27. The Big Day

Dear Damon, 

Today is Hayley's wedding to Jackson and I have a feeling it will be a very exciting day. Klaus seems to be more relaxed and even promised to have Hope there. He offered the compound as the wedding venue which is a very generous offer coming from Klaus Mikaelson.

Rebekah told us she spent the entire time locked up but was able to escape thanks to a mysterious girl named Freya. I can't believe my best friend has been through so much crap. I'm happy to have her back in time for the wedding, since we're Hayley's bridesmaids. I couldn't be happier for my friend! Too bad Kol won't be there but I understand him. He's dying and wants to spend time with Davina, his true love.

Cami, Rebekah, Hayley and I walked inside the bridal shop and the clerk showed us to the dressing rooms. The bride wanted us to wear pastel colors even though I told her it would look terrible with my complexion. "Are you serious?!" I walked out of the stall looking like a freaking cupcake. "I look like a milkshake with a cherry on top." I pointed to my red hair that was tied into a bun.

The three girls laughed at me and I placed both my hands on my hips, glaring daggers at my supposed best friends. "Mia, you always look perfect no matter what you wear." Rebekah stated with a quick smirk.

Hayley nodded while putting on a veil. "Yeah and Klaus sure loves a cherry milkshake." She teased me and I threw a tissue at her.

"So are you and Klaus official?" Cami asked out of the blue.

I grabbed a green dressed and placed it in front of me. "We're not dating if that's what you're asking." I twirled around before sitting next to Hayley. "Being in a relationship with Klaus Mikaelson is an impossible task."

Rebekah quirked her eyebrows and smirks. "It seems like you love impossible tasks. Isn't that why you've been putting up with my brother's tantrums?" I sighed before walking inside the stall once more. Bekah was right though. I love dealing with Klaus, no matter how dangerous it is.

***

Everyone was sitting on their respective seats, anxiously awaiting for Hayley's entrance. Klaus must have caught my scent because he turned his head to me and smiled, making me blush. Rebekah and Cami were helping the bride getting ready while I held Hope, the ring bearer. "What if the ritual doesn't work?" Hayley asked before biting her bottom lip. "I mean, the only reason I'm getting married is to make sure the werewolves get out of Esther's control."

Rebekah grabbed the bride's shoulders and stared at her green eyes. "The ritual will work and your pack will be stronger than ever." She smiled. "Trust in your decision!" Hayley nodded.

"Can we start the ceremony?" I asked and Hayley smiled. "Let's go little Hope!" I smiled at the precious baby and opened the curtain, watching all the heads turn to me and the baby.

I smiled at all the guests while walking down the large living room that was beautifully decorated. Hayley ended up choosing a light shade of pink for the bridesmaids dresses which looked terrible on me but it could've been worse. Cami came in after me carrying a pretty white flower. Then, Rebekah walked down the aisle while spreading some petals.

Hayley was the last to walk with a bright smile on her face. Her eyes traveled to Elijah and their stare was so intense that it made me uncomfortable. The bride winked at her daughter and it seemed like the baby took notice of her mother. "You look beautiful!" Jackson whispered before holding Hayley's hand.

I sat next to Klaus and the Original hybrid tilted his head and smiled at me. The minister presided the ceremony and, after speaking about commitment and love, he pronounced the engaged couple husband and wife. All the werewolves' eyes glowed the same shade which meant the packs were united. The ritual worked and I could tell Hayley was happy and proud, even though she had to leave her love for Elijah behind.

***

"Congratulations!" I hugged Hayley and Jackson at the party. Some werewolves refused to relinquish their allegiance to Finn so Klaus decided to take care of them but the ritual worked. "I'm really happy for the both of you and the united pack."

Hayley smiled at me and grabbed my hand. "Thank you, Mia. You've proven to be a great friend."

Jackson tilted his head up and I turned my head back to see Klaus wiping his bloody hands. "Klaus Mikaelson gave us our wedding gift." The werewolf smirked.

Klaus joined us and smiled at the newlyweds. "You two do not have to worry about the rogue werewolves. I took care of them." He licked his thumb and grinned. "Now, I would appreciate if the two of you accepted my offer to come live with me here."

"That's a generous offer, Klaus." Jackson extended his hand. "Thank you for taking care of the wolves. It was quite a surprise!" Klaus shook the werewolf's hand and smiled.

The Original hybrid grabbed my forearm and walked me to the improvised dancefloor. "Can we pretend, just for tonight, to be a normal couple?" He asked with hopeful eyes.

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, swaying to the rhythm of the song. "What you did for Hayley and Jackson was the most selfless you have ever been." I stared into his intense blue eyes. "I'm proud of you, Nik."

Klaus kissed my cheek and twirled me around. "Hayley is the mother of my child and she deserves nothing but the best." His grip on my waist tightened. "If you asked me to stop killing, I would."

"How about we kill your enemies in order to protect Hope?" I smirked and he nodded. "I promised to be by your side and I intend on keeping my word. After that, I will return home."

The Original hybrid pulled me closer to him and I leaned my head on his hard chest. "Your home is here... Right next to me." He whispered into my ear and I smiled brightly. Klaus could be so romantic and gentle. My love for him grows with each passing day.