Chapter 25

"Ugh.....shut up", I groaned. Jacob was singing a song, and let me just tell you he's a horrible singer. "Get the fuck away", I said while trying to kick him. I He pouted, and I almost melted there. "But I want to tell you something", he said. "Later, now I'm busy", I said. He rolled his eyes, "You're watching YouTube videos". I shrugged.

          "For fuck's sake, I've been standing here since half an hour, while you are bickering like an old couple", Scott grumbled. I finally sat up, "What ? I can't even chill after the hell called school, seriously ?". It's been a month since senior year started. The pressure to do better has finally got to me. And these two idiots interrupting my only break time is not appreciated. Jacob grinned, "No, you can't. We're going out for dinner. Now go freshen up, Janise will be here in five minutes". I scoffed, "As if Taylor would let me go anywhere with two boys, that too at night". Scott and Jacob grinned at each other. Why are they so fucking excited ?

            "Taylor's going to be there too", Jacob said. I stared blankly at both of them. "This is the moment where you get excited and start screaming'', Scott said. "But I want to stay here and be lazy", I pouted. Jacob sighed, "You either get up or I'm going to pick you up". I laughed, "Like you're actually going to do that". Jacob stared at me for a minute, and then picked me up like I'm some kind of sack of potatoes. "Geez ! Okay ! I'll get up, put me down  !!", I said. Jacob put me down, "I'll be downstairs". Jacob exited the room. But not before kissing my cheek, which made me go red.

           "Ohh, is someone blushing ??", Scott asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I threw a pillow at him, but he ran away and the pillow hit the door. I could hear both Scott and Jacob laughing.
Assholes.

************************************

           "So Lisa and Charlotte will go with Taylor, and me and Scott will go with Jacob", Janise said. I nodded my head and got inside Taylor's car. Charlotte sat in the front seat and me in the back. Taylor got inside the car and gave Charlotte an awkward smile. Charlotte smiled back. I smirked at them and began to sing, "She wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts . She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. Dreaming about the day when you-". Taylor's groan interrupted me, "Shut up Lisa. I swear you're so annoying", he said, but I didn't miss the slight blush on his face.

           "What ? I was just helping Charlotte to communicate her feelings", I said, batting my lashes innocently. Hearing me say that, Charlotte broke into a fit of cough, and I smirked wider. "You belong with meeeeeeeee !! You belong with me", I began to sing again. Taylor sighed, "This is going to be a long ride".

***********************************

           "Angel !", "Angel !", "ANGEL!". "I'm right beside you Jacob ,you don't need to scream", I said, rolling my eyes. "Angel", he called again, poking my cheek. "What Jacob ?! What !?", I replied. Jacob grinned at me, "Nothing". I groaned and banged my head on the table.

            We were at a big hotel, which looked really expensive. I seriously don't know why we're here. I mean, if they were really taking me to eat, we wouldn't come somewhere this expensive. I look around, there's no one around us, literally, no one. And if we're  here just to eat, Janise wouldn't have dolled me up. I'm wearing a back skirt, yes a skirt. And a off the shoulder black crop top. She made me wear my boots. And for make up, she gave me a dark red lip and slightly applied eyeliner on my eyes. I think I look good.

        Since we've got here, everyone is making a lame excuse and leaving the table one by one. I glanced around suspiciously. "Hey, I have to use the restroom . I'll be back in a minute", Jacob said before leaving. Well....okay?? After some time, the lights turned off. I looked around, there was only the dim lights that came from the candles. I heard the door open and close, and some whispering. "Is someone there ?", I called out. I feel like a typical horror movie character. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts.

           Suddenly, all the lights lit up and everyone screamed, "Happy birthday Lisa !!". A confused look passed my face. Today's my birthday ?? I checked my phone to find that it really is my birthday. What kind of a dumb person forgets their own birthday ? I'm so damn stupid.

           "Is she always this slow in processing things, or did we do something wrong ?", Scott asked Charlotte. I grinned once my brain processed the scene. "Thank you so much", I said, "You guys are the best". I heard Scott whisper, "So she does have a working brain". I stuck my tongue out at him.  "C'mon, let's cut the cake", Taylor said, smiling. I eyed the delicious cake.

            After cutting the cake and feeding it to everyone, music started blaring out of the speakers. "Whoo ! Let's dance", Taylor cheered and started dancing. Jacob looked at me and held out his hand, I smiled and took it. He pulled me into him, making me gasp. After blushing and being nervous for some minutes, I finally relaxed. We began to dance together. "Happy birthday Angel", Jacob whispered. The affection in his eyes was so strong, that I wanted to grab him and kiss him right there. But obviously, that'd never happen. Unless I want Taylor to flip out.

           I shook my head to the music and started moving my body. It felt good. I felt nice being so close to Jacob. I know. What a surprise. It felt sweet. I saw Janise whisper something in Charlotte's ear, and her nodding. But I was too focused on dancing to acknowledge anything, so I just kept dancing.

              The lights went out again, and a dim white spotlight thingy shone on us. The song changed to 'Symphony' by Zara Larson. It was one of my favorite songs. Now I know what Janise whispered to Charlotte. I once told Janise that if I ever had a boyfriend I would love to dance with him on this song.

            I smiled and put my hands on Jacob's neck. He put his hand on my waist. And we danced. It felt so so good. I wished that this would never end. "You look so beautiful Angel", Jacob whispered. "You too", I said back. "I don't want this to end. I want to stay right here", he whispered again. "I want that too. I want us to stay like this. I want to be with you", I whispered back. He gently pulled me close and planted a kiss on my forehead. And then he kept me close to him. We were hugging each other now.  "This is definitely gonna go on social media", I heard Janise say. But I didn't care. I just wanted to be there, I wanted to enjoy the feeling of his arms around me. Jacob just made my night special. And that's when I realized.
I want this guy.
I need him.

************************************

Author's Note :

Awww ..

P.S : this is exactly how I want to dance with my special someone (if he or she even exists )

Also, is this book getting boring or something ?
I sometimes feel like that. So please tell me your opinions.

Anyway, if you like the chapter,

Vote.
Comment.

And follow me on Wattpad if you want to check out my other books

Love you guys❤️