36. Ripper Stefan

My mind was still running after learning that Giuseppe Salvatore, the only father I have ever known, is not my biological father. My mother cheated on him and the poor man believed I was his daughter. The world is indeed cruel!

My phone started ringing and Stefan's name popped up on my screen. I picked it up and raised an eyebrow. "Stefan?"

"Hello, little sister! I heard you were in town and decided to give you a call." My brother said.

I knitted my eyebrows together. "Look, I know you're back to your old ways but I really need my brother back. You were my rock when Damon died."

"Yet, you still flipped the switch and went on a feeding spree across the country. You are in no position to judge me." He smirked.

I sighed. "Stefan, I'm not judging you. The only thing I want is to see you before I leave to New Orleans."

"Okay." Stefan sighed heavily. "Stop by the Whitmore college bar and we can have a short family reunion."

I nodded and hung up the call. I went downstairs and saw Damon, Elena and my mother in the living room. "Stefan called me and he wants me to go to Whitmore to meet him. It's a great opportunity to bring him back." I grabbed my keys and started heading towards the front door.

Damon grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him. "Mia! I brought our mother back to help Stefan. I truly believe she is his only trigger."

I pulled away from his grip and glared at my brother. "She abandoned us and didn't care for 150 years." My eyes traveled to the woman I despised. "Stefan will probably hate her!"

Lily walked up to me and pursed her lips. "Amy, I can't imagine the pain you feel for my deception but I truly care about my children and I am willing to help Stefan get his humanity back."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and walked outside the house towards my car. As soon as I climbed into my car, I slammed my hands against the steering wheel in frustration.

***

I arrived at the college bar and when I stepped inside of it, my eyes traveled to Matt and Tyler who were looking at me, fear filling their eyes. "Stefan!" I shouted. "I'm here as you asked." I nodded at my friends but they just stood still.

My head turned to the noise coming from behind the counter and then Stefan walked towards me. "How long has it been since we last saw each other?" He asked with a vicious grin plastered all over his face.

"Why are they here looking like they just saw a ghost?" I pointed at both boys.

Stefan laughed maniacally. "Oh, them?" He asked with a mock tone. "Caroline compelled them to stay here so she could play with them."

Caroline appeared out of nowhere and smirked. "Mia..." She hugged me quickly and then looked at my friends. "Isn't it ironic that both my ex-boyfriends are about to kill each other?" She glared at them. "Go!"

Soon enough, Tyler and Matt jumped at each other's throats and began throwing punches. I stood between them and stared at them both. "You will not kill each other, no matter what Caroline or Stefan tell you." I compelled them and then turned to my brother. "They're always on vervain but by the amount of blood I see, you drained them so you could compel your friend." I spat in disgust.

Stefan cupped my face and looked into my eyes. "I'm really sorry, Mia. You can't ruin my fun." He immediately snapped my neck and I blacked out.

***

When I woke up, both my brothers were hovering over me. "Are you okay, Mia?" Damon asked, relief was clear in his piercing blue eyes.

I glared at Stefan. "You snapped my neck!" I stood up and faced my brother. "Even without any humanity in me, I never hurt you." I yelled at him and he did nothing. "Why aren't you fighting me or making fun of your pathetic sister?"

Stefan pulled me into a tight embrace. "I'm so sorry for hurting you, Mia. You're my sister and I should have never done that."

"Steffy..." My eyes filled up with tears and I hugged him tight before pulling away. "Lily pulled through, right?" I looked at her and smiled softly.

My brother nodded and then held my hand. "We're finally a family again!" He looked around the bar and his smile faded. "Where's Caroline?"

Damon smirked. "The blondie left as soon as she saw us. You always date the psychotic ones, huh Stefan?"

After we arrived home, I followed my mother into the kitchen. "You said you didn't care about my brothers, yet you helped Stefan. What's in it for you?"

"Damon promised to give me the devise I need to get my other family back." Her eyes locked with mine. "They are trapped in 1903 in pain and frustration. I promised to take care of them and I intend to keep my promise."

I shook my head in disappointment. "You also promised to take care of your children but instead you abandoned us."

Lily stepped closer to me. "Why don't you meet my new family? They know all about you and have always wanted to meet you." She caressed my cheek and smiled. "I am sure you are going to love them as much as I do."

I laughed sarcastically and grabbed her arms tight. "You're delusional!" I shoved her slightly before leaving the kitchen.

"Mia!" Stefan said my name and I flinched. "I didn't mean to scare you."

I put my hand on my chest and smiled. "It's okay, Steffy. I had an argument with our mother and was distracted."

Stefan walked closer to me and sighed. "Damon told me that our father is not actually yours." He held my hand and smiled. "I know how much he cared about you so, in a way, he truly was your father. Parents are the ones who raise us and Giuseppe Salvatore loved you and raised you well."

I smiled and pulled my brother into an embrace. "Thank you, Stefan. Those words mean the world to me, especially coming from you." And that was the last time I saw my brother before leaving to New Orleans, where a war was waiting for me.