17. 'Tis the Season

Dear Damon,

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Finn and Kol are not completely on team Klaus but they're definitely scared of defying their brother. Taking care of Hope reminded me of the good old days when I was a mother and I miss those times.

Klaus and I still haven't talked about our kiss and it's making me uncomfortable. Does he know I got my humanity back? If so, then why hasn't he discussed the subject with me yet? I know he likes me but he's too proud to admit it. Honestly, I'm also too proud to admit he's the reason why I got all my emotions back. I wish you were here to guide me, Damon.

Rebekah entered the living room and greeted me with a huge smile. "Good morning, Mia! Are you coming with us to the safe house?" She asked.

I looked at her in confusion. "I have no idea what you're talking about." I sincerely replied.

The Original sat next to me. "Hasn't Nik told you?" She raised an eyebrow. "I thought it would be a great idea to take Elijah to the safe house since he's been a little out of it. Nik agreed and we're all going to spend Christmas in Arkansas." She smiled. "And, of course, you must come."

I nodded and smiled at my friend. "Who am I to say no to Rebekah Mikaelson?" I chuckled and then turned to her. "Has Klaus said anything about us?"

"You mean about you and him specifically?" I nodded and she sighed. "Nik isn't the type to talk about his feelings. Although, I do know he truly loves you in a way he has never loved anyone before. Not even Tatia."

My eyes traveled around the room. "Yeah, and he really loved her just like Elijah did." Rebekah nodded. "Well, I should pack some things for the trip." I looked at her blue eyes and smiled. "Thank you." She smiled and I left.

***

After arriving at the safe house, Hayley took Hope and walked to the nursery to spend time with her daughter. Elijah went for a walk and I decided to follow him, concerned about his state of mind. "Why are you following me?" The noble Original asked me.

I stopped in my tracks and looked into his brown eyes. "Everyone's worried about you since Esther tried to break you. I wanna understand what the hell is going on with you."

Elijah smirked. "I should ask you the same thing." He stepped closer to me. "Ever since you returned from Mystic Falls, you've been acting differently. And I noticed how close you and Klaus have become."

"Close?" I asked confused. "Klaus and I don't even talk anymore."

The Original grinned. "Niklaus always avoids people he cares about because he does not feel comfortable talking about his true feelings. Unless those feelings are, of course, of hatred and vengeance." He sat down.

I took the liberty to sit next to him and sighed. "But you don't mind talking about your feelings." He looked around the open space. "You killed Tatia, your true love, and now you feel guilty. You think you're a monster and that's exactly what Esther wants." I smirked. "She broke the great Elijah Mikaelson!"

Elijah glared at me and I knew that he was pissed by what I said. "My mother told me the truth. You don't know how it feels like to discover that you betrayed the love of your life and caused that person to die and excrutiating death."

"I watched my husband die and my son." My eyes became glossy and tears threatened to fall. "You killed Tatia but it was an accident." I grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes. "Mourn her death and move on! Your family needs you." He glanced at me and left. I was so confused and mad. I guess Elijah Mikaelson has that effect on people.

***

Klaus entered my room and smiled at me, his blue eyes were shining like stars. "Merry Christmas, Amelia!"

I looked at him, surprised by his Christmas spirit. "I guess being with your daughter was exactly what you needed." I smirked. "You're glowing!"

The Original hybrid sat across from me and smirked. "Love can do amazing things!" He handed me a small red box and I was stunned. "Open it!" He demanded.

When I opened the box, I saw two beautiful diamond earrings and I couldn't help but smile. "Diamonds really are a girl's best friend." I touched them and my eyes were definitely glowing. Klaus could really make a girl swoon.

Klaus reached for my hand and looked into my eyes. "I know the truth." I looked at him in confusion. "Your humanity is back and it has been since you saw your brother. Why didn't you tell me?" He questioned.

I stood up and flailed my arms. "Things were awkward between us and I didn't know how to tell you that I was back." I paused. "The old me, at least."

"You knew I wanted the old Amelia back. The one I fell in love with." He stood up and stared at me. "Damon was able to trigger your humanity just like I thought."

I shook my head from side to side. "It wasn't Damon. It was you." I admitted.

Klaus stepped closer to me and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

Our faces were now only mere inches apart and I could feel his breathing. "I realized I was in love with you ever since we met and that was my trigger." I grabbed his hand and smiled. "You were my trigger." I looked into his shiny blue eyes. "Klaus, the love I feel for is crazy and deep. You make me angry, happy, confused and it's like a freaking rollercoaster of emotions. You give me a sense of danger and safety at the same time. I know that this thing between us is doomed but I feel so safe when I'm with you."

He kissed me passionately and pulled away, cupping my face. "I love you and right now things are quite insane, but I can see myself spending the rest of my life with you, Little Red." We kissed again and I wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling protected by the reckless and terrifying hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson, who happens to be the love of my life.