23. Secrets and Lies

Dear Damon,

I'm finally feeling a lot more comfortable around Klaus. We kissed again and this time it wasn't awkward at all. We promised to be together after everything blows over and I think it's the best thing to do. I know you would never let a war coming between you and Elena, but Klaus and I are different. Besides, he has a daughter to think about.

Finn is suspicious of his brothers and I believe he's closer to the truth about Hope's death that didn't happen. The baby has been staying in Arkansas with Cami while we all search for Rebekah. Everyone involved in Hope's birth is either dead or compelled by Klaus. If Finn finds out the truth, he will use Hope as leverage to kill his brother.

Someone knocked on my door and when I opened it, I was surprised to see Hayley Marshall on my doorstep. "Good morning! Is something wrong?" I asked. It was unusual to see the new hybrid this early.

Hayley sat on a chair and eyed me. "I know you must be confused but I have no one else to talk to. We kinda became close after Christmas." She smiled softly.

I sat on the couch across from her and leaned forward. "Whatever it is, you can count on me." I smiled in reassurance.

She sighed and rested her head on her hands. "Elijah and I had sex in the safe house right after I told him about the marriage ritual and now I feel guilty for lying to Jackson." She confessed.

My eyes were widened in shock at her sudden confession. "Hayley, this marriage is a business arrangement and you have every right to keep your little indiscretion to yourself." I stated. "Although, if it was me, I would come clean to Jackson and tell him everything. He deserves to know!"

Hayley nodded and stood up. "You're right! I have to tell Jackson the truth and hope for the best." She smiled at me. "Thank you for listening to me, Mia." I nodded at her and watched as she left my loft. Man, this family was more messed up than mine!

***

Klaus texted me to meet him at the compound. I guess he needed my help once again and I was willing to oblige. "Where were you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

I smirked and leaned against the door. "Klaus, I'm your friend and your ally but you don't own me." I stepped closer to him. "But I was with Hayley in my loft. She need to talk." I kissed his cheek before seating on a chair.

The Original hybrid grinned. "Since when are you and the Little Wolf friends?" He questioned but before I could answer he leaned forward and kissed my lips softly. "I asked you here so we could discuss our relationship."

I quirked an eyebrow in surprise. "Is this a DTR talk? Cause I thought we agreed to wait until your daughter was safe."

"What does DTR mean?" Klaus asked, clearly clueless about the term I used.

I chuckled. "It means Define The Relationship." I pulled him closer to me and smiled. "I'm your partner, Nik, but that doesn't mean you have the right to interfere in my life."

Klaus kissed my cheek and smiled. "Am I allowed to save you when you get in trouble?" He asked sarcastically.

I pecked him on the lips and smirked. "Last time I saved your butt so I guess we can save each other." I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his nose. "Apparently, your brother Elijah slept with Hayley in Arkansas. Now, she has to decide whether or not to tell her future husband about the rendezvous." I chuckled.

"Hayley is really going to marry that werewolf?" Klaus questioned in anger and pulled away from me. "You're coming with me to the bayou so I can end that charade." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside before heading to the bayou. He was one determined hybrid.

***

When we arrived at the bayou, Klaus was furious and looked like he was going to kill someone. "Why do you care so much?" I asked in annoyance.

Klaus stopped in his tracks and stared at me. "Hayley didn't tell you abou the divulgement ritual, did she?" I shook my head and he smirked. "Of course not. It happens before the marriage ceremony where both parties have to tell the truth. Now, I know Hope is not your responsibility but she's my daughter and I do not want the pack to find out she is alive."

I glared at him. "Hope is not my daughter but that doesn't mean that I don't care about her." I stated. "If this ritual is dangerous to her, I will help you put an end to it, for Hope. She's just a baby and deserves to be safe."

His expression softened and he caressed my cheek. "I apologize for my choice of words." I smiled softly and he kissed my forehead before smirking as usual. "There's the cabin I was looking for." He knocked on the door and started shouting. "I know there's someone in there!"

An elderly woman opened the door and glared at Klaus. "To what do I owe this unannounced visit?" She asked before crossing her arms over the chest.

Klaus smirked. "Aren't you going to invite us in?" He asked with a wide grin and the woman glanced between the two of us.

"Do you honestly think I would invite a couple of vampires into my home? I might be old but I'm not insane." The woman stated and it made me chuckle. She was one sassy lady!

The Original hybrid shot me a look and I shut my mouth. "I'm part werewolf. As far as I know, we might be relatives." Klaus argued. "All I need to know is where Hayley is. I do not intend to harm you."

The woman turned to me with a soft expression. "Tell me, young lady. Is this man telling the truth?" Her question took me by surprise. "You have a very honest face and you give me a pure vibe."

I looked at Klaus and then smiled at the woman. "Honestly, I have no idea what his intentions are. What I do know is that he's very protective of his family and Hayley is a part of it." I replied truthfully.

"I am sorry but I will not tell you where Hayley and my grandson are." The woman said before shutting the door right in our faces.

Klaus glared at me. "Couldn't you have lied to her?" He asked, flailing his arms and that made me laugh. His frustration was quite amusing to me but it kind of scared me.