8. Keep Watch

I was in my loft getting ready for the surveillance mission when someone knocked on my door. Once I opened it, I saw Kol Mikaelson with a distraught look on his face. "I need to speak to you, Mia." He said while running his fingers through his curly brown hair.

"Talk fast cause I have somewhere to be." I put on my signature red lipstick. "What is it?"

Kol sat on my couch and sighed. "My mother is planning something for tonight. She said she wanted to purify my brothers just like she did to me."

I turned around to face him and raised my perfectly plucked eyebrow. "Purify? What does that even mean?"

"My mother doesn't want to kill my siblings, she wants to put them in new bodies so they're no longer abominations, as she calls them." Kol said.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's Esther's master plan? To find them new bodies so they can be witches?" I chuckled. "Your mother is insane!"

Kol looked into my brown eyes. "Is that such a bad thing?" His expression was serious. "They have killed more people that I can count and caused everyone nothing but misery." He shook his head. "My mother wants her family back and so do I."

I touched his hand. "You have killed and tortured plenty of people as well." My grip tightened. "Esther wants your siblings to do her dirty work for her. It's called minions, check it out." I released his hand and smirked.

Kol's blue eyes glared at me. "You need to get your humanity back, Mia. This new you doesn't suit you." He stood up. "The Mia I fell in love with would never be this cold and distant."

"Yeah? The Mia you fell in love with is dead." I flailed my arms. "You and Klaus need to mourn her before I go on a little killing spree. I can't deal with everyone telling me they miss the old me."

He turned to the door and then glanced at me. "Fine, I won't tell you anything like that anymore." He left my loft and I sighed heavily.

***

I arrived at Rousseau's and immediately spotted Vincent/Finn on his phone. I took a sit on a bar stool and asked for a beer. "Are you Mia?" A cute guy asked me.

"Yes." I nooded and smiled. "And who are you?" I asked, clearly flirting with him.

He sat next to me and extended his hand for me to shake. "I'm Josh. Marcel told me to search for a redhead with a bad attitude."

The bartender handed me a beer and I took a sip of it. "I don't know why Marcel dislikes so much. It's not like I tried to kill him." I smirked. "Although, that would be fun."

Josh gave me a look of confusion and then looked at Finn. "This task is boring but I don't know if I would be able to function in a fight." He sighed. "I'm struggling with my identity. Klaus turned me against my will and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do."

"You can party with me." I suggested before taking a sip of my beer. "New Orleans is the best city to hook up with random strangers and feed on them."

The young vampire widened his brown eyes. "I don't feel comfortable with that."

I raised my beer bottle slightly and raised an eyebrow at him. "When you're as old as me, you will appreciate the beauty of feeding without killing. I haven't killed anyone since I flipped the switch."

Josh gasped. "You flipped the switch? Why?" He asked curiously. "I mean, you're a pretty girl and seem to have everything under control."

"My brother died after promising he would come back." I could feel a change inside of me. "I knew that if I had kept my humanity, I wouldn't be able to deal with his death and I decided to keep the little control I have over my emotions and just lose them." I took a big gulp. "That's what the Salvatore siblings do best, run away from their problems." I noticed Finn was no longer sitting. "I'm gonna follow him. Text Marcel and tell him Vincent is on the move." He nodded and I left the bar.

***

Finn arrived at a parking lot and hid behind a block. I glanced around the apparently deserted parking lot and wondered why Finn headed there. Then, I saw Hayley, Marcel and Elijah with a few teens. Were those the newly transformed werewolves? They were so young!

"Mia! What are you doing here?" Marcel asked, shocked by my presence. "Josh said you were following Vincent."

I nodded and signaled him to keep quiet. "Finn is here and he's watching you." I whispered and he nodded. I turned around and smirked. "Finn!!" I shouted. "There's no need to hide."

A pack of wolves controlled by Finn showed up and then I caught a glimpse of the Original. "What is with you and werewolves?" I chuckled. "Couldn't you get a better creature?"

"Amelia!" Elijah shouted and sped up to stand in front of me. "You need to leave and help Hayley and Marcel."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hell no! We're gonna fight together like family, remember?" I smirked and he shook his head.

Elijah faced the werewolves. "A werewolf bite cannot kill me but it will kill you." He glanced at me. "Leave, Amelia."

"Klaus can heal me if I get bitten." I stared at the werewolves and smirked. "Come and get me, dirty dogs!" I ran from the wolves and a few of them followed me, leaving the rest to face Elijah's wrath.

A werewolf shoved me against a wall and growled. "You can't run, little girl." 

Another one stood right above but I was able to kick him. When I stood up, a wolf lunged at me and bit me. I looked at the blood and smirked sarcastically. "Why am I always getting bitten by damn werewolves?"

Finn held his hand up and I felt a painful sting in my head. "How do you feel about meeting my mother?" He asked while caressing my cheek. Stupid Mikaelson dysfunctional family! My head was still aching just like the bite. Finally, I blacked out.