Chapter 42

Author's Note :
Hey! I'm sorry I haven't been updating. I know I've said this before, but college is just hectic and to top that off, my laptop stopped working again. So I had to type this one paragraph a day so that I won't hurt my thumb again. Anyways, sorry again and I'll shut up !

Recap :

          "What is it ?", I asked. "Nothing", he said, trying to crumple the note. I snatched the note from his hands. He did manage to take the note away, but I had already read its contents. The words were written clearly and neatly. If you didn't actually read the note, you'd think it was a compliment. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I glanced at the note, now in Jacob's hand, again.

"I'm watching her, and it wouldn't be long before I have her"

*********************************

          "Should I report it ?", Charlotte asked, eyeing the note with disgust. "No", I said, "It's just a prank. The security has been increased now, remember ?". It was true, after the guys managed to get past the guard, to the parking lot, the management made sure to tighten the security to make sure that no student is under danger. "I don't see this being funny, this is disturbing", Jacob said, anger flashing in his eyes. "Exactly !", Charlotte said, running a hand through her hair. We were left in silence. I cleared my throat, "Let's go". Jacob nodded. I walked ahead of them. Though I had reassured them about the note, I couldn't help but feel a tinge of fear.

What if it wasn't a prank ?

No. No, Lisa. Be positive.

         My body didn't cooperate with my brain and I felt myself going breathless. I could hear my blood pumping in my ears. I tried taking deep breaths, when that didn't work, I tried another method my therapist had recommended, listening to the noise around me, shutting my eyes closed. It seemed to work, as I slowly calmed down. "Hey, you okay ?", I heard Jacob's voice. I opened my eyes to see two concerned faces staring at me. "You just froze for like....5 whole minutes", Charlotte said. "Yeah......yeah. I'm good", I stumbled out. "Lisa, we're here for you alright ? Nothing is going to happen to you", Jacob said. Giving me a side hug. A small smile caressed my lips, "Yeah. I know".

************************************

          "We're here", Jacob said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I nodded at him. Charlotte walked ahead of me to open the door. "Hey", I turned around to find Jacob getting out of his car. "Yeah ?", I answered. With all this shit going on, we hadn't talked properly in ages. "Are you free tomorrow ?", he asked, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. Cute.
"Yeaaahhhh", I drew out, raising an eyebrow. "So.... umm..... Let's go on a date ?", he asked. "We have school tomorrow", I replied. "After school. Charlotte has to wait back to complete her art for the exhibition", he said, red coating his cheeks. "Okay. Sure", I said, grinning. "Okay. Yeah", he said, turning redder. I laughed, pulling him closer. He let out a 'oof', before regaining his balance. I placed my lips on his. It was a slow kiss. I held his face in my hands. I felt his grip on my waist, pulling me impossibly closer.

          "Umm...guys ?", I heard Charlotte call out, but I continued to focus on the kiss. Jacob didn't seem bothered either. "Lisa ?........ LISA", Jacob broke the kiss and glanced over at Charlotte. "I can't find my keys", she said, looking embarrassed. I handed her my bag, " They're in the front zip". She snatched the bag and ran towards the door. "So....um.... I wrote this for you", Jacob said, holding out a piece of paper in his hand. I took it from his hand. "Lisa ?", Charlotte called out again. Jacob glanced towards her. "Bye", he said, before giving me a peck on my lips. I could see the blush on his face. "Bye", I waved. He gave me his signature showstopping smile before leaving. "Okay Juliet, let's go inside now", I heard Charlotte yell from the door. I looked over to see her smirking. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

**********************************

          I paused the music blasting through my headphones. I had tried everything to fall asleep, from counting sheep to listening to soft, soothing music. None of them worked. I sighed, thinking about the day, and about my date tomorrow. I had actually made an effort to pick out a dress that was pretty and decent enough to pass the dress code. Which, if I must point out, are pointless. I'm pretty sure no one's going to get distracted looking at my shoulders.

          I was thinking about Jacob and the date, when I remembered the note he gave me. I still hadn't read it. It didn't look like I was going to fall asleep any sooner, so I got up. I shone my flashlight around my room, looking for my bag. I had slipped it in my bag when I got inside the house. Then I remembered leaving it downstairs after I did my homework.
Yes. Homework. I was actually making an effort to get good grades this year. I slowly opened the door to my room, making sure I don't disturb Charlotte.

          I switched the kitchen light on once I was downstairs and grabbed my bag. I sat on the table, unfolding the paper. "Hey Angel. I know we're both going through a lot right now. I wrote this letter to remind you that I'm always here, even when I'm physically not with you, I-", my head snapped towards the noise coming from the living room. I kept the letter down. "Dad ?", I called out. I knew this was his usual time to come home. When I didn't hear an answer, I tip toed my way towards the door that led to the back yard. Better safe than sorry. Then I saw it, him.

          He was dressed in all black, his hood covering his face. I froze. He slowly moved his hand under his hood. My eyes widened as I saw him pull out a butcher's knife. My immediate response was to sprint towards the door. Unfortunately, he was faster than me. Catching hold of the back of my shirt, he threw me on the ground. I tried screaming, but it was silenced by his hand. I struggled to get the knife away from my body. During the struggle, I managed to pull his hood back, revealing Ryan's face. He looked tired, his eyes sunken and red. He looked a lot more older and intimidating. Using the moment of shock to his benefit, he plunged the knife into me. The pain made me scream. This time he wasn't covering my mouth. I struggled with the pain. I just wanted to curl up. Ryan tried stabbing me again. I fought back, but it was of no use. I felt him stabbing me again. I could feel the blood in my throat. The pain was too much. Someone pushed him off of me. I felt soft hands touching my face. "Lisa ?! Lisa ? Oh my god ! Oh fuck ! Stay with me alright ? The ambulance is on the way. Oh god ! Please open your eyes", I heard Charlotte's voice, but it seemed like she was far away. I heard dad's voice asking something. And then......I gave up. I stopped fighting.

The End.

Jk.

Author's Note:

Hey guys ! Hope you like this chapter.

If you did, don't forget to vote and comment.

Sending lots of love your way :)