Episode 51 - Mourn

[Vaughn]

halos pinag bagsakan kami ng langit at lupa ng makita naming nasusunog ang bahay. Agad na kumilos ang mga taga fire department para apulahin ang sunog pero umabot na ng limang minuto at wala ng natitira sa bahay.

Hindi kami makagalaw, naghalo-halo na ang emosyon sa loob namin hanggang sa nakita namin si Aston na nakaposas hawak-hawak ng isang pulis.

para akong sasabog sa galit at lungkot, pamilyar ang nararamdaman ko, ganito kasakit ang naaramdamanan ko ng namatay si Mama.

Si Zed.

Namatay sya dahil sa kanya

[Jeovani]

I was driving the car with Abby in the passenger seat. She was crying, Zed send a message for her then she insisted of going back to the house only to found out that it was engulf by fire.

I was holding her in my arms, supporting in case she lose all her strength. Gusto kong umiyak, Zed and I were best of friends, I have been with him since elementary until we were transferred by the states.

We were halfway on the house when I saw a guy punch Aston Flitzbeig's face. Hindi natumba si Aston dahil hawak sya ng dalawang pulis pero may dugo na lumabas sa gilid ng bibig nya.

the guy punch him again and again, screaming in pain about losing aa friend "Walanghiya ka! Pinatay mo sya!" he was saying that over and over. Two other teenage guys tried to stop him, the one with glasses was crying, the other one's expression was blank.

I know them, I saw a picture of them once in a while.

nang maawat na si Vaughn ng dalawa ay napaupo sya sa sahig at umiyak. Zoki the expressionless was blankly walking to Aston, staring at him before kicking him hard on the stomach, I can't help but wince when Aston kneel in pain, more blood is dripping from his mouth, that must have been hurt pretty bad. The authorities was alarmed when Zoki was now holding a knife, his expression was still blank but you could see the danger in his eyes, the thirst of wanting to kill the person who cause them the life of their friend.

hinawakan sya nila Nate at Vaughn para pigilan sya sa gagawin nya, punong-puno ng luha ang mukha ng dalawa, this scenario made me realize that they're still a kid, they're still sensitive, this is too much for them. Most people forget it because they are strong and intelligent and able to deal with adult's work but they're still a kid. Zoki grab their hands and hug them, his expression remained blank, not a single tears, but when he close his eyes and buried his face on Vaughn's shoulder I can see that he is sad like the rest of them.

Zedrick why did you do this to us?

"Zed! Zed naman eh lumabas ka na! Asan ka ba?!" I was too occupied by their emotions that I failed to realize Abby escaped from my hands.

She was wailing, begging Zed to come out as if he is hiding from somewhere in the ashes of the burnt house. Her pretty little face was covered with warm tears that it hurts me to stare at her, losing a childhood friend and seeing her like that was enough hell but I can't shed a single tear because I am here as an authority.

lumapit ako sa Police Inspector na syang humahawak sa kaso "I am Jeovani Guilliver NBI" ipinakita ko sa kanila ang badge ko, mukhang nagulat sila dahil sa ang bata ng itsura ko pero hindi na sila nagsalita pa.

By Zed killed and by Aston in the perimeter when it happened he was automatically subjected to murder. He can't run away from a case this time thanks to Zed, he ended the terror of Aston and beat him in his own game. Zed's plan was to convict Aston and he did it, he made a perfect plan by doing an act Cyanide wouldn't expect, that is to kill himself. The flashdrive which was Cyanide is after was safe.

Zed pulled off a perfect tactical move yet the ultimate price to pay was the grief of people who cherish him, Zed is a selfish brat deserves to be beaten up. But just like when were grade school, I was impressed by his logical wonder, such a brilliant kid to waste.

the fire fighters found the burned body of Zed, I quickly ran at Abby and wrapped an arm around her to keep her from approaching the burned body. "Zed! NO! ZEDRICK!" She was hysterical in my arms, grabbing my shirt and falling on her knees, she was deeply hurt.

Zedrick, how can you do this to our little Abbigail?

I instructed the Cebu authorities to transfer the corpse to manila for medical examination.

"Abby stop crying, please?" I beg her but when we locked eyes I regretted staring at her.

"S-Si Zedrick, b-babalikan nya ako diba? Jeovani s-si Zedrick" hindi nya matapos-tapos ang sasabihin nya dahil sa mga hikbi nya.

I hug her, this is the least thing I can do for her. I don't know if this little gesture will matter but this is all I can do to make her okay.

A police officer approach me "Sir binabyahe na po namin ang bangkay ng biktima"

"Okay, Thank you"

kumawala si Abby sa akin at lumapit kay Cyanide, tinitigan nya ng malamig si Aston, ilang sandali pa ay narinig namin ang malakas na sampal ni Abby kay Aston. Hindi nagsalita si Aston "Pinatay mo sya!" galit na sabi ni Abby

nag angat ng tingin si Aston at ngumiti kay Abby kaya agad akong lumapit sa kanya

"Your boyfriend chose to die on his own, don't you see how selfish he is?" diretsong sabi nya kay Abby

"Hinayupak kang lalaki ka! Bwisit pigilan nyo ko" sabi ni Nate habang iniaangat ang bag nya para ipanghampas kay Aston.

"Can I just kill him?" Zoki suggested but everyone just stare at him. Vaughn on the other hand stayed silently wiping his tears.

The five of us traveled on a private plane to manila for the medical examination, all of them was silent, a large part of them felt empty without Zed. Abby is crying throughout the ride.

two girls and two guys was waiting on us as we arrive at the airport, the girl with a full bangs immediately hug Abbigail and the two of them cried together, the other girl was Astrea, her eyes were watery, her nose and cheeks were bright red, I pat her head "I want to go back in the US with you, there's no reason for me to stay here" she said softly.

The other two guys which was introduced as Brian and Nickolas. Brian was tapping Nate's back while Nickolas was hugging the three, Vaughn was having another emotional breakdown.

later that night a police detective Inspector and a police officer give their condolence for his death appreciation for Zed's help in solving many baffling cases for the police.

Everyone is mourning for his death.