Chapter 49-Dream

If you will ask me what is the only thing I will never regret doing?

Hugging Daphne when she caught Calvin.

Many things happened ever since we became friends. I don't blame her for my Dad and Mom's death. In fact, I am thankful. Thankful to have her by my side and for never leaving me. The death of my parents was painful. I lost myself for a while. I became selfish. I forgot that my sister is also hurting.

"Umiinom ka na naman" hindi na ko lumingon. I know it's her. She sat beside me and took the bottle away from me.

"I want to see them" I whispered, just enough for her to hear it.

"You will pero matulog ka muna. You're drunk"

Tinulungan nya kong makahiga and just after a few minutes, I fell asleep. Falling asleep was very hard for me the past few days but with her presence, it was easy.

"Okay ka na?" I nodded while staring at her.

I wonder, is it just a dream that she's taking care of me or it's real?

"Hindi ka na ba talaga lasing? Bakit ka nakatingin?"

"I'm not drunk anymore. I just realized something" I bit my lower lip to avoid smiling. She really took care of me! She stayed with me!

"What is it?" I shook my head

"Kumain ka na?" I nodded and avoided her gaze "Edi maligo ka na. Aalis na nyan tayo"

"Okay"

She stayed by my side the whole night.

At hindi ko sinasadya to tell her the words I always wanted to say since then.

"I love you" I closed my eyes and sighed. She pushed me slightly just enough to have space between us.

"Oh" she smiled "I love you too"

I silently hope that we feel the same way. That the words we uttered meant the same.

"You're busy again?" She sat at the table.

"We have a quiz later. I have to study" nilingon ko sya at kumunot ang noo nang makita ang suot nya.

She's wearing a skirt and her legs' showing up. What is she thinking? Guys were looking at her! What if they do something bad at her? Catcalled her? She's not thinking again!

"Baka gusto mong hubarin na rin ang skirt mo?" I said sarcastically and removed my jacket. Hinila ko sya patayo and wrapped it around her waist.

"Seriously?" I ignored her and went back to my seat

"Next time don't wear short skirts"

"Whatever" napailing nalang ako at nagbasa nalang ulit. Ang kulit.

Med school is very tough but we helped each other, we strived hard together, we did all things together. I wasn't Diego if I wasn't with her. I didn't know our friendship would last this long and would be strong like this. Each day, I was silently hoping that our relationship weren't friends but romantically.

"You look really stressed" pinatong ko sa table ang chocolate na binili ko at umupo sa tabi nya. Kahapon pa sya stressed kaya naman I bought chocolates.

I scanned the table full of books, papers and different colors of highlighters. Was she studying all along? She looks tired.

"Ayoko na. Pwede bang wag nalang magdoctor?" She asked then rested her head to my shoulder.

"You can always give up on your dreams but are you willing to give up? Are you ready to be bugged at night by your what ifs and what coulds?"

She looked at me and shook her head.