37. A Save Haven

Dear Damon,

I'm back in New Orleans but wasn't able to speak to anyone. I locked myself up in my room and didn't even call Davina to check up on her. Finding out that our mother betrayed our father made me hate her with all my soul. The worst part is that she doesn't even care! Lily Salvatore is no longer the kind woman she once was and I truly wish I could drive a stake through her black jaded heart.

Maybe I should just talk to Klaus since he knows exactly what I'm going through. Mikael isn't his biological father either, except that Giuseppe never treated me like crap. I feel so lost and angry, something I haven't felt since your death. But this time I won't flip the switch, I'm going to fight back!

Someone was knocking on the door but I couldn't bring myself to open it. "Amelia!" Klaus' voice echoed through my mind and I immediately got up. "Stefan called me asking me to take care of you. Please open the door!" His voice was soft, almost melodic.

I opened the door and my puffy eyes landed on him. "Klaus..." My arms wrapped around his torso while his hands landed around my back before placing a soft smile on the top of my head.

Klaus closed the door with his foot and walked me to the couch. "What happened in Mystic Falls?" He asked while sitting next to me on the couch.

"My father is not my father and my mother is a dirty liar who would rather save her newfound family than be there for her real children." I explained in between sobs.

The Original hybrid looked at me confused. "So Giuseppe Salvatore is not your biological father?" He sighed. "According to your brothers, your father was a vicious man who treated them poorly."

I shook my head. "You see, my father was so sweet and caring towards me." I smiled at the thought of him. "He used to play with me and encourage me to be whatever I wanted to be. I mean, he was tough on my brothers but he never laid a finger on me."

Klaus caressed my cheek gently. "I understand what you are going through. You can count on me for everything you need." He smiled and my heart fluttered. "I love you, Amelia!" His words comforted me in a way nothing else could, not even Damon.

***

A few hours have passed and I was feeling better. "How are things going around here?" I asked, concerned about Hope's safety.

Klaus kissed my forehead but didn't look too happy. "It's been hard finding a way to kill Dahlia which is why I was searching for Davina when I got Stefan's phone call." He explained.

"You should try Kol's grave in Lafayette Cemetery. She goes there everyday to mourn your brother." I sighed heavily. "What can I do to help?"

The blue eyed man smiled slightly. "You should help Elijah find a another safe house for Hope before Dahlia arrives in town." He suggested and I nodded.

I immediately stood up and pulled Klaus into a tight embrace. "Thank you for making me feel better." I pulled away and loked into his ocean blue eyes. "Now I must find a way to protect your daughter." I smiled before Klaus left.

I arrived in Algiers soon after and saw Aiden talking to Josh. "Mia!" Josh smiled and hugged me, twirling me around in the process. "How was Mystic Falls?" He asked.

"It could have been better." I replied. "Where's Elijah? I really need to talk to him."

Josh glanced behind me. "You should ask Gia." He winked at me. "She and Elijah seem to be... very friendly. If you know what I mean."

I chuckled and then turned to Gia. "Well, Elijah deserves to be happy since Hayley is married." I walked towards Gia and smiled brightly. "Hey Gia! Can I have a word with Elijah?" I asked politely.

The shy girl looked at me. "He's upstairs with Marcel but I'm not sure they want to be interrupted." She bit her bottom lip.

I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Klaus sent me here to speak to his brother. Normally, I don't follow orders, but this is a life or death situation." I smiled and headed upstairs to where Marcel and Elijah were.

***

Elijah and Marcel turned their heads to me when they heard me opening the door. "Hello boys! I heard you two are in charge of arranging a new safe house for Hope." I smiled.

Marcel folded his arms over his chest and gave me his usual smirk. "Our redhead is back!"

I scoffed while patting his shoulder. "Marcel, you flatter me!" I winked and then turned to the Original vampire. "So what are you planning?" I asked curiously.

"I was thinking about asking Josephine's help." Elijah replied. "She is a witch and might be able to seal the safe house with magic. Hope will be protected from Dahlia, the witch who scares Freya."

I sighed. "But can we really trust her? I mean, she seems to hold a grudge against Klaus and I feel like something's wrong with her."

Elijah looked right into my eyes. "She knows a lot about Dahlia which benefits us. Besides, she truly wants to protect Hope."

I rolled my eyes. "I just think that we should be careful around Freya. I don't trust her and neither does Klaus." I stated.

Marcel sighed. "Yeah well, Klaus doesn't trust anyone except for you."

The Original glanced between Marcel and me. "Amelia has proven time and time again that she deserves our trust." He then turned to me. "Are you coming with us to meet Josephine LaRue?" I nodded and he smiled. "Then, we should head there. Klaus really wants the new safe house ready as soon as possible."

I smirked. "And that means he wants it for yesterday." I giggled and Marcel rolled his eyes. I swear, we had the most annoying relationship ever! Marcel is my ally but at the same time we always butt heads like children and it's his fault. He still doesn't trust me fully.