9. Delusional

"Mia, wake up!" I heard a familiar voice speak softly. 

My eyes opened and I was laying on a bed in the middle of a field. I had a white gown on and the sun was shining brightly. I looked to my right, and my brother Damon was sitting next me with a huge smile on his face. "Damon?" I hugged my brother and smiled like I haven't done in a while. "I thought you were dead!"

Damon pulled away from the embrace and looked into my eyes. "I would never leave you." He kissed my forehead and his smile faded. "But you left me when you decided to turn your back on Stefan, Elena, Jeremy and everyone else. They needed you and you left because it was easy."

A tear streamed down my face. "None of it was easy! Your death was the hardest thing I had to deal with because this time it wasn't a lie. You really died Damon!" I cried.

"And now it's your turn to die." My brother put his bare hands around my throat and started to choke me. His grip was so tight that I couldn't breathe.

I gasped for air and touched my neck to make sure no one was choking me. That's when I saw Elijah bleeding and chained, while Esther, now possessing Lenore, watched him carefully. "If your goal is to torture me, making me hallucinate my brother is not gonna work, witch."

Esther looked at me and smiled. "Oh, dear... I wasn't even manipulating your dreams. The werewolf venom is already affecting you." She walked up to me. "Long enough, you will die and I know my children would never forgive me if I let that happen."

"Why is Elijah unconscious?" I asked, wincing from pain caused by the bite.

She looked at her son and smiled deviously. "This is just part one of his purification. He needs to renounce everything that is evil." She stated.

I scoffed. "Elijah isn't evil! He's the most noble of your kids which is annoying to me considering he nearly rained on my parade." I smirked. "You're quite possibly the worst mother in history."

Esther glared at me. "My son is about to find out what truly happened to the love of his life." She turned to Elijah and smiled. "Aren't you, dearest Elijah?" This woman was crazy and I didn't have the strength to leave this place.

***

Elijah kept saying the name Tatia over and over again, until he finally woke up. "Elijah, are you okay?" I stood next to him. "Your nasty mother left a while ago. I bet she's trying to break you."

His eyes were widened in fear. "I killed her..." He whispered. "I killed Tatia. It wasn't our mother." Elijah looked into my brown eyes with a terrified expression. "Amelia, you must leave now!"

"She is leaving." Esther said from behind me. "Amelia, my children care about you so I must keep you alive." She smiled at me. "I thought about purifying you as well but when I looked inside your head, I realized you are already pure."

I glared at the Original witch. "What are you talking about? There's nothing pure about me! I'm as much of a monster as your children."

Esther gently touched my cheek. "Are you referring to the loss of your humanity or the fact that you're a vampire?"

"Both." I spat in anger.

She smirked and then stared deep into my eyes. "Amelia, you may have lost your soul and you need blood to survive, but you are pure to the core and have such a radiating light. You are capable of saving Niklaus if you want."

Elijah glanced between me and his mother. "Just let Amelia go. She has nothing to do with this war between us."

Esther caressed Elijah's cheek and smiled. "Sweet Elijah, I will release Amelia." She blew some dust to my face and I started feeling dizzy. "Finn! Take Amelia home." She shouted and then I blacked out.

***

Blood was dripping from the ceiling and I could smell it. I opened my eyes and saw the bodies of my family's servants in my old room. I looked in the mirror and saw my whole body covered in blood so I screamed. The door immediately opened and I saw my father. "Amelia, sweetheart, why are you screaming?"

I ran to his arms and wrapped my arms around his torso. "What is happening, father? Why am I covered in blood?" I cried.

My father pulled away from the hug and looked at me with a sadistic smile. "You don't remember?" His expression was now darker. "You killed them all. You're a monster, Amelia!"

"No!" I screamed and when I opened my eyes, I saw Hayley and Marcel sitting near my bed. Finn brought me to my loft for some reason. "What am I doing here?" I asked, really confused about everything.

Hayley stepped closer to me and smiled. "Vincent called and told us you were in critical condition." She looked at me concerned. "You were bitten by a werewolf..."

I interrupted her. "I know I was bitten by a werewolf, Hayley! Where's Klaus so he can heal me?" I sighed. "I know I've been avoiding me but I was expecting him to swoop in and save me like he always does."

Marcel stood up and looked outside the window. "Klaus is missing. Mikael lured him and we haven't heard from him."

Hayley touched my hand and I flinched. "Where is Elijah?" I shrugged. "I know you were with him when Esther took him. Where does she have him locked up?"

I sighed. "It's some sort of basememnt or cave..." My head was pounding. "I don't know where it is though. She drugged me before Finn could bring me here."

"Let's divide and conquer!" Hayley turned to Marcel. "Take Mia to Klaus so he can heal her. She doesn't have much time." She looked at me. "I'm gonna try to find Elijah and save him from his psychotic mother."

I grabbed Hayley's arm and looked into her green eyes. "Esther wants to purify him so he can transfer to another body. She's torturing him!" She nodded and I stood up to leave with Marcel in search for Klaus.