19. Compound Trap

Dear Damon,

I missed you and everyone in Mystic Falls this Christmas but mine wasn't bad at all. Klaus gave me diamonds which is not important but it made me feel special. Rebekah encouraged me to pursue a relationship with him but it's not the right time since he has his hands full with Esther and his siblings. Ate least now he knows the truth, that I love him and that's what made me come back.

Speaking of coming back, Klaus turned Lenore and gave his mother an ultimatum but I'm sure she has a trick up her sleeve to get out of he whole situation. Now that it's safe, we're returning to New Orleans while Elijah waits for Rebekah. We're all in this together and I'm happy that even Elijah accepted me.

I left my room and headed to the living room where Elijah was pacing back and forth. "Where's Klaus?" I asked and he immediately looked at me.

"He left to New Orleans with Rebekah to pick up Cami but hasn't gotten back yet." Elijah explained.

I nodded and felt a little jealousy creeping inside of me. Klaus always had a soft spot for a pretty blonde. "You're worried about Bekah, aren't you?" I asked him and he nodded. "She's smart and tough. This is the only way to bring Esther down." I smiled sympathetically.

Elijah looked at me. "Did you know that Hayley is getting married to Jackson?" I looked down. "Because of my mother we are all doing sacrifices. She almost cost me my sanity and Klaus is not with you because he knows she would use you to break him."

My eyes locked with his. "Klaus is stronger than that. Esther didn't hurt me when she had a chance so I highly doubt she'll hurt me now."

"She didn't hurt because Klaus is in love with you and she thought she could make a deal with him." Elijah scoffed. "Now that she knows the deal is off the table, everyone is fair game. It is actually surprising she is using Cami to get to Klaus." I frowned and left outside, trying to distract myself.

***

After Klaus' return, Hayley and I climbed into his car and made our way back to New Orleans. Hayley decided to ride in the back and I got stuck in the passenger sit, right next to Klaus. "Where's Rebekah?" Hayley asked while glancing at me.

Klaus gripped the steering wheel and never took his eyes off the road. "She is still in New Orleans. My sister jumped into a new body." I could tell he was worried.

I glanced at Hayley and then looked at the Original hybrid. "I know Bekah and I'm sure she'll find a way to escape."

He nodded. "Rebekah is my own flesh and blood so I am sure she will return to Arkansas." He glanced at Hayley and smirked. "Little Wolf, I've heard about your upcoming wedding. My brother is heartbroken."

"What about Cami?" Hayley fired back. "You are toying with her feelings while playing house with Mia."

I glared at her and she leaned back. "Is something going on between you and Cami?" I asked.

Klaus grinned. "Are you jealous, Little Red?" He questioned me and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. "Camille is some sort of therapist to me. I have absolutely no romantic interest in her." He smiled at me in reassurance and I smiled back.

"Good, cause she's my friend and you know what they say..." I smirked at him and he raised an eyebrow in anticipation. "Chicks before dicks."

Hayley rolled her eyes and leaned forward, standing between us. "Could you two just stay together already? The chemistry is almost palpable and it's disgusting!"

I chuckled and looked at her. "There's a little hybrid here feeling sexually frustrated." I joked.

"Yeah, that's Klaus!" Hayley replied quickly and Klaus glared at her immediately. I could tell by his reaction that Hayley hit a nerve and I smiled in amusement.

***

Jackson and Hayley arrived at the compound with the werewolves and Marcel showed up with his vampire army, including Josh. Klaus wanted to reunite both clans in order to create an alliance. "Where's Klaus?" Marcel asked.

I looked between the werewolves and the vampires. "He left after a phone call from Elijah." My hands were trembling with fear. I was scared of werewolves. "Maybe I should go as well."

Hayley grabbed my wrist and looked me dead in the eyes. "Mia, we need you to stay. I promise the werewolves won't hurt you." I nodded and sighed.

"Fine, but if any wolf looks at me in a weird way, I will chop their heads off." I warned my friend and she rolled her eyes. 

Aiden glared at me and then glanced between Hayley and Jackson. "I don't trust the crazy redhead vampire girl." He stated.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest. "And I don't trust werewolves! I've been bitten way too many times by sick puppies."

The werewolf growled at me and Marcel looked at us in amusement. "This is gonna be fun!" He stated.

Hayley and Jackson put themselves between the two clans. "Look, I get there's a huge rivalry between werewolves and vampires but I'm part of each and I must try to get both our parties united to stand against a common enemy, Esther Mikaelson."

"And why should we help you?" Marcel asked. "The vampires have nothing to do with that war."

I smirked. "That's where you're wrong!" I raised an eyebrow. "We are all linked to the Originals. If they die, we all die so in case you want to burn, I suggest we all work together to find a way to stop Esther before she kills Klaus. We are part of his bloodline." I informed them.

Marcel glared at me. "I will think about it and then I'll get back to you." He smirked at Hayley and looked at his vampires. "Let's go!" He demanded.

All the doors and windows got locked and Marcel couldn't leave the compound. "What the hell is happening here?" Jackson asked.

I tried to open the door and peaked outside the window, only to see Finn. He put a spell on the compound and no one could leave. "We're locked up!" I glanced at all of them and I had a feeling something was about to go down.