40. The Gold Dagger

After my talk with Klaus, I arrived at my loft and immediately spotted Davina and Josh. "Oh, I didn't know you had someone over." I nearly stuttered.

"Josh needs a place to stay for tonight after Aiden..." Davina gave me a look and I nodded. "Do you mind?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not at all." I walked behind the kitchen counter and poured blood into a mug. "Josh, I just want you to know that I'm here for you if you need a friend."

Josh groaned in anger. "Your little boyfriend killed Aiden! So, I apologize if I'm not in the mood to be friendly with Klaus' ally."

Davina grabbed the vampire's arm and stared into his brown eyes. "I know you're hurting but Mia has nothing to do with Klaus' actions! We both know that monster does whatever he wants with no regards to anyone."

"Stop!" I shouted. "Klaus is not a monster and he didn't kill Aiden." I defended the man I loved. "He was framed by Dahlia and took the blame for it just to make Hayley's pack fear him so they wouldn't budge to Dahlia's pressure."

Josh stood up and got really close to my face. "Klaus is a monster and he killed my boyfriend!" He was boiling with rage. "I want that hybrid dead!" He grabbed his jacket and left the loft.

Tears started streaming down my face and Davina looked at me. "You're not going after him, Davina!" I said while wiping the tears off my face. "We're at war and Dahlia might harm you and I can't have that."

The young witch nodded. "I'm sorry about Josh. Honestly, I understand where he's coming from cause Klaus has killed people that meant a lot to me but Josh had no right to yell at you."

I smiled softly. "I'm gonna prove that Klaus didn't kill Aiden, even if it's the last thing I do in my life!" I said before heading out the door.

***

I arrived at the cemetery where Mikael was buried and found Freya near his grave. "I knew I would find you here." I said in a monotone.

Freya turned to me and smirked. "Are you here to accept my deal?" She asked and I felt like smacking her in the face. "Or do you just want to waste my time?" The witch lit a candle and touched the headstone.

"I accept your deal as long as Klaus lives." My bottom lip was quivering. "After Hope is safe, I will leave New Orleans and return to my hometown. I promise I will never see Klaus again, if you keep your end of the bargain."

The Mikaelson witch looked at me with an enigmatic expression. "Amelia, I already made my siblings choose between me and Niklaus." She stepped closer to me. "At this moment, Elijah is probably daggering our wayward brother since he killed Aiden and is too unstable to protect baby Hope."

I balled my fists and lunged at Freya. "You bitch!" I punched her and she used her magic to shove me against a crypt. "We had a deal!" I shouted.

Freya walked up to me and grinned. "Honey, you refused my deal so I had to get creative." She let me go and rolled her eyes. "Besides, Klaus will not die. He will be neutralized... indeterminately." She smiled viciously.

My head was aching from the new information. "Klaus didn't kill Aiden!" I stated with confidence.

"He took the blame, didn't he?" She asked and I nodded. "As far as everyone is concerned, Niklaus is not to be trusted. Particularly, with Hope." She shrugged. "No one is really going to miss him."

I looked at Freya with anger and then headed to the compound where Klaus was. I had to stop Elijah from daggering his own brother. His innocent brother!

***

The lights were on at the compound and I knew the Mikaelsons were home. "Are you really preparing to betray me?" I heard Klaus shouting.

"You're out of control, Niklaus." Elijah replied.

I walked into the living room and saw Elijah and Rebekah standing across the room while Klaus clenched his fist with tears in his eyes. "I know exactly what I'm doing." He said. "My only concern is Hope."

Rebekah stepped closer to Klaus. "Your actions are only putting Hope in more danger than she already is."

I made myself noticeable and walked towards Klaus. "Freya manipulated the two of you because I declined her deal." My hands were shaking at this point. "Klaus hasn't done anything wrong!" I fiercely defended him.

"Amelia..." Klaus put himself in front of me in protection. "Dagger me with that gold dagger made by our brother!" The Original hybrid demanded. "Neutralize me just like I have done to the both of you multiple times." He dared his siblings. "Just know that once I get undaggered and find out that Hope was taken by Dahlia, I will kill all of you."

My eyes locked on him as he threatened his siblings. "Klaus, don't say that!" I warned him.

Klaus looked at me and smiled softly. "Dagger me but take care of Amelia. She does not deserve to die in this war that isn't hers."

Elijah pointed the dagger at Klaus. "I'm truly sorry, Niklaus." He daggered the hybrid and his body dropped on the floor. "This is necessary to protect Hope."

"Klaus was protecting Hope in his own way!" I shouted as I kneeled next to Klaus' body. "He didn't kill Aiden like everyone else is saying." I cried.

The Original looked at me. "Klaus was a liability. He was out of control and had to be put down for the safety of his daughter." He explained. "Even Hayley agrees."

I glared at him. "Hayley knew Klaus would be daggered... Dahlia killed Aiden to blame Klaus for it and you two fell for it." I stood up and nearly punched his face. "You turned your back on your brother because of an ancient witch that wants Hope just because Freya cannot be controled anymore." I scoffed. "You two are dead to me!" I wiped my tears and left the compound. If I stay there, I will probably kill Rebekah and dagger Elijah for their despicable act. Klaus didn't deserve this.