35. Family Reunion

I pulled up my red Mustang on the driveway of my old home. The Salvatore Boarding House... Last time I was here, Damon came back to life and I was going through a rough patch. Now, my mother came back to life. Killing a Salvatore is a hard task!

My hand was trembling while I tried to open the front door. I turned the doorknob and walked inside the house. "Guess who!" I sang in a sarcastic tone.

"Mia!" Damon smiled and pulled me into a tight embrace. "I knew you would come." He pulled away and looked me up and down, scanning me. "You look good and happy. New Orleans is working out, huh?" He raised an eyebrow.

I nodded and smirked at my brother. "D, New Orleans is where magic happens." I took a seat on the familiar brown leather couch and sighed. "So, Stefan is a ripper again... How did that happen?"

Damon sighed and poured two glasses of bourbon. "Caroline flipped the switch after Liz's death and Stefan, being the good guy he is, tried to get his girlfriend back but only made it worse." He handed me a glass and I took a sip. "Oh, and we have a long lost niece that our brother hid from us." He rolled his eyes.

My head turned to my brother with worried eyes. "What about our mother? We were there in her funeral. The caskett was empty?" I was so confused.

My brother furrowed his eyebrows. "She became a vampire, a ripper actually, and left town. Lily Salvatore abandoned us and spent over a century in a prison world." He informed me.

"Amy!" I heard my mother's voice and stood up to look at the woman who gave birth to me. "My dear Amy." She pulled me into a tight hug while I teared up. "I missed you so much. My only daughter..."

I pulled away and glared at my mother while wiping the tears from my face. "If you really missed me, you would have reached out when you found out we were turned into vampires." I set the glass on the table and ran upstairs to my old room.

***

I was in my room when I heard someone knock. "Come in!" I said. Elena opened the door and entered my room cautiously, closing the door behind her. "Damon told you about our little family reunion, right?"

Elena nodded before sitting on my red couch. "For what it's worth, she's here to help Stefan." She gave me a quick smile. "I'm so happy to see you. Last time we were together, I acted like a bitch because I decided to erase my memories of your brother."

"I'm glad to see you too, Elena." I reached for her hand and smiled. "How is Jeremy doing? I haven't heard from him. Although, I know he hates me."

The doppelganger sighed. "Jeremy doesn't hate you! As a matter of fact, he still loves you and he knows your humanity is back on." I rolled my eyes and she raised an eyebrow. "My brother went to art school and left Mystic Falls. Now tell me all about your life!" Elena giggled and squeezed my hand.

I smirked at my friend. "Well, I have a roommate and she's a witch. Klaus and I are trying to find a way to be together but things are so chaotic right now." I tilted my head. "Also, there's another Mikaelson, she's the Originals' older sister. Oh, and I'm friends with Hayley Marshall now."

Elena looked at me stunned. "Wow, you seem to have a whole new life in New Orleans. Are you happy?" Her question made me think.

"I love Klaus and I feel useful there like they really need me." I looked down and then sighed. "But sometimes I miss my simple life here. I had a boyfriend who loved me, friends who cared and my brothers." Elena sat next to me on the bed and hugged me. I truly missed Mystic Falls.

***

Damon was in the kitchen when I came in and gave me a half smile. "How are you feeling?" He asked me.

I opened a bottle of water and took a big gulp. "Yeah. I was just overwhelmed when I saw our mother." I sighed. "What is her deal?"

"Our mommy dearest was turned into a vampire and faked her death because of the council our father was a part of." I listened carefully to Damon. "She was a ripper all through 1903, which is when she got trapped in a prison world similar to mine. I got her back just to save Stefan from himself." My brother looked at me with a smug expression. "He's been on a reckless bing with Caroline."

Lily Salvatore showed up and smiled at me. "Are you feeling better, Amy?" She asked with her usual kind eyes. My mother always called me Amy in an affectionate way and I truly missed that.

I pulled my mother into a small hug. "I'm sorry for how I welcomed you." I pulled away and looked into her eyes. "Your death was very painful but knowing you were alive and never actually searched for me was disappointing and I got mad."

My mother held my hand gently. "When I heard you had become a vampire, I searched for you and found you in London with your friend. He told me you were still trying to control your urges and that I was a bad influence on you since I was a ripper." She caressed my cheek like she used to do when I was a child. "Out of all my children, you were the only one I tried to keep an eye on."

Damon rolled his eyes and stepped next to me. "And why is that, mother?" He asked with sass.

"Because, my dear, Giuseppe was not your biological father." I gasped in shock while she stood there smiling. "Your true father was a kind man who died of consumption around the same time I faked my death. Amy, you were always my light and I regret leaving you behind even though Giuseppe treated you well."

Tears were streaming down my face while listening to her confession. Giuseppe Salvatore was not my father and I wasn't a real Salvatore. My whole life is a lie because my mother was a cheater and also a terrible person. I'm starting to regret my trip back to Mystic Falls!