she's my girlfriend, my angel.  I let a smile take over my face as I thought about her. She's a fighter, and she will survive this, just like she survived everything.

          Taylor had managed to hold Ryan down until the cops showed up. Meanwhile, Charlotte applied pressure on Lisa's wounds to prevent blood loss. Even though it was in a hysteria, it worked. She didn't lose much blood. She's been in surgery since what seems like hours, but is actually fifteen minutes. Mr. Maiden had told me that the doctors are going to stitch the wounds, and that it's gonna take at least an hour. Though he sounded like he was calm, it was obvious that he was concerned too. I closed my eyes.

Please let her be okay.

*************************************************************

          Everyone was crying. I don't know how this happened. Didn't they say she was okay ? I felt the realization set in. I wanted to punch the doctor. I wanted to kill Ryan. But all I could do was stare, dumbfounded. Laying on the hospital was the lifeless body of my girlfriend. I tried to move, do something, but I was paralyzed. Her eyes they were now cold and dull. They didn't have the twinkle  I loved so much. I heard a sob, it took me a while to realize that it came from me. I heard a whisper, "Jacob" . I continued sobbing, holding onto Lisa's cold hand. The voice got louder and louder. I ignored it. I felt someone lightly shaking my shoulder, "Jacob ?".

          I let out a startled gasp. My heart was pounding. I blinked to clear my vision. "You fell asleep", Charlotte said, handing me a little glass, "It's coffee", she said, noticing that I was looking at it. I rubbed my eyes, and took the cup, "Thanks". It was just a stupid nightmare. I thought to myself. Just a nightmare. Lisa's fine. I checked the time on my watch, 4 am. Charlotte smiled at me, "The surgery was successful. The doctor said it will take a few hours for the anesthesia to lose it's effect". I sighed in relief. See! she's fine. I groaned, my back was hurting because of the awkward position I had slept in. "Why didn't you wake me up ?", I groggily asked. "Mr. Maiden told me not to. You needed rest", she said. "Is someone with her ?", I asked. "Yes, Taylor is with her", she said.

          I saw Mr. Maiden"s big frame walking towards us. "Go home kids. I'll stay with her. You can freshen up and come back. Charlotte, take Taylor with you", he said. "But-", I started, but he interrupted me. "Go home kid. You look tired and ugly, you don't want your girlfriend to look at you when you look like that", he said, smiling. He looked tired. I found him to be intimidating when I first saw him. But he was nothing but nice to me. I returned his smile. As I drove home, all I could think about was her. I just wanted her to be by my side.

*****************************************************************

Author's Note :

Hey guys !

I still don't have my laptop, so I don't know when I'm going to update next. I had to borrow my friend's laptop. She's a sweetheart.

If you like this chapter, don't forget to vote.

Leave you reviews down in the comments.

Love you  ❤️