Chapter 13

Warning: This chapter may contain mentions of abuse and violence. I will put notes at the beginning and the end of the scene.   

***********************************

          "Lisa, wake up", a voice tried to wake me up in the morning, keyword being tried. I kicked aimlessly, hoping to hit the person. I heard a giggle,"Jacob's on his way, if you don't wake up, you would look like a mess". I shot up at that. What a threat. I saw Charlotte smile at me, but her smile turned into a frown, when she looked at my face. Okay ? I don't look that ugly, right ? I raised an eyebrow. She continued frowning,"What happened to your face ??". I shot her a confused look. But when I felt the pain, last night's events came into my mind. I almost forgot about the slap. Now I was wondering, should I be honest, or not ?? I decided to tell her the truth, I mean she is living with us, she must know how fucked up we are.

           "Mom slapped me", I replied. She winced, and inspected my cheek, I flinched when her hand came in contact with my cheek. "She must be wearing a ring, there's a cut there", she said frowning. "Do you want to stay here ?? I'll bring you breakfast.", She questioned. I shook my head, staying here would mean showing her that I can't face her, I don't want her to know that she affects me in any way.

          I got up and went to shower, the warm water was making me relax. I couldn't help but replay yesterday's events in my mind. I knew that something was changing between me and Jacob. I knew that we came closer, emotionally. I did my routine, and changed into some sweatshirt and pajama pants. I followed the aroma of food, and reached the kitchen. I took my sandwich and sat down on the couch. Charlotte followed me with a little blush on her face. I raised an eyebrow and turned around, Taylor was staring at her.

So my brother and friend are crushing on each other.

              I ate my sandwich and went to the kitchen to grab some coffee, and I found that Taylor was still staring at Charlotte, as if someone had put a spell on him. I took my mug and took a sip of my coffee, with a slurping sound, hoping to break his staring contest. When he ignored me, I slapped the back of his head, he looked at me with a questioning face. "Quit being a creep, you're gonna scare her away", I said with a smirk. He blushed a little before sticking his tongue out at me. I rolled my eyes.
How mature of him.

          "Good morning babies, good morning honey", here goes my good morning. Taylor gave her an angry look, while dad nodded, acknowledging her. I rolled my eyes and sipped my coffee, ignoring her. Her eyes fell on Charlotte. "Are you here to meet someone ??", she asked her. Charlotte fidgeted uncomfortably in her seat. Taylor replied for her,"She's Lisa's friend". My mother didn't leave the subject there,"What are you doing here ??". This time Charlotte replied stuttering, "I -I stay he- here". Mom raised her eyebrows,"Why ??". I rolled my eyes, "None of your business. This is Taylor's house. If he's allowing her to stay, you shouldn't have a problem". She was about to reply, when the doorbell rang, I practically ran to open the door, mainly because I knew who was standing on the other side.

          I opened the door to be greeted by a smiling Jacob. I stopped myself from going all heart-eyed over him. He stepped inside and greeted everyone, and gave me a confused look when greeting Charlotte. "So Jacob, why are you here ?? Did Lisa do something wrong ?", My Mom interrupted whatever he was going to say.  He turned to see my Mom, who had a smile as real as fairies. "No, Mrs. Maiden, I'm tutoring Angel", he replied politely. My Mom seemed to be pretty shocked by the nickname given to me.
Jacob took my hand and dragged me to my room. I felt a blush creeping onto my face.

Don't be a Fangirl Lisa, you're better than this.

But he's so hot.

Can you agree with me for once !?!

Nuh uhh, not happening.

************************************

          Jacob finished tutoring me, and now I'm sleepy. After we finished, I told him about Charlotte. He was about to leave when mom requested him to have lunch. I groaned. I knew for a fact that she wasn't going to treat him like my friend. I knew she probably wants to embarrass me. It's been like that since I had talked to her about Ryan.  And that's how we ended up on a table besides each other. I was eating my pasta, when he held my hand. And no, he didn't do it below the table, no, he did it above the table, in front of everyone. I almost choked on my food. After gulping some water and calming myself down, I looked at the people on the table. Charlotte was smiling to herself, while Mom was glaring at our hands.

          "So, Jacob, What are you doing with my daughter ? Let's face it, she's not that beautiful. Are you going to hurt her ?", she asked, faking concern. I rolled my eyes, she was trying to seem concerned. Anyone with a brain could tell she was trying to taunt me. Jacob smiled at me, and then replied, "Mrs. Maiden, for me, your daughter is the most beautiful person I've ever laid my eyes on. She's just amazing". My breath was stuck in my throat, he called me beautiful.

Really Lisa ?? That's what you noticed in the whole argument.

I am gonna sew your mouth shut.

Geez woman !! Fine, I won't talk !!

          Jacob pulled my hand and dragged me outside. He looked at me, and whispered, "Whatever she said, wasn't true. You're beautiful, and I meant every word I said". His words made me feel warm, loved. He kissed me on the forehead, I closed my eyes enjoying every contact I can have with him. He pulled away an smile, "I'll see you tomorrow". I nodded, I didn't trust myself with words, not right now. He went to his car and drove away after a last wave. I entered my house looking like a tomato. My Mom ignored me as I went to my room, while Charlotte gave me a knowing smile.

That boy will be the death of me .

************************************

(A/N: The scene begins here.)

             "Why did you tell Mom ?", He asked anger evident in his eyes, he was scaring me. "I -I'm sorry", I timidly spoke. He took the knife and slightly slid it across my stomach, I screamed, but he didn't listen. According to him, this was my punishment, for telling Mom the truth. I kept screaming. "You look so beautiful when you're in pain Lisa", I heard his voice. I don't know what hurt more. The physical pain, or the words mom had told me. She told Ryan everything. "Let's clean up the blood", he said, "I don't have time. Mom will be home soon". He cleaned the blood up. I just sat there, a crying mess. I couldn't move. Not because of the pain, but because of the fear. I didn't want him to hurt me.

          I would never tell anyone again, what's the point, they won't believe me, just like Mom. He grabbed my face. "You do something like that next time, and I'll kill you", He whispered. "I-", my attempt to talk was silenced by the finger he placed on my lips. "This is not the time to talk Lisa. I told you, mom will be here soon", his eyes darkened. He moved uncomfortably closer to me, again. I tried to push him away, but it didn't work, it never works.
"Stop", I whispered, but I was sure that he didn't even hear it.

(A/N: You can read now.)

"Lisa, hey, wake up, it's just a nightmare", I woke up to a concerned looking Charlotte, I hugged her. "It's okay. You're safe here", she whispered. I'm glad she didn't ask me anything, she just gave me a sad smile and moved to her side of the bed. I looked at the clock, it was 4:30. I tried sleeping, and gradually fell into darkness after shedding some tears. But my last thought wasn't about Ryan, shockingly, it was about Jacob.

What the fuck is wrong with me ??

Nothing, I mean he's gorgeous, I don't blame you.

Not again, just shut up !!

************************************

Author's Note :

Hey guys !! I'm trying to update everyday, but I hope you forgive me if that doesn't happen.

Hope you like it !!
Vote
Comment