26. A Ritual to Die For

Kol, Davina and I stepped inside the compound where Klaus was waiting for us. He wanted to help Kol find a way to survive and help him fight Finn to keep Hope safe. "Are you sure Klaus agreed on helping his brother? He's the most selfish being I know." Davina rolled her eyes.

I glared at the young witch. "Klaus is willing to do anything in his power to keep Hope safe. Does that sound like a selfish man to you?" I sassily flipped my long red hair and entered the house. "I brought Kol!" I shouted, announcing my arrival.

Klaus made his entrance and smirked at the three of us. "Welcome to my home!" His grin grew wider. "I heard you're on the brink of death, Kol!" He handed his brother a glass of scotch and smiled. 

The younger Mikaelson grabbed the glass and took a sip of the liquor. "It seems you have kept your dark sense of humor." Kol joked.

Davina glared at the Original hybrid. "This is serious, Klaus! Kol is dying and you keep joking like it's nothing." The young witch confronted him.

"My little brother can just jump into another body and escape death." Klaus raised both his eyebrows. "It worked for him last time I checked."

Kol stepped in front of his older brother. "Look, you don't understand, Nik. Finn has locked me in this body, no more jumping. He's put a curse on me, Nik. I am dying." He confessed and Klaus looked a bit distraught.

My eyes traveled to Kol in shock. "You never told me you couldn't jump into another body. I assumed you hadn't found the right one yet."

Klaus put his hand on Kol's shoulder and sqeezed it gently. "I will not allow my little brother to die without putting on a fight." He had an intense glow in his eyes. "We are Mikaelsons after all. That means we fight as warriors!"

Davina and I smiled at both brothers. "So we fight and we kill Finn before he kills Kol." I gave Kol a reassuring nod and he smiled softly at me before landing his eyes on the young witch who stole his heart.

***

After making sure Kol and Klaus wouldn't kill each other, I headed to the bayou to meet up with Hayley and Jackson. They invited the alphas of every pack in the area and I had to be honest, my fear for werewolves was still very much present inside of me. Being bitten more than once will do that to a vampire. "You made it!" Hayley smiled and pulled me in for a hug.

I smiled while embracing my friend. "I gave you my word. Besides, you're my friend." I pulled away and Jackson walked up to us. "You have a handsome werewolf." I winked at him and Hayley rolled her eyes.

Jackson smiled at me before crossing his arms over his chest. "Welcome, Mia!" He greeted me with a deep voice and, I had to admit, this guy is extremely sexy.

"Thank you." I smiled and then noticed some bruises on his face. "How are you after the whole Klaus ordeal?" I asked in concern.

The werewolf furrowed his eyebrows. "I've been better but I'll live." He smiled softly and then turned to his soon-to-be wife. "Well, I need to greet the alphas." Hayley nodded and I noticed her eyes landing behind me.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at my friend. "What?"

She pointed to a group of vampires and I turned my head to them. "I can't believe Marcel sent his weird vampire army." Her eyebrows were knitted together in anger.

The vampires groaned in hunger and started attacking the werewolves, mainly the alphas. "I don't think Marcel sent them."

Hayley, Jackson and I started attacking the vampires in order to save the werewolves. I grabbed a sharp branch and stabbed a vampire through the heart after he killed one of the alphas. The vampires weren't just killing wolves, they were feeding on them which meant they were still under Finn's spell.

All the vampires were dead and so were the alphas. Aiden stood in the middle of the slaughter with blood all over him. "That's your fault for inviting a vampire!" He glared daggers at Hayley and Jackson pinned him to the floor.

"Watch the way you talk to your future alpha!" He was angry. "And be thankful that Mia was here to save your ass." I couldn't help but smirk in amusement. Honestly, it was hard to understand Aiden's hatred for me. It's not like I ever attacked him!

***

I arrived at the compound after fighting a few vampires. My clothes were all bloody and I had dirt on my hair but I didn't want to go to my empty loft. Cami, Klaus and a burned Elijah were all in the living room. "Tough day?" I asked sarcastically.

Klaus looked at me with furrowed eyebrows and handed Hope to Cami. "Would you mind taking Hope to the nursery?" Cami nodded and left the room. "What happened to you?" He asked concerned.

"Long story short, some vampires that were under Finn's spell attacked the alphas at the bayou and I ended up killing a few of them." I grabbed the bottle of bourbon and shrugged. "Lots of staking and falling in the mud." I joked. "What happened to you?" I asked the noble Original.

Elijah looked at me. "Finn was plotting to kill Hope so I blew up the safe house by removing my daylight ring while standing in direct sunlight." He explained.

I nodded while taking a sip of the bourbon. "We lead extremely exciting lives." I stated with a chuckle.

Klaus shook his head in disapproval. "We have Finn to take care of, a bloody union that can either help us or kill us all and a dying brother to worry about." He sighed. "And where in the bloody hell is Rebekah?"

"Asking about me?" We all turned around to see a girl that looked strangely familiar. "You all look terrible!" She stated.

The two Mikaelsons and I gasped. "Rebekah?!" We asked in unison and she nodded, a smile plastered on her face. She did jump into a new body after all but where has she been?