10. A Fair Fight

Marcel and I were driving somewhere when I heard my phone ringing. "Aren't you gonna pick up the call?" He asked.

I shook my head and hit the decline button. "Where are we going? I thought you didn't know where Klaus was."

"And I don't but, fortunately, I know someone who does." Marcel smirked at me. "You're not the only one with tricks up your sleeves."

I raised an eyebrow and looked in the mirror. My forehead was sweating and my face was even more pale. Honestly, I looked like death. "God, I look terrible! And I'm hallucinating my dead family members." I rolled my eyes. "For the past few hours, I saw my brother Damon and my father, who called me a monster."

Marcel looked at me. "You're not a monster. I mean, you're hard to deal with but I don't think you're a monster." He smiled and I scoffed. After we arrived in the middle of nowhere, I saw Davina and Marcel left me in the car to talk to her. I couldn't hear anything because of the damn venom inside my veins.

A while later, we arrived at an abandoned warehouse. "What are we doing here?" I asked, my voice coming out as a whisper.

"Klaus and Mikael are inside. Mia, stay here with Davina!" Marcel warned me before taking off. I looked at the young witch and rolled my eyes.

A few minutes later, I got out of the car and Davina followed me. "What are you doing? Marcel clearly told you to wait in the car." She scolded me.

I glared at the young witch. "I don't take orders from anybody." I smirked. "Actually, I defy them." I smiled at Davina.

She folded her arms over her chest. "But you're dying and Mikael will easily kill you." The baby witch explained.

"You know the truth about Kol which is why you're here." I stepped closer to Davina. "I know you feel betrayed and angry at him but Kol is a great guy and you'd be blind to let him get away just because he's not the dreamy teenager you thought he was. Trust me, the real Kol is way more attractive." I winked and she rolled her eyes.

***

I convinced Davina to come inside with me and she bitched about it but she tagged along anyway. Mikael shoved Marcel against a wall and had a white oak stake pointed at Klaus. "Yo, Original papa!" Mikael turned to me. "I know Klaus is not the perfect son but staking him is just cruel. What happened to a good old spanking?"

Mikael glared at me and I felt my legs shaking. He noticed as well and smirked. "It looks like the werewolf venom running through your veins is affecting you, darling."

I vamped out and lunged at Mikael but he threw me to the floor and I closed my eyes in pain. "Amelia!" I heard Klaus shout.

"Mia, why aren't you picking up your phone?" Stefan asked.

I opened my eyes and saw his green eyes. "Are you gonna tell me I'm a monster just like dad did?"

Stefan smiled and ran his fingers through my hair. "I would never call you a monster. Just pick up the phone!"

My eyes opened and I saw Mikael leaving the abandoned warehouse and Klaus was standing beside me. "Amelia, drink my blood!" Klaus demanded while biting his wrist and feeding me his blood.

I felt my wound healing and I was already stronger. "What happened to your dad? He looked hella scared."

Klaus smiled. "Mikael staked me but I didn't burn. A little witch saved my life and I should thank her." He nodded at Davina and she did the same.

My phone started ringing again and I saw Stefan's name on the caller ID. I decided to pick it up. "What do you want Stefan?"

"Come to Mystic Falls, Mia! Damon is alive." My brother informed me and I dropped my phone on the floor.

***

After Stefan's phone call, I arrived at Rousseau's and I've been doing shots ever since I got here. Cami walked through the door and sat next to me. "You seemed distraught after the phone call. Klaus wouldn't tell me what it was about."

I had another shot and smirked at the blonde girl. "My brother is alive, after all. I spent months thinking he was dead but he returned to the plane of the living." I laughed sarcastically. "My life is so surreal. I'm a vampire who lost a brother and a soul."

Cami looked at me with a sympathetic expression. "You should go see your brother and maybe you'll get your humanity back."

"But I don't want my humanity back!" I threw a shot glass to the floor and Cami flinched. "My brother's return from the dead won't change anything. I'm still a monster." I shouted.

The blonde girl looked at me. "You're not a monster, Mia!" She sighed. "You lost your brother and decided to lose your emotions as a coping mechanism. Normal people are unable to do that but they would if they could because grief is too overwhelming." Her facial expression changed. "I lost a brother too and it broke me."

I glared at her. "You don't know anything about pain." I smashed a glass on the counter. "My mother died when I was a child, I was turned into a vampire against my will, my father was killed by my brother and I lived a century and a half believing that my brothers didn't care about me." I laughed sarcastically. "You spent a few years grieving but I spent over a century doing it."

Cami stared at me with wide eyes. "Just because your life hasn't been easy, doesn't give you the right to diminish other people's experiences."

I vamped out and lunged at Cami, draining her blood. Her eyes were turning darker and I couldn't stop drinking her delicious scarlet red liquid. Someone pulled away from her but I was still hungry. "Let me go!" I growled.

Klaus looked at me with an angry expression. "Go to Mystic Falls and reunite with your family!" He panted from all the yelling. "But do not harm anyone in my town." I scoffed and left the bar, leaving the Original to deal with a bleeding Cami.