33. The Rite of Nines

Dear Damon,

The dinner Klaus organized to make sure Freya was on his side was a bust. He still distrusts her despite everything she told us. I think Freya really wants to keep Dahlia away from Hope and the Mikaelsons, but Klaus was never wrong when it came to pinpoint his enemies. The truth is, I'm confused, yet my urge is to trust Klaus.

In other news, Davina and I have been getting along since she moved in with me and she even agreed to help Rebekah in the whole evil witch situation. Witches in Mystic Falls were way nicer and I miss those simple times. I just wish I could help my best friend myself but I'm not a witch.

I heard the door open so I headed to the living room where I saw Marcel and Davina. "Where were you? I was worried about you!" I hurried to hug the troubled young witch. "How was it with Rebekah?"

Davina had a guilty expression on her face. "I couldn't help her, Mia." She bit her bottom lip while glancing at Marcel. "Eva Sinclair took control of her body and tried to kill me. If it wasn't for Marcel, I would have died."

My eyes widened while I scanned Davina for any bruise or cut. "But are you okay?" I pulled her into a warm embrace. "Next time, call me and I will drop everything just to make sure you're okay."

Marcel chuckled while folding his arms over his chest. "You look like a worried mom! Besides, I always take care of my girl." He put his arm around Davina's shoulder and smiled.

"You two are way overprotective." The teen witch complained with a raised eyebrow. "I'm gonna take a shower." She left the room.

I immediately turned to Marcel and furrowed my eyes. "We need to tell Klaus about what happened to Rebekah. She's his sister and he deserves to know." Marcel nodded and I texted Klaus just like he usually does to me.

***

Klaus entered my loft without knocking at the same time Davina finished her shower. "Next time, knock on the door. Rude!" I rolled my eyes.

The Original hybrid scoffed. "I do not care, love." He grabbed my hand and kissed it gently. "Now, why did you have to tell me that is so urgent?" Klaus pulled out his phone and scrolled through the screen. "According to your text 'Come now cuz drama. It's urgent so put your game face on and hurry your ass.' Honestly, I couldn't understand a thing." He stated.

I glanced between Davina and Marcel and pursed my lips. "Okay, so I asked Davina to help Bekah but that bitch Eva regained control of her body and your sister is trapped inside of it all helpless." I blurted out.

Klaus knitted his brows together. "My youngest sister is trapped inside a psychotic witch's body all powerless and with no chance of getting out?"

"When you put it like that, it sounds worse than it is." I looked deeply into his blue eyes. "We know what Eva wants and I guess it makes it easier to stop her."

Marcel cleared his throat. "If she decides to stop." I glared at him in annoyance.

Davina stood right beside me and looked at Klaus. "I found out that Eva Sinclair is trying to complete the Rite of Nines which consists in some heavy dark magic that not even I can access."

"What's the Rite of Nines?" Klaus questioned.

The young witch sighed. "The Rite of Nines is a sacrificial ritual where a witch kills one of the witches of each of the nine covens in New Orleans. It was never completed and it requires a really high level of magic." She explained. "After the ritual is done, the witch will achieve a whole new powerful level which is why she wants to kill me. I'm the last witch she needs to kill to complete the Rite of Nines." I was shocked to hear this new information. Not only is my best friend in danger, but so is my roommate.

***

Josh stopped by the loft to stay with Davina while Klaus, Marcel and I headed to the compound for an urgent meeting. Our goal was to keep both Davina and Rebekah safe from that psycho. "I asked you all to come because we need to find a way to destroy Eva Sinclair." Klaus announced.

"What happened?" Hayley asked with a worried expression. She was really close with Bekah.

I sighed while crossing my arms over my chest. "Eva Sinclair, aka the psycho witch killer, has regained control of her body while Rebekah is trapped there."

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows. "Niklaus, we have to ask Freya for help. She spent time with our sister and she's powerful just like Eva." He looked at me for support. "Vincent told us that Eva is powerful, even more so than him."

My eyes traveled to the blue eyed hybrid. "He's not wrong! You may not trust Freya but your baby sister is in danger and Davina is not strong enough to take on Eva Sinclair alone." I emphasized Elijah's plea. 

"Yeah and I don't want Davina to be in danger just because of your damn pride." Marcel stated and I chuckled.

Klaus sighed while glaring at all of us. "Fine! I will ask Freya for help but just so you know, I'm not pleased with it."

Hayley cleared her throat. "Elijah and I can talk to Josephine. She might be willing to help." Elijah nodded and they shared a very conspicuous look.

I raised an eyebrow at the two of them and then turned to Klaus. "And I can go meet with Vincent since he has inside information about Eva and the Rite of Nines."

Marcel looked at me and smirked. "I'll go with you just to make sure you don't kill the guy." I glared at him and he scoffed.

"Do not think for a second that you can take advantage of my Little Red." Klaus warned Marcel while stepping closer to him, their faces only inches apart. "Amelia is mine!"

I rolled my eyes and stepped between the two alpha males. "Hold your horses! I'm going with Marcel and that's final." I stated. Then, I leaned closer to Klaus and whispered in his ear. "Maybe later you can make me yours." I grinned and Klaus licked his lips in lust. I love teasing the stubborn hybrid!