41. Deadlines

Dear Damon,

Elijah daggered Klaus right in front of me and I feel terrible for not being able to help him. I accepted Freya's deal and promised myself to leave New Orleans as soon as Dahlia is dead. Mystic Falls is my home and I should have never left. Everything here is over dramatic and dangerous, even more so than Silas or the Travelers.

The hardest part of leaving New Orleans is not being able to see Klaus ever again. I know you dislike him but he's the love of my life and I don't know if I will ever be in love again. You know, I'm just like you when it comes to love. It's ride or die for us, my brother!

I placed my journal on top of my nightstand and headed to the front door. After driving for a while, I parked near the compound and waltzed inside as if I owned the place. Klaus was inside a coffin with the gold dagger in him, like a sacrificial lamb. "Klaus..." I held his hand and focused hard enough so I could enter his mind.

"Amelia!" Klaus called my name and I turned my head to him. It worked! "It's a violation of privacy being inside my head. You might see some unpure thoughts of mine about you." He smirked.

I hit his arm playfully and smiled at his angelic face. "This is the only way I have to communicate with you." I bit my bottom lip. "If I undagger you, Freya will kill you and I can't have that!"

Klaus picked a flower from the floor and placed on my hair. "There is a storm coming and I need you to protect Hope." I nodded and he continued. "The deal you made with Freya might be helpful in the long haul. You were smart."

I looked at him. "So you're not mad at me for what I did?"

The Original hybrid smiled brightly. "I could never get mad at the woman I'm going to spend eternity with." He tilted my chin and pecked my red lips. "I love you, Amelia. Forever and always!"

***

Cami called me and asked me to stop by Rousseau's. When I arrived, I saw Elijah standing next to Camille and I was pissed. That man drove a gold dagger through his brother's chest so I hated him for it. "I have nothing to say to that man." I folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes.

The blonde girl sighed and faced the both of us. "I know you two are not seeing eye to eye right now but I need to talk to the both of you." She turned to Elijah, her green eyes glowing. "Klaus didn't kill Aiden."

I furrowed my eyebrows and took a step closer to her. "How do you know that?" I asked, knowing that Klaus only confided in me.

"Klaus left me a voicemail saying that he only took the blame for Aiden's death to control the pack by fear." Cami explained.

My heart was aching right now. Klaus told someone else about his plan without even asking me first. "That is true! I've been defending Klaus since the beginning but no one believed me." I rolled my eyes.

Elijah looked at the both of us and cleared his throat. "I am slightly relieved that my brother did not claim the life of an innocent person."

I smiled softly. "That means you can undagger Nik since he didn't kill Aiden." I looked at him with hopeful eyes.

The Original gave me a stern look and sighed. "It is not going to happen, Amelia." He adjusted his tie. "Niklaus was out of control and my decision still stands."

"You're such a dick!" I spat in anger and left the bar. Klaus didn't deserve to be daggered for something he didn't do.

***

Freya Mikaelson asked for my presence at the compound to discuss a plan to defeat Dahlia. I was so not in the mood for a Mikaelson family meeting after what happened at Rousseau's. "Whatever you have to tell me, be fast. I honestly have no patience to be bossed around." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

The blonde witch smirked. "Your attitude will come in handy when facing Dahlia." She commented. "But I called you here to serve as mediator. Elijah still doesn't trust me."

"And apparently I shouldn't." Elijah said while walking down the stairs. "You forced me and Rebekah to choose your side but that does not mean I trust you completely."

I flipped long red hair and grinned. "She also forced me to be her ally so I guess we have that in common."

Freya sighed and then looked at his brother. "I have a plan to lure Dahlia and finish her once and for all."

Elijah stared at his sister with doubtful eyes. "And what is your master plan, Freya?" He stood next to me. "Dahlia has been able to lay low and she hasn't even tried to come close to Hope."

The older Mikaelson smirked. "My brother, Dahlia is just waiting for the right opportunity to take Hope. And now is the time." Her grin grew wider. "Klaus is neutralized and everyone is concerned about Aiden's death, which is exactly what she intended." She walked closer to where Elijah and I were standing. "She killed the werewolf to turn everyone against Klaus and it worked. So we must use Hope to lure her in."

The Original furrowed his eyebrows. "We are not using Hope as bait!" He stared at his sister in disbelief. "The whole point is to protect my niece, not to expose her."

"We're all gonna be here to protect Hope, but Freya's plan is actually good and it's the only one we have right now." I said. "Unless you have a better idea, Elijah. Please share with the class." I gave him a sassy look.

Elijah glared at me and shook his head. "I am not going to let Hope serve as bait and that is my final answer!"

Freya looked as Elijah entered the house and then turned to me. "Thank you for backing me up. I appreciate the fact that you are keeping your end of the bargain."

"Do I have a choice?" I took one last look at Freya and walked away. I felt terrible for agreeing with her but Klaus needs to be free from his siblings cruelty and the only way to do that is by killing Dahlia.