1. The Ultimatum

Dear Damon,

Louisiana is indeed a great state. The food is great, full of soul, something I do not have anymore. The people are delicious and so nice. I should be feel bad for compelling and feeding on people, but I don't. It's so refreshing and exhilarating. Ever since I adopted this 'straight from the vein' diet that I feel stronger, like no one can actually beat me.

Stefan has been trying to contact me but I still haven't got back to him. Our brother is so annoying and such a party pooper. You were the fun brother! He texted me a bunch of times saying how much he misses me but I just deleted all his texts. Now, I have to go. New Orleans is calling me and I think I will thrive here.

I arrived at a bar in the French Quarter and I saw a bunch of guys by the pool table. His heads turned as soon as they saw me and I felt incredibly powerful. Ever since I flipped the switch, it's been so easy to let loose and do whatever the hell I want. I sat on a stool and flirted with the bartender. "I'll have a bottle of bourbon, handsome." I winked at him and he smiled.

He put a bottle on the counter and handed me a glass. "You must be new cause I never saw you around." He said with a southern accent.

I poured some bourbon on my glass and took a big gulp. "I'm not new, handsome. But it's my first time here in a while." I poured more liquor and he stared at me. "And I'm looking for some fun."

"My shift ends in ten minutes if you want me to show you around." He looked into my brown eyes and I could see the desire inside them.

I licked my lips and leaned forward so our faces were inches apart. "What's your name, handsome?" I grabbed his collar.

"Jeremy." He replied, his green eyes still locked with mine.

His name reminded me of a part of my past I was trying hard to forget. "Well, Jeremy, we're gonna have one hell of a night." I smirked and sat back on the stool.

***

The bartender and I headed to the back alley of the bar and he pushed me against the wall and kissed me feverishly. "You're so hot!" He whispered into my ear, his warm breath hitting me.

I grabbed his collar and rolled over so he was against the wall. "I like to be in charge." He smirked and crashed his lips into mine. I slowly traveled my lips to his neck and I could feel his pulse rising. I pulled away and stared into his green eyes. "Let's play a game!"

"Whatever you want." He replied quickly.

My gaze intensified and I knew his mind was ready for my compulsion. "I'm gonna feed on you, drink some of your blood and when I'm done you're gonna think we had sex and brag about how great it was."

His eyes never escaped mine and he nodded. "Do it!"

I smirked and vamped out, licking my sharp white fangs. I bit his neck and blood started oozing out while I fed on this handsome bartender that happened to have the same name as my ex-boyfriend.

"Stop!" I heard someone from behind saying. I turned around and saw Elijah Mikaelson in the same alley as me. "Amelia Salvatore!" He grinned and stepped closer to me. "Release the poor man from your compulsion."

I sighed and looked into the bartender's green eyes. "You're free to go! Remember our deal." He nodded and I rolled my eyes in annoyance as my meal left. "Why are you here?" I asked bluntly, no emotion whatsoever.

Elijah walked up to me. "You're in my town now and you should play by the rules." He calmly stated. "Your brother Stefan called and told me you lost your humanity."

"Stefan should mind his own business and leave me the hell alone." I scoffed and turned around, leaving Elijah alone. Damn this Original and his freaking rules! I'm Mia Salvatore and no tells me what to do.

***

The next morning, I finished feeding on the housekeeper and left my loft. My phone was ringing and when I looked at the called ID, I saw Stefan's name. My brother doesn't know when to quit! I declined the call and walked around the city.

I ended up near a magic shop and saw Elijah Mikaelson, the noble one. He walking with his head held high as if he owned the whole city. New Orleans wasn't his. "Elijah!" I shouted and he looked at my direction. I walked up to him and smirked. "We need to talk about what happened yesterday."

Elijah fixed up his tie and looked at me with a stern expression. "Amelia, Klaus and I have worked hard for this city and you're using it as your buffet. That's disrespectful!" He scolded me as if I was a child.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You don't own New Orleans!" I stepped closer to him and looked right into his eyes. "Compel me if you want but I won't stop having fun." I grinned.

He grabbed my wrist and twirled me around, tightening his grip. "I'm aware you're mourning your brother's death, however, it does not give you the right to step into New Orleans and use the residents of the French Quarter." He released my wrist and I turned to face him. "Amelia, you may not believe but we're at war and my family no longer owns the French Quarter." His expression changed, his eyes were filled with worry. "If you're caught feeding, they will kill you."

"I'm not scared!" I stated. "I lost my brother, my boyfriend and my humanity. Do you think I'm afraid to die?" His eyes were glued on mine. "Your enemies can suck it because if they come after me, I will shred them."

Elijah shook his head and glared at me. "You leave me no choice." He stepped closer to me. "Stop feeding on humans or I will personally rip your heart out and send it to your brother." The Original sped away and I looked at the direction he took.

Who the hell does Elijah Mikaelson think he is? No one threatens me and walks away. I have the Salvatore name to uphold and Elijah will rue the day he faced me!