38. A Thousand Eyes

Josephine LaRue, the witch that has been helping Elijah, asked us to stop by St. James' Infirmary in order to create a new safe house for Hope. "Why are we here?" I asked once I spotted the witch.

Josephine smiled at me. "My dear, this place is very special to our community." We gave her confused looks and she cleared her throat. "You see, St. James' Infirmary is considered a neutral ground which is why vampires and witches always meet here."

"Of course." Elijah said in agreement. "Amelia just returned to New Orleans and isn't up to speed to your plan."

I rolled my eyes and then crossed my arms over my chest while Marcel looked at me in amusement. "But why are we here?" I asked once again.

The witch stepped closer to me with a smile plastered on her face. "This infirmary will be a safe haven for Hope. The Garden District Coven is going to perform a disruption spell that will prevent any witch who intends to use magic for evil from using any kind of magic within these four walls."

I looked at her in shock. "Okay, sounds like a solid plan." I tilted my head back and then sighed. "But Dahlia is powerful. Are you sure that spell will hold her down?"

Marcel nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah, she's supposed to be the most powerful witch in the world and everyone is scared of her."

Josephine glanced between all of us. "Believe me, this spell is bulletproof. Not even Dahlia will be able to do magic here."

Elijah furrowed his eyebrows and nodded. "Josephine, how soon can you do the spell so we can bring Hope here?"

The witch smiled softly. "I will make sure the spell is done by tonight so Hope will be safe. I predict that danger is near." Those words were engraved in my mind. Does that mean that Dahlia is already in New Orleans?

***

Davina texted me to rush to the compound so I could help Klaus. I do have a question though. Why was Davina with Klaus in the compound when they literally hate each other? Once I arrived at the Original hybrid's home, I saw Mikael laying on the floor with the white oak stake on his chest. "What the hell happened here?" I asked incredulous.

Klaus glanced at me and then turned to Davina. "You called her here?" I could tell he was upset. "Can't you just be a good witch and help me without dragging Amelia into my business?"

The young witch glares at Klaus. "You asked my help to make a weapon able to destroy Dahlia but you never mentioned that Mia didn't know about it."

"There's a weapon that can kill Dahlia?" I asked in confusion.

The Original hybrid sighed and turned to me. "Davina was able to forge a weapon that is lethal to Dahlia but it was destroyed."

I folded my arms over my chest. "Okay... But why did you kill Mikael? Freya is gonna kill you once she finds out you wasted her precious daddy." I raised an eyebrow.

Klaus smirked. "But you see, one of the key ingredients of the weapon is the ashes of a viking, the people that oppressed Dahlia." His smirk grew wider. "Mikael was a viking back in his day and I am willing to do what it takes to prevent my daughter from being in danger."

I sighed and watched as Mikael's body started to burn into ashes. "The safe house is ready for Hope. Josephine and her coven are doing the spell that can keep witches from harming your baby." I explained.

The blue eyed hybrid smiled and reached for my hand, pulling me into a tight hug. This gesture was so simple, yet so meaningful. We were once again on the same page and that comforted me.

***

I drove Davina back to the loft and she burned some sage in case we were being spied by Dahlia or any of her minions. "Why were you helping Klaus?" I shouted at the teenage witch. "If Dahlia finds out you're involved she will have no problem to kill you and I won't have that!"

Davina sighed. "I know but Klaus offered me something I couldn't resist."

"What?" I yelled once again.

She bit her bottom lip. "He gave me Kol's ashes from when he died in Mystic Falls." Davina breathed heavily. "I know I can resurrect him and Klaus wants his brother back."

I looked into her bright green eyes. "You're willing to bring back Kol in his vampire body? You hate vampires!" I pointed out.

Davina shook her head lightly. "But I love Kol more than anything!" She stated. "He isn't evil and I'm sure he won't come back as a blood thirsty vampire like Klaus."

My hand reached for her soulder and I smiled. "I want Kol alive as much as you do but you have to understand that he was a very volatile vampire." I sighed. "When I was human I was a sweet girl and my only ambition was to be happy. As a vampire, I became angry and every single feeling I had intensified." I held her hand gently. "You only met human Kol and he was manipulative. Imagine what vampire Kol will be like."

The young witch glared at me. "Why are you saying that? I thought you liked Kol when he was a vampire." She was mad.

"I loved Kol!" I stated, raising my voice. "The thing is..." I sighed. "Davina, I care about you and I don't want you to get hurt. Kol is a great guy but I don't know if he's good for you."

Davina looked down. "So you don't want me to bring Kol back to life?" She asked with a bitter tone.

I shook my head. "No. I'm saying that I don't want you to get your hopes up when it comes to Kol Mikaelson." I stared at her. "Klaus might be ruthless, but Kol sees girls as trophies."

The teenage girl smiled slightly. "I promise I won't let him play me. If I see that he's not the same Kol I fell in love with, I will back down." I pulled her into a hug and smiled. Davina was a strong girl and I'm sure she will make Kol work hard for her.