Episode 40- File Pandora 01

[Zed]

the whole four wall white room reeks medicine, Vaughn, our mother, was lying on the hospital bed wearing a hospital gown.

Zoki and Nate was sitting on his side both holding his hand "Sabi ng doctor successful naman ang surgery pero bakit hindi pa nagigising si Vaughn? Tatawagin ko ba 'yon? Tatawagin ko sya!"

I sigh "Oh shut up Nate, you've called them six times already, give it a rest"

"Hell! They said he's going to wake up soon but it's almost morning! He's asleep for hours for Christ sake!" Nate grabbed Vaughn's shoulder and tried to shake him off while calling his name "Vaughn! Vaughn! Gising na nagugutom na kami, Vaughn"

Zoki and I was watching him silently hoping our mother will open his eyes and flash his reassuring smile like he always does, but he didn't move, he didn't speak, he didn't smile either.

I heard Zoki heave a sigh "I wish fairy godmother would come"

I cleared my throat "This is no time for fairytales Zoki"

Nate was back on his chair, the room was silent. The only noise was the buzzing of the air purifier, for a moment I thought I could hear their heartbeats.

"I-" Nate look at me, but Zoki remained stairring at Vaughn.

"I am sorry, this won't happen if I haven't tried to go after them" I breathe and continue "I dragged you in this mess, Vaughn" I glace at Vaughn "Vaughn was shot because of me"

Nate return his gaze on Vaughn and didn't utter a word.

I would completely understand if they hated me so much, they have all the reason to feel remorse. I have put their peaceful boring lives into a hawkish danger.

"I never trusted you since the beginning, Vaughn is the one who convinced me to trust you" Nate said without starring "And I have trusted you since then, I still do to be honest. Vaughn cared for you, so make sure those bastards who did this to him pays the price, don't ever think of running from us, you owe Vaughn your life"

I remember when Vaughn asked me if they could trust me, I wasn't sure if they could trust me back then, but he trusted me just like that. He was an idiot, a stupid human being and a good friend.

"All this drama makes me feel teary, it even makes me forget Nate's deprived height"

A box of tissue was flying on Zoki's direction but the bastard catched it midair

"Mag aaway na naman ba kayo dyan?"

A familiar weak voice.

"Vaughn!!"

He was smiling, that reassuring smile, I don't think the three of us would ever be happy without it.

Vaughn looked at them, then fixed his gaze at mine "Glad you are awake" I said.

He tried to move but the stitches from the surgery ache that made him stop moving "nagugutom na ako" he groan and pout, the three of us cringe.

"Vaughn, you look like some starved monkey, tigil mo yan ang sagwa"

Vaughn glare at Nate but then he burst out laughing, laughing like he wasn't shot.

Zoki and Nate volunteered to get some food for Vaughn while I'm here watching him, he was intensely watching the drama.

"Vaughn I'm--"

"Haysusmaryosep! Nandito ka pa pala?!"

seriously? I am sitting next to him though.

"Sorry naman, akala ko kase sumama ka sa kanila hindi ka naman kase nagsasalita akala ko talaga wala akong kasama, hala! Wag kang---"

I smash the pillow in his face, damn noisy "Look, I'm sorry, I forgot the warning, I'm sorry I act stupidly, I am sorry you we were shot because of me, I should've left you guys the moment I knew Cyanide was ---" A pillow hit my face, it wasn't a bad hit since the assailant was shot in the shoulder.

"Ang daldal mo, wala kang kasalanan sa nangyari sakin kung meron man wala akong pakealam wag mo lang iisipin na iwan kami, malayo narin narating nating magkakasama isa pa nangako ako kay Principal Nick na aalagaan ko kayo kaya wag kang madaming sinasabi dyan hindi mo character yan"

he tried to lift his hand but it must be hurting so bad and smiled instead. There was a knock on the door later Astrea was looking at us, she motioned me to step out, Vaughn tap my hand and said "go" .

as I step outside the room Astrea and that blond girl named Jian was waiting "I am going now, Jeovani said he misses you and he was hoping you'll find the file Pandora before Cyanide does" Jian said.

Astrea cleared her throat "I'm sorry about what happened inside the campus, I should have called the cops sooner Vaughn wouldn't have been shot"

"You don't have to say sorry, you've done a great job, thank you" I held her head and messed up her hair.

she stare at me the mutter "Jag tänker som dig" or something close to that.

"Huh?"

she blink and grab Jian by the wrist before they could walk out Abby came out of nowhere, Brian and Scythe was with her. Abby was starring at me and Astrea, my hand was still on top of her head "Ang sweet naman" Abby said.

"You brought some fruits?" "Halika na Scythe pasok na tayo sa loob" she avoided me, why's that?

Abby close the door loudly on my face, what's wrong with her seriously?

I brushed the thought away and accompany Astrea and Jian outside the hospital, I met Zoki and Nate on the way back and we walk together

"I saw the blond chick and Astrea outside, what did they told you?" Nate query

I stayed silent until we reach the elevator and Zoki slap the back of my head "C'mon Man! Wag kang madamot" Nate said as we step on inside.

I find no reasons not to tell them "they wanted to make me find something called file Pandora or the pandora's box" I said

"Pandora's box, someone's been fond of mythology" Zoki said nonchalantly

while waiting on the elevator to stop Nate opened another topic "About Cyanide, when are we going to arrest him? I mean alam na natin pagmumukha ng hinayupak na 'yon, isama na natin yung babaeng nag ma-magic ano? Ipatukhang na natin"

"Mas mauuna kang matokhang, mukha mo palang dinaig mo pa ang adik sa eskinita"

"Gago! Sapakan nalang ano!"

I wonder how they get to survive living together in one room, without murdering one another.

"We can't imprison him just like that, stop being an idiot"

"oh fuck you Zedrick" he buzz then stuck a tongue.

the elevator click and opened, Zoki purposely push Nate forward causing him to fell on the cold tiles, face first. That mean Zoki "I'mma kill you you FUCKING BASTARD!"

Nate lifted himself up and charge at Zoki who's been screaming "MOMMY VAUGHN! MOMMY VAUGHN!" while running holding the bucket full of fried chicken

Not a good sight, but I'm becoming used to this.

I rub my temple and start running after them.