6. Dine With Thy Enemy

Lenore made me furious with her witchy talk, so I decided to head to Rousseau's and unwind. Cami was sitting with a handsome man and I smirked. When he looked at me, his expression changed completely as if he knew me. "I'm sorry to interrupt but you're a psychologist, right Cami?"

Cami shook her head. "I'm still studying but Vincent here is my advisor. Why?"

I sat between them. "Well, I'm having a bit of a situation and I need professional help." I rested my chin on my hand and smirked. "Can I borrow Vincent?"

Vincent looked at me and smiled. It was obviously a fake smile, though. "Of course, I would love to help you out."

I clapped my hands and smiled brightly. "Great! When can we start?" I asked suspiciously of him.

Cami stood up and smiled at us. "I'm heading out. Vincent, thank you for helping me." She waved and left.

"I'm sure you would like to start now." Vincent said sternly.

I nodded and then stared into his dark eyes. "You see, Vincent, my brother died and I'm having a hard time trusting people considering those surrounding me are more complicated than the storyline of Game of Thrones."

Vincent chuckled slightly. "Have you worked out things with your family after your brother's death?" He asked while writing something on a paper.

"My parents died a long time ago and my only living relative is an older brother but we're not speaking at the moment." My eyes never left his. "I live with some friends since I'm not originally from New Orleans."

"Why don't you try to rebuild your relationship with your brother?" Vincent asked with a serious expression.

I pretended to be sad. "Because he reminds me of the brother I lost." I sighed. "Damon was my best friend and our relationship was the best. Stefan and I never got along that well. Maybe because he's only one year older than me." I leaned forward. "Don't you want to know about the family I'm living with?"

Vincent nodded. "What can you tell me about your new family?" He asked curiously.

I smirked. "Their family is very... Original." I looked at my phone. "Time's up, doc. I'll see you another time." I grabbed my things and walked away from the bar. Vincent is not who he says he is and I'm going to find out everything about this really handsome man.

***

Elijah, Hayley, Klaus and I arrived at Esther's house, ready to have dinner with our enemies. "Welcome!" The Original witch greeted us. She looked at me with a smirk on her face. "Amelia! Kol has told me so much about you."

I sat next to Klaus and put the napkin on my lap. "I'm sure he has. How is he doing?" I cleared my throat. "Still manipulating that young witch?"

Klaus glared at me and I shrugged. "Niklaus, Elijah, you must be wondering why I invited you to dine with me." Esther rested her chin on her hands. "Mikael is under the control of a hormonal teenager which is danger for all of us. I thought that we could form an alliance."

The Original hybrid scoffed. "An alliance with the woman who tried to kill her own children?" He glared at Esther. "I am not like Finn, desperate to please you."

"Niklaus." Elijah looked at his brother.

Esther glared at all of us. "If I wanted to kill you is because you all became such monsters and I was not pleased with the outcome of my mistake."

Klaus stood up and faced his mother. "Look at me!" He slammed his hand on the table, causing her to flinch. "You rant and you rave about the monster I have become, but you, mother... You are the author of everything I am!"

"Blame me for your mistakes all you want, Niklaus. But you might want to sit for what I have to tell you." Esther smirked but Klaus didn't budge. "Alright. Your real father is alive."

Klaus grabbed my wrist and we both left. Esther's statement was a shock to us all but Klaus was enraged. If he could, he would've killed Esther right there.

***

Klaus and I were in his compound and he was pacing back and forth in the living room. "Could you stop?! You're making me dizzy." I said.

The Original hybrid continued what he was doing and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "She's lying! The werewolf she had an affair with was slaughtered by Mikael." He slammed a vase against the wall. "She's trying to manipulate my emotions in order to get what she wants."

"And she's succeeding." I stood up. "Why did you bring me with you, Klaus?" He stopped pacing and looked into my brown eyes.

Klaus grabbed both my shoulders violently. "You are the only person capable of calming me down. Your presence soothes me."

I shook me head. "But I simply don't care. You have mother issues and daddy issues. Talk to a shrink!"

His grip on my shoulders tightened. "This is not the time for your emotionless speech. I need you, Amelia." His bright blue eyes stared right into mine. "I need the sweet, Little Red, that would look me in the eyes with a soft expression and hug me while promising to never leave my side."

I caressed his cheek and smiled. "Klaus..." He closed his eyes and smiled as well. "That Mia is dead and there's nothing that can bring her back."

Klaus released me from his grip and glared at me. "Why are you in New Orleans, then?" He stepped closer to me and our faces were inches apart. "I told you to come here to see me whenever you needed me. If you don't need me, why did you come here?" He shouted.

Something inside me shifted and I could feel a tear rolling down my face. I closed my eyes and shoved Klaus against the wall. "You will never get me to flip my switch again!" I was seeing red now. "I don't want to feel anything ever again." I punched the wall and Klaus looked in amusement. I left his compound and I was back in control of myself. Could Klaus be my trigger? I needed to stay away from him.