Chapter 19

Junior year is almost over, and I have no idea how to feel about it. Everyone is stressed because of exams and assignments, it's absolute hell. Yet everyone is excited for the summer vacation.  I looked around the table, everyone was chatting happily, except Janise. She's been like this for the whole lunch. Scott was shooting worried glances her way. We made eye contact. He signaled me to ask her what's wrong. I poked her, "What happened ??". She sighed, "I asked Blake out today". "Finally", Jacob mumbled. Scott looked hurt, "That.... Is good", he tried to mask his expression with a smile. I shot him a sympathetic look. "He said no", Janise said. "What ?!", I heard Charlotte's voice, full of disbelief.

             "What the fudge ?!", Jacob shouted, making a few people look at our table. "I don't understand, I thought he liked you", Charlotte said, completely confused. I kept quiet. I know saying this would be considered insensitive, but I knew this was going to happen. She chuckled sadly, "Apparently, I don't deserve him. He just wanted some fun and I was desperate enough to fall for him", a tear fell from her eye. "He said that !?!", Anger was clear on my face. Janise does not deserve that. She nodded, "To make it worse, I saw him kiss Brenda". I groaned, "I'm gonna kill that bastard". She shook her head, "No, it's okay, I'm strong enough to handle this", she said wiping her tears. "It's not okay, how can he just say those things to you. I'm ashamed I ever called him my friend", Scott said. Charlotte slowly rubbed her back in an attempt to soothe her.

           "Well, hello there", we heard a voice. I groaned, "Look Brenda, I'm in no mood for your bullshit right now, so just fuck off". She pouted, "Aww, I thought I would introduce my boyfriend to you", she said pointing at Blake. I shot Blake a glare before returning my gaze to Brenda. "Oh, you're dating her ex ? Cool, she's eating a burger, want those leftovers too", I asked, offering her a sarcastic smile. By now everyone in the cafeteria was looking at us. "Technically, he was not dating her. She was just desperate for his attention", she said.

          That was the last straw. I got up, "Shut up Brenda". She smirked, raising her eyebrows," Or what ?". I lost it. Before I could stop myself, I slapped her. I'm pretty sure it would leave a bruise. She gasped, her eyes filled with disbelief. I heard a couple of gasps behind me. "You would pay for this", she said, her eyes filled with tears. Blake had rushed towards her when I punched her. I rolled my eyes at her, "Honey, I've heard enough of your empty threats, now hear what I'm saying. If you dare hurt anyone from my friend circle,I will chop you're fucking hands off. Any you, you asshole"-, I pointed at Blake, "watch your fucking back. And don't even bother talking to Jacob or Scott, I don't think they like you too much, after what you said". I just hoped they shared the same views.

            Jacob and Scott nodded their heads, glaring at him. "You seriously think this is a good idea ?", Blake asked, he looked shocked. "This is the best idea we've ever had", Scott said, he had hesitation in his eyes. "I second that", Jacob replied. "Now fuck off before I give you a matching bruise on your face", I said.

************************************

           "Okay, so you go and place this cloth over his nose, and when he gets unconscious, drag him over to the old library", I instructed. Jacob nodded and Scott was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

           It had been one day, and we were planning what to do with Blake. We waited for one whole day to give him a false sense of security. "He will never think of messing with us again",I said with a smirk. "You look like the evil queen from Snow White right now", Jacob muttered. "Thanks", I replied. He raised an eyebrow, "It wasn't a compliment". I shrugged, "I took it as one. Anyway, shoo. Go get that asshole".  We prepared our markers. Jacob and Scott finally arrived, dragging an unconscious Blake behind them. "He's so fucking heavy", Scott complained. Charlotte passed us the permanent markers. We started writing all kinds of stuff on his body. When we were finished, we hid his t-shirt. I'll admit, I feel like a badass when I do these things.

           School was about to be over in half an hour. "When will he wake up ?", Charlotte asked. "Well, chloroform can only keep a person unconscious for a short amount of time. So I'd say in about 20 minutes", I said. "Should I ask you how you know that or how in the word you even got chloroform ??", Scott asked, looking at me suspiciously. "You don't want to know", I replied, adding a wink. Scott faked a shudder. I heard Jacob snort, "Is this even legal". I shrugged, a smirk on our face. "Guys let's go", Charlotte said.

************************************

          We were joking around on the school's corridors when we saw Blake walking up to us, looking furious, our art spread on his whole upper body. "How dare you !?", He shouted. "How dare we what ?", Janise asked looking confused. She'll be a great actress. "I swear to god, You are not going to get away with this !", he said, his jaw clenched.His face red with anger, he stepped closer to us. "Buddy, we don't know what you're talking about", Scott said, but I can tell he was holding in a laugh. "And yeah, thanks for the information. I think anything I have for you is gone.", Janise said, referring to the 'I have aids', written by Scott, and 'I have a small penis", written by yours truly.

          "You think this is funny ? I'm not going to forget this Lisa. I know this was your stupid idea. I'm waiting for the day I find you alone. No one is going to be there to help you then", he said through gritted teeth. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah okay dude. Now go do something about the drawings on your face". I played his threat off, but I couldn't ignore the feeling of dread. Blake closed his eyes, trying to control his anger. I and Scott looked at each other, smirking, "Baby I'm sooorrrry, I'm  not sorry". This was enough for Blake, having faced enough humiliation for a day, he walked off to his car.

************************************

            "Did- did you look at his face, he looked like he was- he was gonna burst out crying", Scott said holding his stomach, because he was laughing that hard. We were still talking about Blake, sprawled on Janise's bed. "So let's have a girls night with lots of ice cream and popcorn", Charlotte suggested, she was slowly getting closer to our group. I nodded while Janise clapped her hands together screaming a 'yeess'. Scott pouted, "Can I join in ?". Jacob rolled his eyes, " It's called a girls night for a reason".
Wow, he rolled his eyes?
I think I'm rubbing off on him.

           "But I can't stay with you. You're boring as hell", he said. Jacob raised his eyebrow, slapping the back of Scott's head. "It's fine, you both can come", Janise said smiling. Scott smiled back, I couldn't help but notice how his eyes softened when they met Janise. Jacob looked at me and smiled. I wasn't the only one to notice.
Love is in the air !!

************************************

Author's Note :

So do you ship Janise and Scott ??
What do you think about the whole revenge thing, did you like it ??
If you like this chapter :

Vote.
Comment.

And also, follow me on Wattpad.
Pretty please (insert puppy face)

Lots of love ❤️❤️