Chapter 42 - Olivia

"Whoaaa!!! Peaches this place is incredible! It's soo beautiful!!"

"Yeah, man, couples retreat!" Shann dances in the lobby of our hotel.

"Honestly, I seriously can't wait to go horseback riding! Holy shit! I love me some horses!"

"I thought you were going to you love to ride...you know, never mind," Matt jokes with me.

"Stupid!! Hahaha!" I laugh with Matt.

"We have couples massages in 45 minutes then dinner tonight at the restaurant?" asks Shann.

"Sounds good, I need a snack!!!" I whine.

Shann hears me say snack and we both start whining about needing a snack after that two-hour drive to Santa Barbara. Immediately Matt and Abby take us to find snacks to avoid the tantrum that ensues when we're both hungry.

I roll around on the bed after my nice snack and make myself comfortable until the couples massage, "what do you wanna do until the massage, munch?"

"Turn on the TV, see what's on," she says, opening up all the windows to let the beautiful natural light and sea breeze in. She situates herself next to me for optimal snuggling.

"Humm leave it," she says nuzzling her face into my arm on the bed.

"Bravo, of course," on the TV it's some version of the Real Housewives. "Did Shann say if the massages were in the spa or in our room?"

"She said downstairs in the spa."

"Mmm, okay."

"Baby, why did you agree to come on this weekend getaway when you know you have school stuff to do?" she asks quietly against my arm.

"I don't know, I just...I'm trying to be better at balancing my life," I shrugged. I knew I had a pile as high as Mt. Everest worth of work to do but I also haven't had much of a personal life in the last couple of months, I'm entitled to some time for myself, some balance.

"What about all your work, I know you must have tons of it..." my lady said worriedly.

"I brought some stuff with me and I've been working on things throughout the day, after I work out, before lunch, and before bed. Especially all my readings before bed helps knock me out," I joke.

"Hmm, I just don't want you to fall behind."

"I'll be okay, my munch. Things have slowed down a bit since midterms."

We get our massages and it's literally one of the most relaxing massages I've had in a while, perfect for all the stress and tension I've had from all the planning and worrying form DSMN and filming. Of course after, Abby and I are both incredibly drowsy, signs of a great massage, that we end up sleeping through our dinner plans with Matt and Shann.

"We should have never turned on Real Housewives then we wouldn't have gotten stuck in bed and fallen asleep, now I'm hungry," I argued.

"Oh my god, you're so fucking annoying when you're hungry! We still have time to go out and get dinner! Jeez!"

"Noooo!! I don't want to get dressed and go out...I just want food in me, like on a conveyor belt straight into my mouth so I don't have to move..."

"You're disgusting. Get up! We can at least eat in the restaurant downstairs, unless you want room service...you want room service don't you? Why am I even asking, give me the menu..." Abby said reaching for the room service menu on the desk while I have a big smile on my face because I got exactly what I wanted from the tiny girl.

"CHICKEN TENDERS AND ALL THE SAUCES PLEASE! ALSO...FRIES AND A STEAK FOR ME!" I shout my go-to order across the room.

"Fucking of course you do," Abby rolls her eyes and chuckles to herself.