Chapter 18

There's a knock on my door.

"Vivi Jc is here." My mom says.

"Okay be right down."

Me and Jc are going penny boarding today. I've only tried it once so im kind of scared and nervous I don't want to make a big fool out of myself. I go downstairs and Jc is in a deep conversation with my dad. 

"Yeah my parents own a restaurant down the road. My grandma makes the best Tamales " He says

"Looks like we're going to have to check it out one day. " My dad tells Jc.

Ofcourse my dad would be talking about food. 

"Now you see where I get my fatness from." I tell Jc

He laughs

"Are you calling me fat? Oh no. You're not going out no more.  " My dad jokes.

"Ofcouse not. You're thick. " I say and laugh

"Mmmhm that's what I thought." He says

"Well we're leaving now.  See you guys later. " I say. Jc opens the door and we head out to the beach.

We get to the beach and it's pretty pack. Jc grabs his board and we start walking towards the shops.

"Let's go get you a board first." He says

"Okay."

We go into a shop that had hundreds of penny boards.

"Choose one you would like." Jc says.

I look at the prices.  $120 holy shit. I'm not okay with Jc buying something so expensive for me.

"Jc I can just use yours. I'm not comfortable with you buying me something so expensive. " I say

"Babe pick one out. Or I will pick one out for you.  Don't worry how much it costs." He says and smiles at me.

"Fine." I say

I pick out a board that has three different colors on it. light blue, dark blue and purple. I love it it's so cute. We pay and walk out.

"Thank you. You didn't have to buy me one." I say

"You're welcome. But i wanted to. " He says while grabbiny my hand and we start walking over to the skate park.

" Okay are you ready?" Jc asks

"Uh I think so."  I say hesitating

" Get on your board and hold my hand and push your body with your right foot." He says.

Jc is on his board too. We're going at a good speed. I think I'm getting the hang of this.

"Are you good babe? You think you can do it by yourself with out me holding your hand." He asks

"Yeah I think I got it."

"Okay let's go over to the board walk. "

We're going down the the board walk Jc is in front of me and I'm following behind him. He's pretty good. I pick up my pace and go faster.  All of a sudden i hear someone go pass me. I recognize the person it's Myles. I look back to see if anyone is behind me. Sure enough there is Kalin. Next thing I know i go flying off my board.  I fall face down. I can feel the scrapes on my elbows and knees from me trying to stop my face from hitting the ground.  Kalin is the first person who gets to me.

KALIN'S POV-

Myles wanted to go Penny boarding so here I am. I don't see why he wanted me to come he is way ahead of me. This girk infront of me is going hella slow. She better move before I run her over.  The girl turns around. Oh shit it's Vivi.  She hits an out of place wood and goes flying off her board. I hurry to her.