30. Leverage

I saw Josh sitting on a step at the bottom of the stairs and I put my hand on his broad shoulder gently. "Hey! I have a proposition for you." I wiggled my eyebrows and smirked.

"You know I'm gay, right?" He raised and eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously." I grabbed his hand and pulled him from the stairs. "We have a young witch to cheer up."

Josh smiled and we climbed into my car. "You and Davina are finally getting along." He stated while buckling the seatbelt. I gave him a quick smile before starting the engine.

We arrived at the loft and I immediately opened the door. "Davina!" I shouted. "You have a visitor." I smiled and nudged Josh in the arm.

Davina popped up from the bathroom with gloves on her hands and a messy bun. "Josh!" She smiled brightly and jumped into his arms. "I didn't know you were coming." He put her back on the floor and she looked at me. "I was scrubbing the tub. It was dirty!"

I raised an eyebrow and folded my arms over my chest. "Why were you cleaning my bathtub?" I closed my eyes and shook my head. "You know what? I don't even care."

Josh sat on the couch while Davina threw the gloves into the counter and fixed her messy brown hair. "So, how are you doing?" He asked.

The young witch sighed heavily before sitting next to her best friend. "It's been one day at a time." She leaned back and glanced at the ceiling. "I miss Kol and I cry everyday but Mia has been a good friend."

I smiled while grabbing my keys. "You need to stop moping around so get ready for a girls' night out." My eyes landed on Josh. "Your friend can come too." I winked before leaving the loft and closing the door behind me.

When I reached the front door of my building, I put on my sunglasses and inhaled the warm breeze of New Orleans. Before I could take a step, I felt a huge ache in my head and I immediately blacked out.

***

"Why isn't she waking up?" I heard a female voice as if it was an echo. "Are you sure this girl will take us to him?"

I opened my brown eyes and groaned in pain. "She's already waking up." A male voice spoke and then I heard footsteps coming my way. "Hello, Amelia!"

My eyes were now focused on the male figure. "Where am I?" I glanced around but my vision was slightly blurry, until I looked at the man again. "Mikael!" I gasped in fear. "Let me out!"

The blonde woman approached me as well and tilted her head in curiosity. "Huh! I can see what my brother sees in her." She tucked a strand of my red hair behind my ear. "She's gorgeous." The woman smiled.

Mikael made sure the rope was tight enough and I could feel it was laced with vervain. "Amelia is rather pretty but she is still a monster like most of my children." He spat.

"Why am I here?" I glared at the both of them. "If you think you can get to Klaus, you're wrong. We're not even together." I shouted in annoyance.

The Original vampire hunter grinned at me. "Niklaus is madly in love with you which makes me wonder how he is capable of having such pure feelings."

I smirked at the Mikaelson patriarch. "You underestimate Klaus. He is not a monster like everyone thinks." My mind wandered to Klaus, the beautiful devil. "Your son is a loving man with a great heart."

The blonde woman smiled while leaning next to her father. "My name is Freya, Niklaus' older sister." She started walking around me. "You seem to be in love with my brother which will be helpful since you're my leverage." Her smile turned wicked and I could feel chills down my spine.

***

My hands were still tied and I couldn't help but glare at the two Mikaelsons. "You two are insane to think Klaus would give up his daughter's safety for me." I laughed sarcastically. "I'm just a piece of ass he wants to tap."

Mikael grabbed a wooden stake and walked towards me. "After I'm done with Niklaus, I will gladly finish you off. You're as much of an abomination as him."

I heard a noise and smiled, knowing someone was here to save me. The door opened and I could see Elijah. "Nobody warned me of this delightful family reunion!" The Original stated. "Let the girl go and perhaps we can talk." He demanded.

Freya nodded at Mikael who immediately cut the ropes to free me. "Where is Niklaus?" The blonde witch asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I am here, big sister!" Klaus smirked and then glanced at me to make sure I was alright. "Rebekah filled me in and I must say that you look exactly like our mother. She also tried to use Amelia as leverage to get me but I am untouchable." He commented with a smug look on his face.

Mikael grabbed me by the waist and held the stake to my heart. "I swear I will kill this precious redhead right in front of you, you bastard!"

Freya glared at her father. "Let her go!" She shouted. "I never meant to kill Amelia, just like I do not plan on killing Hope." Her eyes were filled with honesty. Mikael let me go and I joined Klaus who was glaring at his sister. "The truth is I want to save Hope from the tragic fate I had. We're on the same side, Niklaus."

Klaus put himself in front of me, a sign of protection. "How can I trust you after everything you have done?" He spat.

"Before you dismiss me, you should know this." The witch said. "If I've woken from my slumber, Dahlia has as well. Once she's sensed your child's magic, she will come for her. And she has the power to kill anyone who stands in her way... unless we kill her first."

My eyes widened in fear for Hope and everyone else. This Dahlia character seems scary and I don't know if it's wise to go after her.