Chapter 49 - Abby

We have two days left on our trip, we've literally stayed at the resort the entire time — never having to leave because it's everything we need and more!

Room service, hotel pool, the beach a few steps out our door, endless sun, and waves — what more could I ask for?

A part of me feels guilty being here in paradise while Liv is home working her butt off, but she didn't want to come with us even though Nikki, Sarah, and Emily all said it would be fine for her to come to our girl's trip. I know it might have to do with the last time we went on a trip with my friends but it can't be, we talked it out already.

We're all laying by the pool in our cabana soaking up as much sun as possible, "can I ask you guys something? And I want your absolute honest opinion, don't hold anything back, okay?"

"Of course."

"Shoot!"

"Always!" My three girlfriends answer.

"What do you guys really think about Olivia and me being together this past year and a half?"

"You know we like her, Abz, what's the sudden concern?" Nikki wondered.

"Just answer — HONESTLY," I change my tone so my girlfriends know I'm serious.

"We like Olivia, I like her. I don't have a problem with her, I never did," Emily shrugged.

I turned to Nikki and Sarah for their answers.

"Honestly, I didn't think you guys would be this serious. I thought it was a fling from when you guys were on tour. It was hard for me to take Olivia seriously because she's always been this pop star that came from Disney and I did her hair from time to time..." Sarah revealed. "She's just so young, Abby."

I nod my head, "Nikki?"

"I don't know, Abz. I agree with Sarah, I know I'm not just speaking for myself but we didn't realize you would be so serious about her. Olivia is just this squeaky clean, goody-two-shoes A-list celeb. She's just a kid and she was engaged to Lucas for so long. You need someone who..." Nikki hesitates. "Who...can take care of you and be strong for you. I know you'll never find someone like Monty again, but he was perfect for you! You should be with someone like him, not some girl."

"Liv was right...this whole time. She's not just some girl," I reply.

"Right about what?" Emily restated.

I don't know how to react to what my friends just told me. I stand up, frustrated and appalled by their responses. Liv was right, this whole time. I kept making excuses for them that they just needed to get to know each other, but she was right.

"She told me! She told me you guys weren't treating her like a...like an actual person except when everyone wanted her to pick up the tab and she said that Laurel basically told her to break up with me! What about Liv really bothers all of you, exactly?? That she's successful? That she's made a name for herself? Created an multi-million dollar-brand?" I protested.

"What you guys don't see...what not many of you have taken the time to see is how much she truly loves me — how in love she is with me and I am with her. That she is strong and does take care of me, better than anyone ever has. You guys, I tortured her for an entire year, she had to watch me pretend to be with another man while we were a complete secret and she stayed; she put her feelings before mine every day. I can't explain it, but I know Monty wanted me to be with her, it's like he sent her to me."

"Abby, we're sorry. I'm sorry Laurel said that and Michelle has sort of...gotten to all of us regarding Olivia. You're right, we haven't taken the time to get to know her or even see you two together. I don't know about the rest of the girls, but I'm gonna try. I really am," Nikki apologized.