25. Union

Dear Damon,

My relationship with Klaus ended before it even began. He almost killed Jackson, an innocent person, just to protect his secret. I know family means the most to him and he would kill to protect his daughter just like I would die to protect you and Stefan, but Jackson is about to become part of the family. I love Klaus with all my heart, his actions not so much.

In other news, Kol and Davina are now on our side which means we all have the same goal, to kill Finn Mikaelson and end his path of destruction before he kills Hope. He wasn't supposed to find out about her survival so now he must be stopped. After Finn is dealt with, I will return home to Mystic Falls.

My mind was still filled with thoughts about Klaus. I ended things with him but I still felt compelled to make sure he was alright. That man was vicious, reckless and rude but he needed me. The way he looked at me, with so much hurt, it really made me feel like a freaking monster. Was I way too hard on him?

I heard my phone ringing and decided to pick up the call. "Hello?" My voice came out as a whisper.

"Hey!" I recognized the voice. It was my friend Hayley Marshall. "The unification ritual is approaching and I would like for you to witness. Mary liked you and even though the ritual is for werewolves, I really wanted you to be there as my guest."

My mouth curved upwards into a smile. "Of course. I'm just happy that Jackson is okay and everything turned out just fine."

"Are you still upset with Klaus?" Her question took me off guard.

I nodded even though she couldn't see me. "What he did was so reckless and ridiculous. I get that he was trying to protect Hope, but he took it too far." I sighed. "He could have killed Jackson in a fit of rage." 

"Yeah but he didn't. Thanks for having my back and I'll see yo at the ceremony." She hung up the phone and I stared at it, thinking about Klaus.

***

I needed a drink so I headed to Rousseau's where I saw Davina and Kol. They looked stressed out but I decided not to meddle since it wasn't my business. "A beer, please!" I told the bartender and he winked at me. This bar reminds me of all the times I fed on innocent people while I was soulless.

Kol and Davina sat across from me and just stared at me. "We need your help!" Kol stated and he got my full attention now. "You're the only person I trust." His eyes looked so desperate and sincere.

My eyes traveled to Davina and I smirked. "Your little girlfriend doesn't trust me. Why should I help you?" I questioned the couple right in front of me.

Davina glared at me. "Because Finn knows about Hope and he wants to kill her." This was really bad news. "He cursed Kol and now he's dying." Davina's green eyes were filled with desperation and concern. "I know how much you care about Kol and you don't want him to die. So, please, help him!" She pleaded.

"I do care about Kol. The first time he died back when we were together, it nearly drove me insane." I looked at the boy I once loved. "But we're gonna do it my way and that means you need to talk to Klaus." I pointed to Kol.

The blue-eyed boy shook his head in fear. "No! Klaus would never help me." He did have a point! "Hell, he is going to kill me as soon as he finds out I know the truth about Hope."

I smiled at the young couple of witches. "That's why I'm going to talk to him first." I chugged on the beer and winked. "Wish me luck!" I walked out of the bar and headed towards the compound. Klaus was so gonna kill me and Kol!

***

When I stepped inside Klaus' home, my heart jumped as soon as I saw the Original hybrid standing in front of the couch. I cleared my throat and he looked at me with his intense blue eyes. "Before you tell me to leave, you need to know something."

Klaus tilted his head and smirked. "Sure. What is it that I need to know?" He asked in amusement."

I leaned against the wall. "Finn knows that Hope is alive and he put a curse on Kol as revenge for standing against him." My brown eyes locked with his blue ones and I stepped closer to the hybrid. "Your older brother wants your daughter dead and your younger brother is literally dying."

"I must warn Elijah before Finn gets his hands on my daughter." Klaus stated, concern clear in his voice. "Hope is safer here, with me!" He bitterly stated.

I folded my arms over my chest. "And what are you gonna do about Kol? He also needs your help."

Klaus looked at me. "Tell Kol to come to me and I'll see what I can do."

I sighed heavily and took a step closer to him. "I won't let Kol die this time!" I stated while glaring at Klaus. "Last time, I was powerless while watching your brother be killed and I won't make the same mistake twice." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Your priority should be Hope, but I won't help you with that. Not until Kol is out of the woods."

The Original hybrid put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. "I'm jealous of the way you so fiercely defend my brother. However, I am proud!" He smiled softly and sent my heart into overdrive. "Elijah and Camille can help me with my daughter while you help the Little Witch with Kol." He kissed my forehead. "Bring him to me!" Klaus demanded.

My lips curved upwards. "Does that mean you're willing to help your brother?" I raised an eyebrow.

"We'll see." Klaus stated and I kissed his cheek before leaving his compound. Maybe there was still hope for the two of us. Maybe, Klaus was willing to change his vicious ways. Maybe we could be a family.