Chapter 47 - Abby

"Why can't you produce it? Why won't they let you?" I whined, face down on the couch.

"I don't know, munch. It's a contractual thing. They didn't say I couldn't, they just didn't say when. They want to involve lawyers since I'm on a different label than you and that there aren't any copyright issues," Liv explained from the kitchen table where she was answering emails.

"I'm not gonna start my album until you can officially come on as producer....have you thought of a pseudonym yet?" I ask finally rolling over onto my side.

"I think you should still be listening to demos...I haven't thought of a name yet, what do you think it should be? I was thinking either something REALLY basic like Jane Smith, or something that can be linked to me if people really, really tried," her brows raised because she liked the sound of her own idea.

"UGH! HELP MEEEE!" I thrash my limbs on the couch, whining.

"Abby, seriously?" She looked at me dead in the eyes, knowing full well I was capable of listening to demos without her.

"Okaaaaaayyyy!! God! I'll set up a meeting to tell them about demos!" I groaned. "Ohh make your pseudonym like Oliver Rivers."

"That's SOO obvious. Oh my god, Abby," she burst out with laughter. I thought it was clever and the corners of my mouth tilt down a bit.

I really want Liv to work on this album with me because I asked her to work on my last album but she was only able to work on a few songs and those songs were my singles and were extremely successful. I know I don't need Olivia Riviera to create a successful album, but any help I can get I'll take. My first album was great, but it wasn't as me as I wanted it to be, I'm all about the power ballads and broadway sounding tracks — that's just who I am and I want my next album to be even more of a reflection of who I am and where I am in my life and Liv is just the person to help me accomplish that.

There isn't anyone who is as talented and gifted in music as Olivia, everyone in the industry only ever has amazing things to say about her and praises. I trust her opinions and her ear. She just knows what sounds good and what can make a good song even better.

Speaking of, my girl is practicing on the piano right now. This is my most favorite thing ever since moving in with her, she practices literally every day, an hour a day and it's always so beautiful...literal music to my ears!

Some days she'll play classical music, other days she'll play piano versions of today's hits...today seems to be a mix of both. She always starts with some scales to warm up, then she hit me with something a little classical, then some Whitney Houston, something I couldn't recognize, and she ended it with songs from my album which made me get up from the couch where I was working.

I was leaning against a wall watching my girl play on her Granny's chestnut brown upright piano playing one of the songs she wrote for my album and I cannot help but smile and clutch my heart because I can feel the butterflies coming up from my stomach. I don't think she knows I'm standing behind her, watching her until she says, "come sing the song for me, munch!"

She doesn't turn around completely, jerking her head gesturing me to come sit with her. I sit down and sing my song with her accompanying me, singing softly.

When the song ends, I hum placing my hands on the back of her neck and I bring her head closer to me so I can kiss her on the cheek. I breathe my girl in and rest my head on her shoulder.

She starts up another song, one I recognize and brings me back to Big Sur, it's my song that Liv wrote for me. Just when I didn't think my heart could glow from happiness and love anymore, it just did. Ugh, Olivia Riviera is going to kill me from all this love without even trying!