21. The Damned

Dear Damon,

Last night was almost a bloodbath. The werewolves tried to attack the vampiresbut Davina was able to reverse the spell and we're all okay. Well, with the exception of Marcel. He was too stubborn to accept Klaus' blood and I'm sure he's already hallucinating. I want to help him but I don't know how.

Hayley is getting ready for the marriage ritual and Klaus is still searching for Rebekah. She completely vanished, not even Kol knows where she is. My friend is in trouble and I'm willing to do anything in my power to find her.

Someone was knocking on my door so I decided to open the door. "Good morning, Little Red!" Klaus greeted me and handed me a bag full of blood.

I looked at the blood bag in confusion and then looked at the hybrid standing in front of me. "What is this for? I have my own blood bags." I grabbed the bag and closed the door behind me.

Klaus sat on the couch and smirked at me. "That is for Marcel. I heard he was bitten by one of the teen wolves and I thought it would be rude of me not to help."

I eyed him in suspicion. "You want me to give this to Marcel so that he thinks it was all my idea." I raised an eyebrow. "Am I right?"

"You're extremely smart!" Klaus stated with a cheeky smile. "Also, I intend in confronting my brother Finn for putting your life in danger." He pulled me closer to him and grabbed my hands, kissing my knuckles. "Your life is far too precious to me and I will hurt those who hurt you, love."

I kissed his forehead and smiled. "You can be such a sweetheart, Klaus!" I chuckled and sat next to him. "I'll make sure to hand this to Marcel."

Klaus planted a quick kiss on my lips and stood up. "Great! Now if you'll excuse me, I have a brother to torture." He smirked and left my loft. I smiled and touched my lips, remembering the quick little peck he gave me.

***

I drove to Marcel's building and grabbed the blood bag before climbing out of the car. As soon as I stepped inside, I noticed Marcel and all his vampires reunited like a cult. "Is this what you do in your free time?" I asked with a smirk and stepped inside. "What do you say we celebrate the Carrillon Eve?"

"What are you doing here?" Marcel asked, clearly annoyed by my presence.

My eyes traveled around the room until they locked with Marcel's. "I'm here to save your life." I showed him the blood bag with a smirk. "I stole Klaus' stash cause you need it more than he does."

Marcel stepped closer to me. "Now I get why Klaus is in love with you." He smiled. "You're relentless and feisty." He grinned and turned to his vampires. "Have I ever told you the story of when I was serving during World War I?" Marcel questioned and the vampires shook their heads. "I'll tell you, then." He turned to me. "Would you like to join us?" He asked me and I nodded.

I sat across from him and raised an eyebrow. "I was in Italy during World War I healing the soldiers. My blood stopped a lot of good men from dying."

"My story is a little different. I enlisted into the 369th Regiment known as the Brotherhood of the Damned in Brooklyn back in 1916." Marcel started the story. "I was the leader of that regiment and I knew the germans were planning on attacking us with a poisonous gas and I had to take action." He leaned forward. "I turned them into vampires and we all survived the attack, prompting us to be deployed to France where we fought in the trenches until the end of the war." He stood up. "You question my leadership but I saved those men and I will save all of you as well." Marcel grabbed the blood bag and drank the liquid, healing his wound.

***

Marcel's story was touching and I could relate to him. "You created a vampire army for the same reason Klaus wanted his own hybrid minions." He raised an eyebrow. "You're lonely and want your own family."

He smirked and stepped closer to me. "Mia, I'm nothing like Klaus. He likes war, death and chaos. I only want peace with the locals, nothing else."

"Then why did you tell that compelling story about your war experience?" I questioned while placing a hand on my hips.

Marcel looked into my brown eyes. "Because my vampires were doubting my ability as a leader and I wanted to make sure they were on my side."

I smirked and raised an eyebrow at him. "You're a natural born leader, Marcel. Your vampires would never betray you or try to overthrow you."

The vampire turned to his army and stared at them. "I need you all to listen to me!" He shouted. "War is coming our way and we need to stick together. Klaus has his family, Jackson and Hayley have the werewolves and Finn is a powerful enemy." He smiled brightly. "And make no mistake, we are one unit, one army! We are family." He assured, with such certainty in his eyes. "Family is not determined by blood, but by who you fight for, and who will fight for you! Tonight, we will feed on the blood of our enemies, and if we die, we will be reborn, and we will feed again. We are the Brotherhood of the Damned, and we will not be defeated!" All the vampires cheered but when the night time came, we all became hungry.

"What's going on?" Josh yelled with his red eyes shining.

I glanced at Marcel and he shrugged. "Finn is behind all this. If we don't do anything right now, we will kill everyone in town."

Marcel started shifting and then looked at me. "You seem to be in control. Leave and call Davina! Go!" He shouted and I left, searching for the young witch. I was so gonna kill Finn once this whole ordeal was over.