Chapter 26

I eyed the gifts kept in front of me. "They aren't bombs Lisa, you can open them", Taylor said rolling his eyes. My mouth was left open at the amount of gifts in front of me. I grinned, and began opening the gifts. Scott gifted me a pair of sneakers, Janise gave me a  watch and Charlotte gifted me headphones. Currently, I was debating whether to open Taylor's gift or not. I was 100% sure that he was going to prank me. But when I picked the box up, it felt heavy. I opened the gift to find a laptop. I grinned at Taylor. I've been pestering Taylor about the laptop for a long time. I couldn't do my assignments properly. So I was kind of glad he brought me a laptop. I admit I was a little disappointed that Jacob's gift wasn't there.

           "Now let's eat, I'm starving", Janise said. Everyone nodded. We sat at the table, it was now buzzing with Taylor and Scott talking about something  and Janise and Charlotte making jokes about them. ''I didn't bring anything for you'', Jacob said frowning.  I smiled at him, ''That's fine, I don't need anything''. He smiled at me, but there was something about it. I knew he was planning to gift me something. It was practically written on his face. He's a bad actor. We finished our dinner and headed out. I thanked the waiters and the manager of the hotel for such lovely decoration. ''This was so good. Thank you so much guys. I'll never forget this birthday'', I said. Janise smiled at me,''I know, we're awesome like that'', she said with a perfect hair flip. I rolled my eyes while everyone laughed. 

*****************************************************************************************

          I felt a chilling sensation on my back. I screamed and stood up on my bed, as my back was burning from whatever it was. As I stood up, Ice cubes fell from my T-shirt on my bed. My sleep long gone, I glared at the two people in my room. "Happy Birthday Sis'', Taylor said smirking. I looked at Charlotte, "You didn't stop him ??", I asked.  She shrugged, a light blush covering her cheeks. "What happened to chicks before dicks ?", I mumbled as I went to my bathroom to freshen up. I was excited to go to school today. Mainly because I knew I was going to see what Jacob had planned for me. I did my usual routine and Taylor drove us to school.

          "Happy Birthday Babe", Janise said. I offered her a smile, "Thanks". I noticed Charlotte and Janise giving each other excited looks. I raised a suspicious eyebrow at them. Janise noticed this and chuckled awkwardly, "Why don't you get your books ?'', she asked. "Okay...?", I said, still with the eyebrow raised. I gave them a weird look and opened my locker. When I was taking my books out I noticed a gift placed between the books. I took it out and showed it to Janise and Charlotte. They shrugged, together. They definitely know something.

          I unwrapped the gift and found a photo frame inside of it. I flipped the photo frame and my breath caught in my throat. It was a sketch, my sketch. In the photo, I was grinning and there was a twinkle in my eyes. The sketch looked beautiful. At the bottom of the sketch, in a neat handwriting, a message was written. 'Happy birthday Angel'. I smiled lightly. "Do you like it ?", a voice behind me asked. I turned around and saw Jacob. "I fucking love it", I said. I head someone clear their throat. I looked back at Charlotte grinning like a maniac and Janise mimicking me. I stuck my tongue out at them. Yeah, I know, very mature.

***************************************************************************************

          "People are talking about you and Jacob all over the school", Scott said. He was the only person from our group in this class. I looked at the teacher, she was busy scribbling something on the board. So I decided to talk to Scott. Honestly, I don't even know how I passed Junior year. I mean look at me, I'm not even sure which subject she's teaching. "What is there to talk about ?", I asked him. "Oh nothing. They were just saying that you two would look good as a couple. But I don't think that's going to happen", he said. My heart sank. Does that mean Jacob doesn't like me or something ? "Why not ?'', I asked. He smirked, "Because you two are so scared of confessing your feelings to each other". I rolled my eyes at him, "There are no feelings to confess". He grinned, "Sure honey. Sure".