18. A Christmas Miracle

Hayley was in the living room reading a book when I walked in, with a cup of tea in my hand. "May I join you?" I asked and she nodded. "What's up with you?" I raised an eyebrow before sipping on my hot beverage.

"I have a tough decision to make." She said while putting the book away.

I leaned against the couch. "Something I can help you with?" I asked curious about her conundrum.

Hayley sighed. "There is a way to keep the werewolves from Esther's control but it requires a bit of a sacrifice and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it."

My eyes locked with hers and I smiled softly. "If there's anyone who's ready for a sacrifice it's you." I leaned forward. "You're an alpha and any kind of leader needs to make tough decisions. Hayley, you're a tough bitch!" We both giggled.

She looked at me with a serious expression. "Jackson thinks that if we merge both packs in a ritual, that Esther will have no control over them. But there's a catch."

"Spill!" I demanded.

Hayley looked down with a guilty expression and I knew something was wrong. "The ritual is a wedding in which I will have to marry Jackson."

I looked at her in shock. "Aren't you in love with a certain Original?" I asked and she nodded. "Hayley, Esther is an evil witch and she has young wolves under her control. You saved them so you must finish what you started."

"You're saying I should marry Jackson." The hybrid looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. "How am I gonna tell Elijah?"

I finished my tea and shrugged. "Just be honest with him. The man has been through a lot and he deserves to know the truth from you and no one else." I held her hand reassuringly and smiled. "Alphas always do what's best for their pack." I winked and she smiled, knowing exactly what to do about the situation.

***

"Merry Christmas D and Steffy!" I smiled brightly at my brothers as soon as they accepted my video call.

Damon smirked and Stefan smiled. "Merry Christmas!" They said in unison and Damon rolled his eyes. He hated cheesy stuff like that. "We gotta run but we miss you." Stefan stated.

"Who are you talking to?" Rebekah entered the living room and raised an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes. "Bye guys!" I disconnected the call and closed my laptop. "I was just wishing my brothers a merry Christmas."

Rebekah looked around the room. "I envy you." Her little confession took me by surprise. "The Salvatore family may be dysfunctional but at least you love each other are would die for one another." She chuckled. "From what I've heard, the three of you died just to save your town. My siblings would never do that."

I looked at my friend and I sighed. "You come from a murderous family but your brothers love you, even if they don't show it." I smiled sympathetically. "Well, I wouldn't count on Finn though."

The Original scoffed. "Finn was always blindly faithful towards our mother. That's what killed him in the first place." She chuckled. "I would never count on Finn to protect me."

"Klaus and Elijah love you so much." She raised an eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. "Granted, Klaus kept you in a coffin for decades and stopped you from running away with my brother, but he needed you by his side and I know for sure he would have killed Stefan in order to keep you right beside him." I chuckled. "He has a twisted way of showing love."

Rebekah laughed, causing me to chuckle. "Nik has always been a mystery to everyone. But he is clear about his feelings for you." She smiled and her words were imprinted in my brain. Klaus really does show his love for me.

***

Klaus and Elijah entered the room with stern looks on their faces. "I want to see the two of you in my study right now!" The Original demanded.

I glanced at Rebekah and we followed him. When Klaus is angry, no one should ever question him. "You look upset! What's wrong?" I asked him cautiously.

Klaus glared at his sister. "Elijah told me you are thinking about taking Esther's offer. Are you insane?" He shouted. "There is no way you will be purified by our crazy and psychotic mother who hates the monsters she created." His face was red from shouting.

"I already told her I would do it." Rebekah touched her brother's shoulder. "This is the only way to defeat her from the inside. She will never suspect me since I accepted her deal." She looked at her brother. "Nik, please accept my decision!" She pleaded.

Elijah glanced between the two of them. "Rebekah could be an asset." He stated. "She will have access to things we don't. Maybe she can find something we can use against our mother."

Klaus was enraged. "No! I will not risk my sister's life in order to take down Esther." His eyes were glossy. "Haven't we suffered enough because of our parents?"

Rebekah was tearing up. "I've seen what she has done to us over the years. Both of our parents scarred us which is why I'm willing to take the risk. If I don't this, she will kill you, Nik." She glanced at me. "And I would rather die saving you, than watching you get killed."

"Is this your ultimate sacrifice?" Klaus asked her, clearly touched by his sister's actions.

"You have hurt me so much over the centuries, but you are my brother and the three of us made a promise that I hold dear." Rebekah looked determined and extend her hands. "Always and forever."

Elijah took her hand. "Always and forever."

Klaus hesitated but soon grabbed both their hands. "Always and forever."

I smiled and felt a tear streaming down my face. "I guess this means war for Esther." I grinned. "What about Kol and Finn?"

"We will take down everyone who stands in our path." Klaus smirked and I nodded. "Are you with us, Amelia?"

I nodded and smiled at the three Originals. "Always and forever." They all smiled and for the first time I felt like I belonged with them. New Orleans was my home now, thanks to Klaus.