5. An Invitation From Hell

Dear Damon,

Apparently, both Mikael and Esther are alive just like my former boyfriend Kol. Klaus is furious and wants to kill them both but it will be hard. I'm ready for the battle we have ahead since I'm not really scared of them despite the danger we're all in.

I faced Silas, Katherine and the Travelers without hesitating so I'm not backing down from this fight. Kol still likes me and I will take that to my advantage and find out what Esther is plotting against her children. Also, I need to get close to Davina and take Mikael from her control.

I heard a knock on the door and climbed out of bed to answer it. To my surprise, Kol Mikaelson was at my door and I smirked. "Kol! Here to relive old times?"

Kol grinned. "Actually I'm here to warn you about something." He entered into my loft and sat on a chair. "My mother knows you're helping Klaus and she wants to do something about it."

I sat across from him and leaned forward. "And what is that?"

He shrugged. "She wouldn't tell me." Kol sighed. "Esther has a way of dealing with things. She knows we were close back in Mystic Falls and doesn't trust me when it comes to you." His blue eyes stared deeply into my brown ones. "I told her you were not a threat but she didn't budge. You're a problem to her."

"Make her trust you, Kol." I smirked. "Attack me in front of her and make her believe you're angry at me for what happened when you died." I stood up. "If she believes you hate me, then she'll tell you her plan and you can tell me."

Kol furrowed his eyebrows. "I can't betray my mother. Besides, you're on Klaus' side." He stood up as well and faced me. "We're on opposite sides of the upcoming war."

I stepped closer to him and reached for his neck. "I didn't tell Klaus about your new look. He doesn't know you're Davina's new friend." I pulled him closer to me. "Don't I deserve something in return?" He smiled and kissed me softly before walking away. It was so easy to manipulate the Mikaelson brothers.

***

After Kol left, I got a call from Klaus so I decided to pick up the phone. "Good morning, Early Bird!" I smirked. 

"Did you get my mother's invitation for dinner?" Klaus asked and I could tell he was furious.

I noticed someone slipping an envelope on my door and grabbed it. "Yeah, I got it." I replied while opening the invitation. "Your mother might be a raging bitch but she sure knows how to make fancy dinner parties."

"This is not time for jokes!" He scolded me. "Come to my home, right now!" He demanded and hung up the call.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Rude!"

Once I arrived at the compound, Klaus was pacing around the room and I raised an eyebrow. He noticed me and stared at me. "You took your sweet time, love!"

I rolled my eyes. "I need to get dressed." I sat on the couch and smirked at the Mikaelson brothers. "You know, you always call me in the morning hoping that I will drop everything in an instant for you." I licked my lips. "We're not in a relationship, Klaus."

Klaus smirked and patted Elijah's back. "Amelia, your sarcasm amuses me but we have problems that need solutions."

Elijah cleared his throat. "We're going to the dinner as a family and show our mother that we are not scared of her."

"Exactly." Klaus cut in. "And you're part of this family now, Amelia." He smiled. "Wear something proper for this evening and dazzle my mother."

I grinned. "We also have another leverage." They looked at me with widened eyes. "Kol came to my loft and told me that Esther is planning something against me but she doesn't trust him enough to tell him her plans which is why I told him he had to pretend to hold a grudge against me."

Klaus smirked. "See Elijah, this is why Amelia is an asset to us." He looked at me with his bright blue eyes. "That was a smart move, taking advantage of my little brother's feelings for you." I smiled at Klaus while Elijah just glanced between us.

***

Hayley walked inside the room and stood next to Elijah. He looked adoringly at her and I smirked. "There's someone else who could help us facing our mother." He smirked. "A witch named Lenore. We should stop by her shop."

The four of us walked inside the shop and I coughed. "This place smells!" I complained. "Is this sage?"

"Yes." An older woman appeared in front of us. "I always burn sage to stop vampires from eavesdropping." She smiled. "What can I do fo you?"

Elijah stepped closer to the woman. "Hello, Lenore! We are in a bit of a situation with our mother, Esther."

The woman furrowed her eyebrows. "And you suggested my help to your murderous brother." She pointed at Klaus.

Klaus smirked. "You flatter me witch." He proceeded to stand next to Elijah. "My daughter is in danger. All I want to do is protect her from both my parents."

I folded my arms over my chest and tilted my head. "This witch doesn't seem powerful enough to face Esther." I whispered to Hayley.

"Well, she's the only witch who can since Davina loathes Klaus." Hayley whispered back.

Lenore smiled at the Mikaelson brothers. "Whatever I can do to help, I will. But I'm not strong enough to stand against an ancient witch like your mother."

Klaus smirked. "I killed her before and I will do it again. I just want to make sure everyone here is protected from her for tonight." He scoffed. "My dearest mother invited us to a little dinner party."

"I can do protection spell to make sure she cannot harm you." Lenore said firmly.

I rolled my eyes. "Goodie! We're gonna wear amulets for dinner."

Lenore walked up to me and touched my hand. "I can feel great pain inside of you, even though you don't have feelings anymore." She caressed my cheek. "But everything will change soon." I fliched at her touch and furrowed my eyebrows. This witch is crazy!