15. Alliances

Dear Damon,

Klaus has a plan to get Kol and Finn to turn against Esther and I think it will work. All I need to do is make sure that Kol gets suspicious of his mother in order to switch sides. I'm an expert when it comes to Kol so I'm pretty confident.

I still haven't told Klaus about my humanity or my feelings for him. His phone broke and he never heard my message which is quite a relief. Cami, Hayley and I have become friends and I truly like them. Marcel is not antagonizing me anymore and Josh has been really cool. The only person that actually worries me is Elijah. Ever since he found out the truth about Tatia's death, he's been acting out and we are all concerned. Hopefully, it will all work out in the end.

"Good morning!" Hayley smiled at me and I did the same.

I sat across from her on the kitchen table and poured some coffee on my mug. "So, any plans for today?" I asked while spreading peanut butter on a toast.

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Can I ask you something?" Hayley asked and I nodded. "Since you returned from Mystic Falls you've been nicer, you don't go out to feed and even got a stash of bloodbags here." She eyed me suspiciously. "Either you got your humanity back or you have ulterior motives."

I took a bite of my toast and smirked. "Obviously, I have ulterior motives." I wiggled my eyebrows and grinned. "Elijah is out of control and if he caught me feeding he would kill me and I'm too pretty to die. Also, I'm behaving this way so I can focus on destroying Esther and then go back to Mystic Falls." I explained and he jaw dropped.

"You're thinking about moving back to Mystic Falls?" I heard a voice coming from behind me and when I turned around I saw Klaus. "I thought you were here to stay." His eyes were filled with hurt and I felt guilty.

I tried to pretend it didn't affect me and I smiled. "Of course! My brother is alive and Mystic Falls is my home." I eyed him carefully. "I came back here because I promised to help you." Klaus didn't say a word and left, leaving Hayley and I confused.

***

I was in my loft when someone knocked on the door. "I'm coming!" I stood up and headed towards the door and opened it. "Rebekah!" I was shocked to see the blonde Original but immediately hugged her. "What are you doing here?"

Rebekah came inside with a baby in her arms and looked at me, her blue eyes were terrified. "My mother found out where I was hiding with Hope." She gently kissed Hope's forehead. "Nik trusted me to keep his daughter safe so I ran here."

I looked at baby Hope and smiled. "How did you know I was here?" I asked surprised.

"Nik told me." She looked at me up and down and raised an eyebrow. "He also said you flipped the switch but you look exactly the same."

I sighed. "I got my humanity back but only you and Cami know. I did something stupid!" My eyes traveled to the window while I remembered the message I left for Klaus.

Rebekah put Hope to sleep and sat next to me. "I'm curious to know what you did." She wiggled her eyebrows. "Did you sleep with anyone in Mystic Falls?"

I shook my head from side to side and shot her a look of disgust. "I confessed my feelings for your brother Klaus to his answering machine but he never got the voicemail." I sighed and buried my head in my hands "I feel like a stupid teenager!"

"You are a stupid teenager!" She chuckled and I glared at my blonde friend. "It took you a long time to realize you were in love with my brother. Everybody knew but you." She said as if I were dumb.

I watched Hope sleep and smiled. "I'm glad you're back! Klaus will be thrilled to see his daughter and Hayley will be relieved." Rebekah nodded and we stood there in silence.

***

Klaus and Hayley were in the compound and I showed up with Rebekah and Hope. Hayley ran to her daughter and Klaus smiled at his sister while kissing his baby girl. "Family reunions are sweet but we have business to discuss." I said and Klaus nodded.

The Original hybrid pulled me inside and poured a glass of scotch for him. "We are finally ready to take down Esther."

I smirked. "You have a plan then?" He nodded and I snatched the glass from his hands. "Well, I wanna hear it."

Klaus grin grew wider and I couldn't help but smile. "Rebekah and I will speak to our brother Finn and show him our mother's true colors." His intense look was sending shivers down my spine. "In the meantime, you will use your charm and talk to Kol. He's just as reckless as you are and his loyalty to Esther is quite weak. Kol just wants revenge!"

I nodded and took a sip of the scotch. "It will be easy to turn Kol against Esther. He doesn't want he family reunited like your sick mother. Besides, he's in love." I raised an eyebrow and smirked.

"Make sure Davina is out of Esther's radar." Klaus stared at me with his beautiful blue eyes. "If she is in danger, Kol will never take our side."

I stepped closer to Klaus and smirked. "Don't worry! The little witch is busy with other things."

Klaus smiled. "Hayley is trying to turn the werewolves against Esther as well. She's controlling them via magic but Little Wolf is a natural born leader." He grinned. "I'm sure she can break the magic bond."

"She did help your hybrids break the sire bond so I have total faith in her." I finished the scotch and then looked at Klaus. "What about Elijah?"

The Original hybrid smirked. "My noble brother is too busy with Marcel and his vampires. I made sure he wouldn't interrupt our plan."

I nodded and smiled at the beautiful man standing in front of me. "Cheers to that!" I raised my empty glass and Klaus poured some more scotch. Pretending to be humanity free has become so natural that sometimes it doesn't seem like I'm pretending.