29. Seeking Help

Dear Damon,

Kol is dead and I don't know how to react. He was such an important part of my life and now he's gone. Davina has been staying with me despite the fact that we can't stand each other. The poor girl is so depressed, she barely eats, can't sleep and keeps chanting something in latin. I need to be strong for her and Klaus, although we haven't been together in a while.

Rebekah has been obsessed with the idea of resurrecting Kol which won't be easy. Finn is still alive, thanks to another witch. Klaus knows exactly who the bitch is but he refuses to tell me. Hayley and Jackson seem to be getting along just fine, he absolutely adores Hope and the baby seems to like him as well. She does need a father figure that actually parents instead of murdering people.

"Hey!" Davina greeted me and smiled. "Thanks for letting me stay with you all this time. I know we don't get along and your relationship with Klaus makes me unable to trust you but you've been a good friend to me."

I looked at the young witch and smiled. "Truth?" She nodded and I held her hand. "I always wanted a little sister when I was younger so having you around kinda makes up for the fact I never had one." 

Davina caressed my hand gently. "Now I know why Kol loved you." Her eyes became glossy at the mention of her boyfriend's name. "You're kind, strong, smart and funny. Everytime I break down, you always manage to make me laugh."

I chuckled and raised an eyebrow. "Well, I learned from the best. My brother Damon used to make me laugh all the time after our mother's death which made me feel less sad and lonely."

The young witch stood up and started folding the blanket. "Your brother seems like a lovely person despite all the horrible things I heard about him." I smiled and then headed to my bedroom. Davina is not that bad once you get to know her.

***

Rebekah texted me to meet her at Rousseau's so I headed to the bar and saw my best friend sitting alone at the bar while drinking whisky. "What's up?" I sat next to her. "I'd like a beer, please." I smiled at the bartender. 

My friend sighed and I could tell she was distraught. "I just had a strange encounter with a coven who wanted to kill me." She confessed. "They said I was dangerous and shouldn't be roaming New Orleans. I need help!" Rebekah fluttered her eyelids in fear.

I took a big gulp of the ice cold beer and then looked at the desperate witch. "You need to go to your brother. He's the right person to help you, not me."

Rebekah shook her head. "I can't tell Klaus! He will slaughter the coven and make even more enemies. Hope is still in danger, Mia!"

"That's why we're going to Elijah for help." I raised an eyebrow and tapped the counter twice. "You need to chill!"

My best friend glared at me and then sighed in relief. "Do you think he will be able to help me?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea, but at least he won't go on a murderous rampage." I chuckled and she nodded before chugging her drink. "Elijah is way more diplomatic and I'm sure he will handle things just fine."

The former vampire looked at me with her dark brown eyes. "Promise me you won't say a word to Klaus! If he finds out I'm sure he will kill every single witch in New Orleans."

"No, I won't tell your brother about the coven." I held up my pinky finger and smiled. "It's a promise!" She smiled as well while linking her pinky to mine.

***

After getting inside my precious red Mustang, Rebekah and I arrived at the place Elijah was staying with Marcel's vampire army. We walked past a few vampires that were practicing until I spot Josh. "Hey!" The young vampire greeted us with his shy smile.

I flipped my red hair and smiled. "Hello, Josh! Where's Elijah?" I adjusted my sunglasses. "We really need to speak to him."

Josh pointed to the building. "He's inside with Marcel. Apparently our leaders have some... differences."

Rebekah grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside. "Let's go!" She rolled her eyes and furrowed her brows.

"For such a small girl, you're strong!" I told her before we stopped in front of a big rusty door. "Do you wanna knock..."

The former vampire rolled her eyes and opened the door aggressively, causing both vampires to look at her. "Stop bickering because I need your help." She glanced between the two of them. "From both of you."

Elijah nodded and stepped closer to his sister. "Whatever you need, Rebekah!" He looked at his sister with a soft expression and it warmed my heart.

After a few hours of research, we found a few interesting things. "You're possessing a witch named Eva Sinclair that was a piece of work." Marcel informed us.

"Yeah, apparently she used children in sacrificial spells in order to channel their power." I scrunched my nose in disgust. "Now I know why the coven wants to kill you."

Elijah closed a book and took a closer look at Rebekah. "Have you been experiencing blackouts? Or losing track of time?" He questioned his sister.

Bekah looked at him and then nodded. "Yeah..." She immediately rolled her eyes. "When I go to sleep." The former vampire was starting to get annoyed. "Do you think it's possible she will regain control of her body?"

The Original nodded with a stern expression. "She is a powerful witch and slightly psychotic." He gently patted his sister's shoulder. "I'm afraid you're in danger and I'm not talking just about the coven."

I sighed. "Your mother sure knows how to pick 'em." I rolled my eyes and then something popped up right in front of me. "I think the noble one should speak to the leader of the coven." I smirked.

"That is actually a good idea." Elijah praised me and I flipped my hair while grinning at my allies. I would do anything to help Rebekah since I couldn't save Kol.