14. Breaking Finn

I arrived at the compound and saw Vincent/Finn passed out on the couch. Marcel was watching him and then looked at me. "Where were you?" He asked me.

My eyes locked with his. "I was making sure Davina is safe from Kol." I sat next to him and sighed. "Turns out he's in love with the young witch."

Marcel shook his head and then glanced at Finn. "How was Mystic Falls? You came back even after your brother returned from the dead."

"I promised Klaus to help him defeat his enemies and I intend to keep that promise." I eyed him intently and then smirked. "Looks like our hostage is ready for some fun."

Vincent/Finn opened his eyes and looked us slightly frightened. "Why did you bring me here?" He tried to stand up but Marcel tied him up and took him somewhere else. "Let me go!" He pleaded but we didn't listen.

Marcel chained him and I pulled a knife from a duffel bag and smirked. "You know, Finn, I never killed a human in cold blood before, so I'm actually excited to slice you up and gut you like a fish." I grinned deviously.

His eyes widened and he shouted. "No, no, no! Please, I'll do whatever you want, just don't kill me." He pleaded and I smirked.

"I never meant to hurt you, really." I stepped closer to Finn. "Now, Esther did something to Elijah and you're gonna tell us what it was."

Finn nodded and I could see the sweat running from his forehead. "My mother broke his spirit by showing the truth to him." He swallowed thickly. "Elijah killed Tatia, the love of his life, right after he became a vampire. Klaus always blamed our mother and she let them believe that she killed her and used her blood to do the immortality spell but it was Elijah."

My eyes widened in shock. "So Esther really didn't lie to Elijah. He's blaming himself and considering Esther's offer because he sees himself as a monster." Finn nodded and I looked at Marcel in concern.

***

I joined Hayley and Cami in the living room and they stood up as soon as they saw me. "So, what did Vincent say?" Cami asked, genuinely curious.

"Elijah is not under any kind of spell." I informed them and they looked at me confused. "Esther messed with his head and he feels guilty for killing Tatia."

Hayley started pacing around the room. "What do we do now to help him? I mean, he's acting reckless and that's not the Elijah I know."

I nodded. "You need to call Klaus and tell him there's no use in searching for a cure. I tried to call him but it goes straight to voicemail."

Cami looked at me. "Klaus' phone broke and he didn't get another one yet because he's busy with Elijah and Esther." She sighed. "Is there any other way to help Elijah?"

I shrugged, not knowing what to say. "Maybe we can show him that what happened wasn't his fault. It's the only way to stop him from taking Esther's deal." I glanced at Hayley. "You need to break the werewolves that are under her control."

"How?" She asked in confusion. "I'm not exactly a witch and those werewolves don't trust me!" She explained.

I smirked. "Well, you helped Tyler break the sire bond and it's the same thing this time. Except that Esther is a psychot witch who's trying to break her children into accepting a new body." I looked at her expectantly. "Please, Hayley. It's the only way to make her weak."

She sighed and nodded. "I'm gonna try but they only listen to Jackson since he's an alpha." Hayley glanced between Cami and I. "Hopefully this plan will work, or else we're screwed." I nodded in agreement and smiled.

***

Klaus arrived at the compound and poured himself a glass of scotch. "You always had the best taste in scotch." I smirked as I looked at him. "I helped myself, if you don't mind."

The Original hybrid grinned at me. "I wasn't aware you were back from Mystic Falls." He sat across from me. "How was your trip? Did you bond with your brothers and Little Gilbert?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I leaned forward and smirked. "Are you jealous?" He scoffed and I raised an eyebrow. "Damon is really alive and I got to see him. I also saw Jeremy but he hates my guts so maybe we should drink to that." I raised my glass and he chuckled.

"Aren't you bothered that your former boyfriend doesn't idolize you anymore?" He asked with a smug look.

I pretended to think and then grinned. "I don't care about it. Still no humanity, remember?" I stood up and walked behind Klaus. "I heard you had a broken phone so I got you this." I handed him a new phone and he smiled. "This way, you can always call me whenever you have a crazy vengeful plan."

Klaus took the phone and smiled at me. "Sweet Amelia, even without your humanity you worry about me." He grabbed my hand gently and placed a kiss on it, sending shivers down my spine. "Thank you."

My eyes locked with his and my face dropped. "Klaus, I found out that Elijah is being haunted by Tatia's death."

He sighed. "Esther has a way of messing with our heads. I must help Elijah see that he is not a monster, but only a mere victim of two monsters who raised us." He stood up and glared. "My brother will be out of her control soon enough."

"Klaus, I have a plan. Kol is easy to manipulate but Finn is the trouble, unless we show him the monster Esther really is." I raised and eyebrow and smirked.

The Original hybrid grinned and stepped closer to me. "I believe you and I can turn my brothers against our mother. She is secretive and manipulative despite Finn's blindness and unconditional trust in her."

I stared into his blue eyes. "We can use Davina to change Kol's mind about his petty revenge against you." We both looked at each other and then left. Being close to him made me feel weak and insecure. At least, he never got my massage.