24. The Search

Klaus dragged me along in his search for Hayley in order to stop the divulgement ceremony. She was somewhere with Jackson and the Original hybrid was hellbent on finding them both. The sky was getting darker and darker but no sign of Hayley Marshall. "Can I be real with you?" I asked and Klaus shot me a look. "Hayley would never put Hope in danger, even if Jackson knew the truth. I highly doubt he would betray his soon-to-be wife."

The blue-eyed hybrid stared into my eyes and took a step closer to me. "Do you truly believe that werewolf would keep my daughter's survival a secret?" His stare was so intense it made me tremble. "If Hayley tells anyone about Hope, I will personally rip her heart out and feed it to the wolves."

Hayley and Jakson showed up and were surprised to see us. "Klaus! Mia!" The hybrid glanced between the two of us. "Mary told us you two were looking for me."

Klaus smirked and immediately walked behind Hayley. "Little Wolf, I learned to respect you but you gave me no other choice." He snapped her neck and grinned deviously. "Now, she will wake up soon, unless you tell me exactly what she confessed to you."

Jackson glared at the Original hybrid and clenched his fists. "Hayley told me she has feelings for Elijah, which I already knew." He stated, clearly lying.

His grandmother, Mary, showed up and held a stake. "You let go of my grandson or I will stake you through the heart." She threatened.

The werewolf looked at the elderly woman. "Grandma, it's not necessary! I'm willing to go with Klaus and work out whatever issues he has with me." He gave her a reassurance nod. Mary put the stake down and walked over to Hayley, who was still unconscious.

"Wise decision!" Klaus said before taking Jackson and leaving. I decided to stay with Hayley and Mary until she woke up, fearing for Jackson's life. Klaus was scared that his little secret would come out and was willing to do whatever it took to ensure Hope's safety.

***

After Hayley woke up, she panicked and immediately asked about Jackson "Where's Jackson? Did Klaus get to him?"

I looked at her and shook my head. "He grabbed Jackson and left." I informed her.

"Why didn't you go with them to make sure Jackson was safe?" Hayley asked in a frenzy. "We need to make sure Klaus doesn't hurt him."

Mary glanced at Hayley. "Your friend decided to stay here to make sure you were alright. That Mikaelson hybrid is the one to blame. He was enraged and wouldn't listen to this girl." She pointed at me.

Hayley sighed and grabbed my forearm. "You are coming with me to look for Klaus and Jackson." She looked at me with pleading eyes. "You're the only one Klaus listens to. Please, Mia!" I nodded and left with her.

After a while, the hybrid and I found Klaus and Jackson in the middle of the bayou. "Jackson!" Hayley screamed before running towards the beaten werewolf. Klaus really did a number on Jackson and Hope's mother glared at him. "How could you hurt him like this?" She accused him.

Klaus smirked and wiped the blood off his hands. "Well, love, he could be dangerous to our family and I do not approve of this marriage. You can do so much better!" His smile was devious and I barely recognized him.

"I didn't tell him anything! The only truth I told him was about me and your brother." Hayley shouted and her eyes were glowing yellow.

I put myself in the middle of them and glared at Klaus. "Hayley, take Jackson to the cabin and take care of his wounds!" I ordered her and she left with a bruised werewolf. "Klaus, you're coming with me to the compound!" He was about to protest but I gave him a stern look. "Don't even try to defend yourself. I'm very disappointed!" He glared but started walking away with me.

***

Klaus and I arrived at the compound and I poured myself a glass of scotch. "Aren't you going to scold me like a little child?" The Original hybrid smirked.

I glared at him and sat down while sipping on the liquor. "I give up, Klaus!" I said while looking away. "You will never listen to anyone else. I'm actually amazed by how you can pronounce all the loving words you say to me because you're selfish, manipulative and ruthless." I was already shouting at this point. "Are you even capable of loving anyone else?"

"What I did was to protect my daughter." Klaus stated with hurtful eyes. "And yes, I would kill to guarantee her safety but that does not mean that my love for you is not real." He got on his knees in front of me and cupped my face. "Amelia, you're the only woman I love even with all the darkness I have inside of me."

A tear streamed down my cheek and I looked straight into his blue eyes. "I love you... I just can't deal with your dark side." I pursed my lips. "You need to protect Hope and I'm a distraction."

Klaus shook his head and I could tell his eyes were getting glossy. "You are the only person who gives me strength. My world is turned upside down due to all my enemies. When I saw you in New Orleans after being a year apart from you, it made me so happy." He smiled softly. "You're my light, Little Red!"

I kissed his forehead and smiled. "You're my light too, Nik, but we shouldn't be together. Not now. In order to protect Hope and fight your enemies, we need to stay focused on our endgame." My hands touched his and my eyes locked with his beautiful blue ones. "After everything is resolved, we can be together. I promise."

The Original hybrid stood up and wiped a few tears from his eyes. "Then leave!" He said. I tried to talk to him but he glared at me. "Please, Amelia!" He pleaded and I left, sobbing about our conversation. I never wanted for this to end like that but what he did was too much to handle.