28. A Death in the Family

All the guests left the compound so Jackson helped Hayley putting Hope to sleep. Elijah walked into the kitchen where Klaus, Rebekah and I were having a little snack. "Care to join us, brother?" Klaus smiled and handed him a fork.

Elijah declined and I rolled my eyes. "More cake for us." I took a giant bite of the cake and Rebekah chuckled.

"Actually I just wanted to inform you all of my decision to leave the compound." The Original announced.

Klaus dropped the fork and stared at his brother as if he just committed treason. "Where are you going, Elijah?" The hybrid asked, clearly hurt by his brother's decision.

Elijah cleared his throat and glanced between the three of us. "I will be living in Algiers with Marcel and his vampires. They will benefit from my presence and will learn to live in the community as a family."

I put my hand on top of Klaus' knee and smiled softly. "But we are your family and we need you!" The great Klaus Mikaelson sounded like a young boy, fearing of being abandoned. "Our brother is dying and our sister is trapped inside a stranger's body. We promised. Forever and always!" The hybrid's bitter tone almost made me tear up.

"Speaking of which, Davina texted me and said Kol wants to talk to us." Rebekah informed us. "Are you coming, Elijah?" He nodded and we all stood up.

My hand held Klaus' in a tight grip and he turned around. "Be cool around Elijah. His heart is broken and he's confused."

Klaus caressed my cheek and smiled softly. "Only you can keep me grounded, Amelia. My brother's actions are hurtful and I do wish I could dagger him."

I kissed his cheek and smiled. "You love Elijah so support him and don't even mention the whole daggering thing. He might take it the wrong way." I sighed. "Now we need to be there for Kol as a family." Klaus placed his arm around my shoulders and we walked outside.

***

We all arrived at the place Davina and Kol were staying and I noticed a lot of magic books, herbs and other magical objects used for protection and to reverse spells. The young witch had puffy eyes and I could tell she had been crying. "You called us here to say goodbye." Rebekah's voice broke a little while she pulled Kol into a tight embrace.

Kol reciprocated the gesture and closed his blue eyes. "We weren't able to break the hex that Finn put on me so I'm about to die." He informed us.

"I refuse to believe my little brother is dying!" Klaus stated in denial. He always daggered his siblings but in the end he would do anything for his family.

I walked up to Kol and caressed his cheek. "You mean the world to me and I know for sure that you will come out on top. Come here!" I smiled while hugging him. "Kol Mikaelson is a damn survivor."

He laughed and kissed my cheek before holding Davina's hand. "All my life, all I ever wanted was for you lot to care for me." Kol admitted. "And now you are all here in my final moments." He smiled slightly. "I do not fear death anymore because I have the most important people by my side."

Elijah hugged his younger brother. "I always cared about you, Kol. Despite all the wrongs you made." He kissed his brother's cheek and turned around.

Kol fell on the ground in pain and we all knew that his time had come. Rebekah kneeled next to him and grabbed his hand. "Kol, I promise I will not leave this body until I find a way to resurrect you." She stared at her dying brother. "We all love you."

"And I love you all." Kol smiled before taking his last breath. I started sobbing while holding onto Klaus, who was also crying. Davina looked heartbroken and Rebekah was having a hard time coping with Kol's death. But I believed that Kol Mikaelson would return. This wasn't the last we heard of him.

***

I took Davina to my loft since she wasn't able to stay alone after Kol's death. "Are you hungry? There's food in the fridge." I told her.

The young witch shook her head and I saw her green eyes all red and glossy from crying. "I'm fine. Thanks for taking me in. My place reminds me of Kol and I just can't believe he actually died."

I grabbed a mug and poured some blood in it. "You're welcome to stay as long as you need." I smiled softly at her, trying to be sympathetic. She nodded and I walked inside my bedroom to take off my bridesmaid's dress. "Do you need another blanket?" I shouted.

"The one blanket you got me is enough!" Davina shouted back. "Can I ask you something?" She questioned.

I put on a robe and stepped into the living room. "What is it, Davina?" I sat across from her while sipping on the blood.

Davina sighed and looked into my brown eyes. "Why are you being so nice to me?" She raised an eyebrow. "I mean, we were never friends and I don't trust you."

I chuckled and crossed my legs. "You don't know me and the only reason you don't trust me is because of Klaus." I stated.

"You're right! Klaus is evil and his family is the reason Kol is dead." The young witch accused and it made my blood boil in anger.

I glared at the brunette in front of me. "Finn is the reason Kol died! Klaus and Rebekah did everything they could to save their brother so stop being a bitch." I yelled at the teenager.

Davina gave me a shocked look and sighed heavily. "Kol always mentioned how great you are and it made me jealous because I knew he loved you." The young witch shook her head. "Maybe that's why I dislike you so much."

My expression softened and I smiled slightly. "You should go to sleep, Davina. We can talk tomorrow if you want." She nodded. "Goodnight!"

"Goodnight!" She whispered and I smiled. Davina Claire was a pain in the ass but she was just a kid who lost her boyfriend.