Episode 38: A suicide mission

[Zed]

As the room filled with glowing dust the crowd can't contain their amazement and muttered a chorus "Ahhh"

The hall was filled with momentary darkness, then a spotlight was focused at the center of the stage. Hemlock was holding a stick, a magic stick perhaps.

She pointed the stick upward, a variety of hearts and stars started falling at the ceiling.

The magic show would be awesome, if you're dumb to notice that everything was controlled by the projector and LED lights.

Boring.

"Hey Vaughn nice to see you here" It's the albino kid again, I didn't bother looking at them even though Vaughn is right beside me.

"Bye Vaughn, see you around"

I stayed quite until a piece of paper fell in front of me.

Vaughn snatched the paper and gasp. I spare a glance at the paper, I knew something's gonna happen.

A large bold letters were written on the paper 'WARNING'

"Zed nawawala sila Scythe, Abby at Brian"

"I--"

The light went off, a hiss noise vibrating inside the Main Hall followed by a think layer of smoke.

I sniff, familiar to the odor my mind was digesting data "halothane vapour otherwise known as Fluothane" I blurted out.

the smoke's getting thicker "Ano?!" Vaughn panicked

"Knockout gas! Quick cover your nose! Vaughn grab Zoki and Nate we're going out!"

I lead the way, more than half of the students were already passed out, thank goodness the smoke machine was farther on our seats or else we probably lose conscious by now.

I got the back door but it's lock "Fuck!" I groan

"WHAT?! WHAT?!" Nate said. Barely audible because of the cloth covering his nose and mouth.

Vaughn started coughing, I still can't open the freakin' door!

"Fuck" I slapped my face.

I'm gonna pass out if this fucking door won't open in the next five minutes!

The door banged open, and it wasn't because of me. I felt a hand on my shirt and I am dragged out of the main hall.

"Haaaaaa!" I breathe, I didn't pass out!

Zoki dragged us out of the main hall.

I was panting frantically half cursing.

"Ano bang nangyayari?! Bakit may nag gas sa main hall?!" Vaughn was pulling his hair off

We're busy thinking what the hell is happening when three armed men came to view and run on our direction guns aimed at us.

"BWISIT!"

The four of us started running for our dear useless life.

We heard a stomach grumbling.

"I'm hungry"

"Jusko naman Zoki! May mga taong humahabol satin ngayon, nawawala sila Scythe tapos ang daming tulog sa main hall! Uunahin pa ba natin pagkain mo?"

"Okay fine, promise me you'd cook beef once we get home"

"Waaaaaaah! Mababaliw na ako"

One of the guys fired a shot, missed.

"Waaaaag pooooo!" Vaughn scream.

I grab my gun, a real gun caliber .45

Good thing I bring the gun with me. I load the bullets and put down the safety of the gun.

Two clear shot on their knees and shoulder would slow them down.

one, two three!.

I stop and raise the gun. The three men were taken aback.

I fired two clear shots. One down.

Zoki throw three knives. Two down.

before the last man can fire a shot, a bullet and knife was pierce on his chest.

"Let's go! Go! Go!"

We barge in on an empty classroom. Nate and Vaughn was sitting on a chair Zoki was standing beside the door.

"I-I-I can't believe it" Nate sigh. Vaughn rubbed his forehead.

"We can't stay here for a long time, we need to find a way out and find out who's behind this ruckus"

"Tangina Zed masyadong delekado, may balak ka bang magpakamatay? Wag mo kaming isama" Nate said, face is as pale as snow.

"There's no other way, we could take the risk or we could just wait here and die. Choose" I said.

"Option three we could wait for Santa and make a wish" Zoki said.

"That had no sense Zoki"

"You had no sense of humour? I know, I know"

Oh shit! I have no chance of winning to an argument with this guy

"Okay, pero sasamahan kita kung lalabas ka. Zoki ikaw bantayan mo si Nate dito kase sya ang magtuturo samin kung saan kami pupunta"

"Is this some kind of a suicide mission?" He asked

I thought "Probably"

"Mag iingat kayo Vaughn, here"

Nate handed us a pair of communication device which he bought the other day.

Before Vaughn and I bid goodbye to the two I handed Nate my stun gun, incase he needed to help Zoki.

I took a deep breath. There's a high probability that we're gonna get killed.

"Alright. Let's go"